Show your Alien love! Post your pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:
Spoke to the guys at BBTS this afternoon.
After they saw all of my pictures, the definitely agreed that it was a quality control problem from SS which sadly, they can't do a thing about for they're forbidden from opening the busts for inspection prior to shipping to customers.
Which sucks because in the process, IMHO it also makes them lose a ton of money. One has to be fair and give them credit for trying and as every business, they also lose money for a mess up that could simply be averted if they were allowed to check these units prior to honoring purchases, specially since shipping is so expensive and they lose a lot on that and it applies when something goes awry with every product they distribute.

So, I'll be getting a shipping label tomorrow at no cost to me, and I will send it back.
After talking to my husband about it and further thinking, if I waited this long to get the LSB, he thinks I should take a gamble and order a replacement.
My odds on getting one considerably worse aren't as high since well, I don't think I can get worst than it just did.
So, that's the plan thus far. They won't give a discount or credit for any hassles either, which is fine by me. I'm prepared to pay the price for a bust that isn't flawless but at least isn't jacked up as this one is.

I know I should ask for better but for everything I've been reading today, I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore, but also to be honest, It's very easy to make this woman happy. Not because I'm a conformist, but because I'm simply humbled by the little details and the love gestures and efforts my husband makes for me, specially after having the life I've had the last 4 years since diagnosed and through it all; so it can't be all that bad.

Yes. I'm still hoping something positive comes out of this. If not? Then, I'll keep the next one and start saving now in case there's an improved model coming out any time soon. Just please don't be hard on me you guys. I've been collecting other figures and smaller scales so this one is my very first considerably big one and as I am new here, I'm also not as informed as many of you are, and that's why I'm here to be guided by the best and hopefully from here I can acquire some experience as well. I still wanted to thank you all for taking the time to look at my bust and helping me out with more info.

I can only hope now for the best with the next one so please wish me luck because I have the feeling I'm going to need it this second time around, and also sorry for being so annoying if my posts come across as such. You all have no idea how much I appreciate that so many have offered to get it fixed for me as well. :) You all are AMAZING!!! So. THANK YOU!

Update:
Spoke to the guys at BBTS this afternoon.
After they saw all of my pictures, the definitely agreed that it was a quality control problem from SS which sadly, they can't do a thing about for they're forbidden from opening the busts for inspection prior to shipping to customers.
Which sucks because in the process, IMHO it also makes them lose a ton of money. One has to be fair and give them credit for trying and as every business, they also lose money for a mess up that could simply be averted if they were allowed to check these units prior to honoring purchases, specially since shipping is so expensive and they lose a lot on that and it applies when something goes awry with every product they distribute.

So, I'll be getting a shipping label tomorrow at no cost to me, and I will send it back.
After talking to my husband about it and further thinking, if I waited this long to get the LSB, he thinks I should take a gamble and order a replacement.
My odds on getting one considerably worse aren't as high since well, I don't think I can get worst than it just did.
So, that's the plan thus far. They won't give a discount or credit for any hassles either, which is fine by me. I'm prepared to pay the price for a bust that isn't flawless but at least isn't jacked up as this one is.

I know I should ask for better but for everything I've been reading today, I'm not even getting my hopes up anymore, but also to be honest, It's very easy to make this woman happy. Not because I'm a conformist, but because I'm simply humbled by the little details and the love gestures and efforts my husband makes for me, specially after having the life I've had the last 4 years since diagnosed and through it all; so it can't be all that bad.

Yes. I'm still hoping something positive comes out of this. If not? Then, I'll keep the next one and start saving now in case there's an improved model coming out any time soon. Just please don't be hard on me you guys. I've been collecting other figures and smaller scales so this one is my very first considerably big one and as I am new here, I'm also not as informed as many of you are, and that's why I'm here to be guided by the best and hopefully from here I can acquire some experience as well. I still wanted to thank you all for taking the time to look at my bust and helping me out with more info.

I can only hope now for the best with the next one so please wish me luck because I have the feeling I'm going to need it this second time around, and also sorry for being so annoying if my posts come across as such. You all have no idea how much I appreciate that so many have offered to get it fixed for me as well. :) You all are AMAZING!!! So. THANK YOU!

You can hope for better than that. But you're going to have two guaranteed problems, so make sure you are ok with that. First being the tendons around the mouth. They all have a little seperation and look super plasticy. Second the teeth are really painted **** and aren't exactly smooth. So make sure you can live with those problems because even if you get the best, you will still have that.

If it has problems, send it to me and I'll touch it up free of charge.

Thanks man! I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I got an email from them. And I guess they're not very happy that I posted here on the forum or that my husband posted on their Facebook page about it, which has me confused to begin with because they said these things are handled confidentially which I completely understand.
But I wasn't aware that I wasn't allowed to feel frustrated about this or say something publicly when I'm getting a product that is practically busted, specially given that they have this policy that prevents them from doing any quality control before shipping. I'm pretty sure they'll be upset for me posting this as well. I honestly expected better from them.
I was going to get a replacement. They have not bothered to send me the return label yet which at this point I'm upset about so I don't know what the hell is going on at this point.
So frustrating. I guess they don't want customers to know that these LSBs are this bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a BC LSB thread that is full of crappy products, it's no secret.

Why can't they check them before shipping? It's in their best interest to make sure their customers are happy with the product they receive and would save a lot of hassle and expense with return postage etc.
My local AD checks every item he sends out.

There's a BC LSB thread that is full of crappy products, it's no secret.

