Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Show your Hot toys Batman Collection!

Is there a secret that I dunno of? Cause I see so many ppl displaying their beloved collectibles without a case on open shelves or just desk. Wouldn't these all get dusty and messed up over time? You guys spray something on to prevent it? I made my cases and I see dust on it within a day.. maybe Toronto is just too dirty or my filters.... ohhhh I have not cleaned them for a while... but still :D

Hey it's a scooby doo episode!

Joker: And we would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you and morgan freeman you meddling kids!

:rotfl:lol

and here is my display at the moment. nothin fancy but i hope to get my shelf altered so its not so low so you can see the figures. but for now, right above my entertainment center. so happy to see the collection complete.

Last edited:

Quick snapshot of my Hot Toys Batcollection; need to find a more pleasing way to display them in this (rather large) cabinet:

No TDK costumed Batman or Batpod for me yet, waiting on the DX.

And yes, for those of you that are particularly observant, that is the original HT Batman Begins cape on the original costume Batman; I purchased the new-and-improved parts piecemeal when the improved version was released.

Last edited:

Quick snapshot of my Hot Toys Batcollection; need to find a more pleasing way to display them in this (rather large) cabinet:

No TDK costumed Batman or Batpod for me yet, waiting on the DX.

And yes, for those of you that are particularly observant, that is the original HT Batman Begins cape on the original costume Batman; I purchased the new-and-improved parts piecemeal when the improved version was released.

I have never seen such a big ass shelf in my life! :horror

I have never seen such a big ass shelf in my life! :horror

I snagged three discontinued IKEA kitchen base cabinets and adapted them; it was the only thing I could find that could even come close to holding my Jabba's throne room set-up. It's kind of hard to get far enough away from it to photograph the whole deal. :D

I'm thinking of building and adding an adjustable shelf above the Tumbler's shelf, not sure yet what I should put on it; it's the only 1:6 car I currently own.

Also going to get plexiglass to cover the front to avoid the dust monster, as well as internal lighting.

It's nice to finally have my displays all coming together, has certainly taken long enough to be able to buy all the necessary furniture.

Last edited:

:rotfl:lol

and here is my display at the moment. nothin fancy but i hope to get my shelf altered so its not so low so you can see the figures. but for now, right above my entertainment center. so happy to see the collection complete.

lol it really looks like they are all line dancing together....
:rotfl

OMG LOL it does, great now i gotta reposition them cuz im just gonna see them squaredancing.:eek: but seriously thats funny.:lol

I snagged three discontinued IKEA kitchen base cabinets and adapted them; it was the only thing I could find that could even come close to holding my Jabba's throne room set-up. It's kind of hard to get far enough away from it to photograph the whole deal. :D

I'm thinking of building and adding an adjustable shelf above the Tumbler's shelf, not sure yet what I should put on it; it's the only 1:6 car I currently own.

Also going to get plexiglass to cover the front to avoid the dust monster, as well as internal lighting.

It's nice to finally have my displays all coming together, has certainly taken long enough to be able to buy all the necessary furniture.

but don't I see the 1:6 scale RC Tumbler ? :D

But that's great find! Would have never thought to look in the kitchen department to look for that. Just too bad the white is going to be hard to overcome

Took some pics pics of another fig so I decided to take one of my current 1:6 Batman display as well, hope you enjoy it:

Batmancollection_3.png

Is there a secret that I dunno of? Cause I see so many ppl displaying their beloved collectibles without a case on open shelves or just desk. Wouldn't these all get dusty and messed up over time? You guys spray something on to prevent it? I made my cases and I see dust on it within a day.. maybe Toronto is just too dirty or my filters.... ohhhh I have not cleaned them for a while... but still :D

Geil,

I think the height of the shelves is very important when it comes to dust.

I think that dust, when it comes off of things (and people) can travel horizontally, and downwards, but not so much upwards. So if the figures are high enough, it stays out of the way of most dust.

Plus, if the shelves are surrounded to the sides, above, and below, then dust could only come from the front, which reduces the dust accumulation even more. I've got my figures on a shelf about shoulder-height and while there isn't NO dust, there isn't much.

I notice that your display is quite low (below your TV), so I suspect your dust problem would be much bigger.

Geil,

I think the height of the shelves is very important when it comes to dust.

I think that dust, when it comes off of things (and people) can travel horizontally, and downwards, but not so much upwards. So if the figures are high enough, it stays out of the way of most dust.

Plus, if the shelves are surrounded to the sides, above, and below, then dust could only come from the front, which reduces the dust accumulation even more. I've got my figures on a shelf about shoulder-height and while there isn't NO dust, there isn't much.

I notice that your display is quite low (below your TV), so I suspect your dust problem would be much bigger.

Actually that is a good point! You are right. I had my Tumbler out of the box for half a day it was already covered with a thin layer and I was forced to store it back inside the box and really push myself to actually make a case for it. But then again my Ikea Expedite also gathers a lot of dust over time on any of the shelf (maybe not as bad as under the TV) Maybe it's just my area or the city we live in? At least it's a lil easier dusting the cases now but I can't display my toys openly until I get this resolved :p

this is my set

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

not the biggest but its a start. im hopefully going to get DX bats and joker when i can. missed out on OC Bats dam!

Back