Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Show your Hot toys Batman Collection!

Hahaha DX Batman talk spreads everywhere, like a virus. Or a bad rash.

Ok, I really didn't want to do this yet, because my collection is still only about halfway complete and I wanted to hold off on showing it all off until it was more impressive, but...

...this thread has been completely derailed, so I feel the need to do something to bring it back to focus.

This is my collection as it currently stands:

figs008_1024.jpg

Villains on the top, heroes on the bottom.

(I apologize for the lighting and shoddy posing and camera-work - I've been re-arranging my collection space and had to take these pics in a hurry! Also, there are generally props from the movie with these for decoration, but not in these pics)

So on the top we have:

figs010_1024.jpg

-Nurse Joker (toymons kit)
-Takara Catwoman (black suit)
-HT Two-Face
-HT Bank Robber Joker
-Custom Henri Ducard (ninja training suit)

On the bottom we have:

figs009_1024.jpg

-HT Original Costume Batman
-Kitbash Business Suit Bruce Wayne
-Prototype Suit Bruce Wayne (Takara Batman)
-HT Harvey Dent
-HT TDK Suit Batman

I of course have the DX Joker on pre-order from Hong Kong, so soon we'll have a classic Joker as well as a cop Joker.

Also, I'm currently in the process of putting the following customs together, so hopefully they'll be added in the short-to-medium term:

-Grey suit Scarecrow
-Arkham Asylum Scarecrow
-Decoy Ra's al Ghul
-5 Bank Robber clowns
-Brian Douglass "Batman"
-5 other clowns (from various parts of "The Dark Knight")

I'm also considering making an Arkham Asylum Joker (with a cop-joker headsculpt) as well as a pair of Crazy Gotham Honor Guard Cops to stand by the Cop Joker, but we'll see how much my wallet can endure.

In the longer term, after the above are done, I'd like to also add:

-Lt. Jim Gordon
-SWAT Jim Gordon
-Alfred
-Biker Bruce Wayne
-Zsasz
-Firefly (Garfield Lynns)
-Business Suit Ra's al Ghul/Henri Ducard

I'll also be adding the HT DX Batman, but since I've already got a TDK Batman, I'll probably wait for the DCD shipment and save some money.

I'm also thinking of maybe doing Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in the style portrayed in the recent game "Arkham Asylum" - we need more girls on that shelf! But it'll be a while until I get there...

Then there's "Fear Gas Batman" which Dizzy's been doing, which I find intriguing. Maybe I'll work a version of him in there?

I'm all about the realistic take on Batman, but that means I'm having to rely on a lot of custom work. (If any if you have any Batman customs you want to sell, let me know! Or if you want to show them off, I love to see others' work for ideas).

I'll post more pics as the collection grows and the display is cleaned up.

But knock off the BS about DX Batman being slim or bulky - there's a thread for that, please don't bring it here. Seriously, this is my favorite thread - let's keep it on topic, ok?

Oh I totally forgot to update to this thread :)
livingtdk.jpg

I just picked up a roll of shingles, just waiting for DX01 and I will make a new case to setup the "HIT ME" scene :D Oh Jokers gun in that scene is not part of the package, was it included in another kit?

Last edited:

Yea, a black outfit (that rocks) and a purple outfit (that looks silly).

are there different Catwoman figures?

The Takara Catwoman comes in black and purple outfits. Purple is exclusively from the comics - though the black outfit is also from the comics, it's more realistic and "movie-like" to me, perhaps because of the "Batman Returns" catwoman outfit - and the fact that purple just looks ridiculous in actuality.

There's also a purple DC 13" Catwoman among others, but I don't like them - besides their purple outfits, I think their boobs push realism a bit too far and into "anime" territory.

Geil;2014964 Oh Jokers gun in that scene is not part of the package said:
The machine gun is part of the BR Joker kit.

(Incidentally, I just acquired an extra if you'd like to purchase it. PM me if interested)

The Takara Catwoman comes in black and purple outfits. Purple is exclusively from the comics - though the black outfit is also from the comics, it's more realistic and "movie-like" to me, perhaps because of the "Batman Returns" catwoman outfit - and the fact that purple just looks ridiculous in actuality.

