Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! No it just Kotobukita clones.
663996551aa1.jpg

found an AT-AT Driver on eBay. this is for anyone to answer is the Medicom Tie Fighter pilot any good?

I'm searching for a bodysuit to finish my MediShow trooper custom, any idea where to find it?

Got my first Koto piece today, 1/7 Phase 1 Clone, love, love, love it. I think I've found a new line for me. The Koto pieces just feel so solid compared to the SS 1/6 line. You can't pose em but on the flip side it's optimised in a top pose that wouldn't be possible otherwise, so pretty cool, I'd recommend them to ppl, they almost have a polystone like quality to them IMO, and best of all, not pricey!:p

Statue != Action figure. Next we'll see someone suggest a large poster or photograph - it takes up even less room and the same detail is all there… ;) Personally, I have no interest in statues.

Got my first Koto piece today, 1/7 Phase 1 Clone, love, love, love it. I think I've found a new line for me. The Koto pieces just feel so solid compared to the SS 1/6 line[/I]. You can't pose em but on the flip side it's optimised in a top pose that wouldn't be possible otherwise, so pretty cool, I'd recommend them to ppl, they almost have a polystone like quality to them IMO, and best of all, not pricey!:p

Not if you live in a warm climate those babies have a tendency to get a lean

Got my first Koto piece today, 1/7 Phase 1 Clone, love, love, love it. I think I've found a new line for me. The Koto pieces just feel so solid compared to the SS 1/6 line. You can't pose em but on the flip side it's optimised in a top pose that wouldn't be possible otherwise, so pretty cool, I'd recommend them to ppl, they almost have a polystone like quality to them IMO, and best of all, not pricey!:p

Congrats. I own all the Kotobukiya Imperials and they are great. Some are fantastic. Indeed, by being made of PVC some might have the tendency to lean: ESB Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett. I like my Koto trio of Sandtroopers more than the equivalent Sideshow figures, one day I'll weather the Koto Sandies properly.

Congrats. I own all the Kotobukiya Imperials and they are great. Some are fantastic. Indeed, by being made of PVC some might have the tendency to lean: ESB Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett. I like my Koto trio of Sandtroopers more than the equivalent Sideshow figures, one day I'll weather the Koto Sandies properly.

I forgot about those sandies, nice indeed,I've got the shocktrooper and one of the Vaders, they are very nice, though I get bored somewhat with statues after awhile even though I rarely change poses. The Vader tended to lean backwards on warm days

Eek, well I'm in the UK so not worried about heat in general:p but I'm an Aussie originally so hate to think my babies will melt if I go back:p

Not all Kotos will lean. And many of them are quite accurate too, plus excellent price on some if you are patient. The Sandtrooper trio, Snowtrooper, McQuarrie Vader vs Luke and Scout are my favorites. I also like their C-3Po and R2-D2 Droids. Kotos bring variety in my collection where I have all kinds of collectibles, from figures and mini-busts to statues, from props to helmets and 1:1 stuff etc.

Status on my troop.
Second Marmit sandtrooper finished.

I went with another style of weathering and made him a bit bigger.

I think the helmet on the right sandie sits a bit too high.

P1080201_zpscab23737.jpg

P1080202_zps491532f1.jpg

P1080203_zpse7425a8b.jpg

Scout trooper done and bike in the work.

P1080085_zpsa92892da.jpg

P1080086_zps1ef88b1e.jpg

P1080209_zpsce3a3dc4.jpg

That Scout looks GREAT! :clap What did you use for helmet and shoulder armor?

Thanks brother. The shoulder bells are from the ss stormtrooper. I just modified them.
THe helmet is from Tomy. It's a recast. I assembled it and painted it. The face part can be open to reveal the face.

Back