Why can't they check them before shipping? It's in their best interest to make sure their customers are happy with the product they receive and would save a lot of hassle and expense with return postage etc.
My local AD checks every item he sends out.

That's exactly what I said. At this point I'm feeling so impulsive I'll just send that one back for a full refund and try to figure out where to get one pre-owned even but in better shape. [emoji20][emoji25]

You can't really blame BBTS for this. I understand why they can't open items first. Even if they did, they would be making a judgement call and some a-nal-retentive customer could still complain about something they thought was fine. BBTS should be complaining to Sideshow but I don't know what their return rate is.

You can't really blame BBTS for this. I understand why they can't open items first. Even if they did, they would be making a judgement call and some a-nal-retentive customer could still complain about something they thought was fine. BBTS should be complaining to Sideshow but I don't know what their return rate is.

It's funny you say that. Apparently I didn't stress this enough on my long @$$ post.
Trust me I'm being the most understanding and I'm seeing through both ends. As a customer and as a business person.
Quality Control is something that could've prevented this for me and for them before-hand, but as they stated, they are forbidden to open packages for inspection ever.
The rep emailed me this morning saying they only have one other bust available for replacement and for the reviews and feedback she's researched se said, I assume it must've been a returnee as well because she sounded specific when she said they wouldn't be delivering something I a expected better than the last when it doesn't look like it is.

IMHO to stop these things they should simply pull them out of the site and send them back to Sideshow and let them deal with their own mess.
Because if now is me with the other one remaining or more like 2 being in stock the same will happen to someone else should anyone decides on buying them.
I can live with some of the gashes this one has but those broken pieces man. The tendons, the chin, the Union of the dome upfront and the back. If there was a way to fix this in the most affordable way I would but it's going to cost me more just to simply get what I should've gotten when I paid for it to begin with.[emoji20][emoji22][emoji53]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444829556.637941.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444829579.902944.jpg
Even the tendon under, if you see close, it's also broken or separated. The yellow outside tenon ins the mouth doe not go up as high but those inner tendons on both side, the black ones; broken.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444829612.541020.jpg
Then, we have the face. The union of the skull has a ball in the center, the side has a chip in to it like by the left eye that is very noticeable.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444829827.482794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444829903.709731.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444829712.237320.jpg
And then the dome in the back and note I'm not adding all the photos for there's so much here to put in to account and they say that if I keep it they're giving me the greatest discount of $40. When it's going to cost me probably over $100 to fix.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444830031.324619.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444830053.161322.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444830075.698473.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444830100.353802.jpg
Trust me I'm as condescending as I am a mom of two very loud, curious and obnoxious boys.
I'm not ripping anyones head off for I said from the beginning much of what everyone said about CS being good.
But the underlying problem here is that if there were some better quality control from both vendor and third party seller/distributor; neither me, nor them, would be in this precarious and embarrassing situation.

I have three very loud, curious and obnoxious boys. :) That thing is so bad on so many levels, I would ask for a refund. What are the odds that the other one is any better? I wish there was a good alternative to turn to. Heck, I'd love a bust that size but I ended up getting the ALIENS warrior one. Even it has issues but not like this one.

Believe it or not, that isn't a bad one relative to what some of us got. Just goes to show how bad the production really was on these, even the rep was SSC embarrassed and said he'd seen it far too often with this one.

I would suggest getting a full refund and not try to order this LSB ever again.

Just either hunt down an older/better quality Alien piece or wait it out and see if SS gets a handle on their QC on future releases. I personally would put my money on the former. The time I hunted down all the SS 1/4 Alien maquettes comes to mind. That was very frustrating at times but, at least the QC and paint apps was great on those pieces. With all the headaches you'll get from this experience, the piece in question should be worth it and this particular piece isn't IMO.

Well good luck with whatever you choose to do Mona.

I have three very loud, curious and obnoxious boys. :) That thing is so bad on so many levels, I would ask for a refund. What are the odds that the other one is any better? I wish there was a good alternative to turn to. Heck, I'd love a bust that size but I ended up getting the ALIENS warrior one. Even it has issues but not like this one.

For what she said in the email, it looks like there is feedback on that bust left and it isn't any better than my last one.[emoji20]
They're not allowed to inspection the sealed units, however they must've gotten this feedback from either opening the bust which I highly doubt hence she was adamant to the fact that is policy to them not to open any sealed packages, so my closest guess is that they must've gotten a return for her to know the specifics and feedback on that very bust, making it sound like she wouldn't even send it out because will not be happier with it at all saying she didn't have high hopes for the LSB remaining for what she's heard from the team thus far.

I guess someone is advertising on FB that sideshow will have a new BC LSB 2015 model for Christmas? How true is this? Anyone that works at sideshow could please give us a hint?
Help? Thanks

I would be very surprised if sideshow re-released the Big Chap Bust. Going through the BC thread it looks like more where returned than kept.

I guess someone is advertising on FB that sideshow will have a new BC LSB 2015 model for Christmas? How true is this? Anyone that works at sideshow could please give us a hint? Mainly because there's a seller claiming to have 3 on hand but they're the same stock photos of the one on SS site.
Help? Thanks

They claim to have three in hand? It's BS! I highly doubt SSC will do another anytime soon. And if they did, it would be 12 months minimum before anybody had them in hand.

Trying to buy a 1/4 hot toys bust that was selling for $75.00 at sideshow about 5 years ago? I sold mine so I could get all the money for the BC LSB and now I'm regretting that move. :( Sad Sad Jmona. :'(

Back