Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious as to why this post of this figure was moved to this thread yet my post for the red clone wasn't?.... as I said just curious.

At this point Ill take any Stormy or Sandie. :lol

How are the Medicine Stormtroopers? Short with bodies that break if you look at it wrong? :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious as to why this post of this figure was moved to this thread yet my post for the red clone wasn't?.... as I said just curious.

I merged it for you. It's now in this thread at post 2204.

We try to keep the new thread counts to a minimum to keep the newest pieces towards the top. I figured this thread was a great place for you to display pictures of your new acquisitions.

I actually own a red Medicom clone myself and love him. He may not be as poseable as a SSC clone but they look great.

my newest custom clone..
DSC02507_zps2239c541.jpg

more here
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110066&page=45

Last edited:
[...] How are the Medicine Stormtroopers? Short with bodies that break if you look at it wrong? :lol

Got two, really happy with 'em.

The first one (foot labeled 2005) began to crumble out of the box. Switched it to a Medicom Naked 2 (MEDRAH 523) and no problems. That body is slightly longer in the torso; I got the slim version so I had to pad the thighs a bit and removed the ankle extenders it came with. They're listed as 29.5 cm but I think that's at full extension, since it's not that much taller than the original the way I set it up.

The second one (Foot labeled 2006) I'm careful with and don't pose much, but the body has held up and worst case, I'll switch it too. This one's helmet is almost imperceptibly (but I'm a detail freak) wider.

Regarding the helmets; out of the box they come very elongated. Using boiling water I reshaped them easily, but I find the material has a good memory and will return to close to its original shape over time...that being said I was able to shorten the helmets so they look decent, but they won't hold any extreme re-shaping.

I've spent more time learning about stormie armour than I want to admit; they're actually decent albeit not perfect representations of ROTJ stormtroopers; the teeth are ANH style, the holsters are on the wrong side, but other than that not bad, all things considered; but missing things like trim etc.

It's like ESB (no trim), ROTJ (helmet) and ANH (frown) rolled into one.

I've seen the brow strap modification originally done on a Chinese collector's site ages ago, but hesitate to that because I think it'll make the eyes look too small, given that they're on the small side anyway.

I've thought about going ahead and painting the frown black like ROTJ/ESB, but haven't as of yet.

Scale doesn't bother me because I don't have any other 1:6 brands ... I find the articulation is beautiful; both bodies hang very naturally. It takes practice but my pair look like actors in suits, I'll post photographs when I have some time to snap them.

I kept away from the SSC stormtrooper because to me, the helmet looks too far off, the "floppy" bodies out-of-box I heard about kept me away from high aftermarket prices, and the leg armour and codpiece throw off proportions.

Marmits probably look even better in-hand, but between high prices, yellowing armour and a few other issues, I decided against them. Amazing pieces for their time, though. I do like their Sandtroopers even better than their normal stormies...I haven't seen their equal.

The Medicoms were a bit of a gamble for me, but what stunned me was how good these things look in-hand. I know there's a lot of Medicom hate out there, but until the definitive 1:6 ANH stormtrooper gets made, these were the pieces for me. They just have the right "feel".

LOL...sorry about the long post. I'm fully nerdcore about my troopers. :cuckoo:

Back