There's also a purple DC 13" Catwoman among others, but I don't like them - besides their purple outfits, I think their boobs push realism a bit too far and into "anime" territory.

The machine gun is part of the BR Joker kit.

(Incidentally, I just acquired an extra if you'd like to purchase it. PM me if interested)

But the gun at the bank robbery was not the same as the "Hit Me" scene facing off Batman on the Batpod?

But the gun at the bank robbery was not the same as the "Hit Me" scene facing off Batman on the Batpod?

The Bank Robber Joker comes with two guns.

The first is a Glock 17 - this is the handgun that fires in automatic mode, and is used by the Joker during the opening bank robbery, among other scenes.

The figure also comes with an M76 sub-machine gun. This is the black machine gun that the Joker shoots off at the Bat-pod when he screams "Hit me!"

While not featured in the opening bank robbery, I think Hot Toys included it with the Bank Robber figure because it realized many collectors wanted the M76 to display with their normal outfit Joker, which did not include the M76. So the M76 with the Bank Robber Joker was a bit of a gift for collectors. I don't know why it wasn't later included with the DX Joker (maybe as an incentive for people to purchase the Bank Robber Joker, too?).

I have both available (though I suspect you're only interested in the M76), so let me know.

According to this photo-analysis thing by Maulfan, it looks substantially less bulky. The chest and shoulders are far smaller, the waist is somewhat smaller. Altogether better proportioned. I expect the improvement on Batman to be as substantial as that on the Joker.

TDK6.jpg

SnakeDoc

I think this pic is kind of BS!..the pic on the left was taken farther away then the pic on the right, making the figure on the right seem a bit larger all over..also shadows are hiding some parts of the figure on the left..i am sure though the new V2 TDK batman will be on a narrow shoulder TT but, the torso remains the same right?.The pic i posted earlier looked like a V1 TDK with the DX head on it..guess we will never know what this thing will truly look like after its release.

I think this pic is kind of BS!..the pic on the left was taken farther away then the pic on the right, making the figure on the right seem a bit larger all over..also shadows are hiding some parts of the figure on the left..i am sure though the new V2 TDK batman will be on a narrow shoulder TT but, the torso remains the same right?.The pic i posted earlier looked like a V1 TDK with the DX head on it..guess we will never know what this thing will truly look like after its release.

I didn't take the picture ... but it appears to be the correct distance assuming the head is roughly the same size. The distance/ size of the photo seems to be based on the size of the head ... thus, in proportion to the head, the figure is less bulky.

SnakeDoc

Can't we contain the arguments about the DX TDK Batman to the thread about the DX TDK Batman and let this thread be about Hot Toys Batman figures that people already have in their collection and want to show off?

I'm all for spirited discussion, but sheesh....

Back on track: my Tumblr should arrive later today; I'll get photos of my display as soon as I have it integrated. :rock

well, i never posted pics before on this site cuz i didnt have a normal dig cam. however, i found a way to use my comcorder and use the chip, so even though the pics arent that great, they are better then nothing. anyways, here are a couple pics i took of my hot toys joker, i love this figure.

I can't speak to that -- this will be my first purple-suit version. I passed on the V1 because I couldn't justify spending $150 on a ridiculous headsculpt just to get the costume.

SnakeDoc

i just dont get why everyone talks smack about the first v1 headsculpt. ITS NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS YOU PPL SAY! i happen to prefer it, like i said it may not look exactly like ledger but it gets very close and hes got the best joker expression out of all the others. hes actually grinning and looks jokerish, the other ones may have slightly better sculpt but they are so serious! pardon me for asking this, but i gotta ask hot toys about there recent joker sculpts, why so serious?

well, i never posted pics before on this site cuz i didnt have a normal dig cam. however, i found a way to use my comcorder and use the chip, so even though the pics arent that great, they are better then nothing. anyways, here are a couple pics i took of my hot toys joker, i love this figure.

That's a badass pose!!! :rock2

haha thank you. yeah i almost never see pics on here of him with his nifty machine gun. is there a thread specifically for "poses" or does it not matter? i love posing and making scenes with these figures, i never realized how great 12 inch figures were until i got the hot toys joker.

Here's What I got so far, still waiting on a few more.....
DSC01534.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

Back