should indiana jones die in the next film???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't turn this into an arguement you jackass...there was no need for commenting like that...was only expressing my opinions ! In cases like this you ignore people like you who just randomly come in and make fun of other people then type out their own comments...please in future think before you post !!!

Its people like you who put other people off commenting in the first place...

There we go again with the broad generalizations, followed with pointless name-calling.
Firstly, I'd suggest that you take your own advice, and think before you respond.

to be fair, perhaps I misread your intent in what came across as a snarky post, wherein you claim that I must be looking for a way to destroy a legend because i hate it.

Secondly, i'd suggest you calm down a little. Massive flame posts like that are probably going to eventually get you banned.

I think that anyone who DOESNT like KOTCS should douse themselves in gasoline, and jump through a ring of fire, into a vat of lemon juice with a broken glass bottom. So they die. All die. All KOTCS haters must die.

The over the top hatrid was too one sided in this thread. :lol

Yeah, just a touch. I had no idea some people get THAT defensive over a movie.

No Indy shouldn't die in a film, unless its some fantasy religious thing where he comes back to life and all is well. These are adventure films not serious dramas.

Same goes for Star Wars - Harrison wanted Han Solo to die in ROTJ and I just think that would have been completely wrong - and stupid. Carbon freeze him in ESB, get him rescued only to then kill him? Woulda been ridiculous. Thats one area I'm glad George did it his way.

I get it. Unlike PT fans, I do know KOTCS has problems. I understand the hate. I still like it, but It's not that good.

Valid point. I'll not argue that KOTCS was a good film. it wasn't.
But i still liked it as well. Nothing wrong with Liking a bad movie.

Valid point. I'll not argue that KOTCS was a good film. it wasn't.
But i still liked it as well. Nothing wrong with Liking a bad movie.

Just seeing harrison in the fedora again gave me chills! yeah it wasnt the greatest movie but my love for the character made it kinda easy to overlook that! the opening scene in the warehouse?? tell me that wasnt one of the most iconic indy scenes?? youre either a true fan or not. and if u are, then the movie was probably the least favorite of the 4. and thats ok! i still liked it! as far as killing him off. i really doubt spielberg and lucas would! harrison wanted han to die in empire remember? but lucas wouldnt have it! maybe a passing of the torch! i mean they kinda hinted at it at the end of KOTCS. thats what i took it as! but SHIA?? why SHIA?? :monkey4

Just seeing harrison in the fedora again gave me chills! yeah it wasnt the greatest movie but my love for the character made it kinda easy to overlook that! the opening scene in the warehouse?? tell me that wasnt one of the most iconic indy scenes?? youre either a true fan or not. and if u are, then the movie was probably the least favorite of the 4. and thats ok! i still liked it! as far as killing him off. i really doubt spielberg and lucas would! harrison wanted han to die in empire remember? but lucas wouldnt have it! maybe a passing of the torch! i mean they kinda hinted at it at the end of KOTCS. thats what i took it as! but SHIA?? why SHIA?? :monkey4

Uh yea, I don't think of the Opening Scene of Raiders, the Well of Souls Scene, and then the Warehouse from CS. Thats like comparing The Big Lebowski and Ace Ventura 3 : Ace Ventura Jr. as the best comedies.

The Warehouse from Raiders is iconic, the warehouse from CS is gay, from the piss poor dialogue, incredibly slow and off pacing, introduction of aliens, Harrison's CGI legs and whip, and fake looking stunts. Set the tone for the death of the franchise. Easily one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever heard.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/R0w_l7NSmVs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/R0w_l7NSmVs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Nothing is CS came remotely, within 50 million miles close to the iconic imagery of the rest of the trilogy.

Iconic Raiders Imagery ;

Paramount Mountain

Indy stepping out of shadows for the first time after whipping the gun from Barranca's hand

Indy thinking about grabbing the idol (reenacted everyday at a major theme park)

The Boulder

Indy running over the hills from the natives

Indy flying off into the sunset

Shooting the Cairo Swordsman

The Well of Souls Discovery

The Flying Wing German Mechanic Fight (still parodied by popular culture shows like family guy)

The Desert Chase (same as above)

The Nazis melting

"Top Men"

The Idol, Ark and Headpiece, 3 of the most famous props ever with actual religous importance to alot of people

---------------------------------------------

CS Iconic Imagery? ;

A mound of dirt

CGI Gophers?

Indy being pulled out of a trunk to put on his hat (this is the only real one in the movie I will give you)

Indy standing in front of a nuclear explosion?

CGI Monkeys?

The Ants and the Rubber Tree?

The Alien spaceship?

The Crystal Skull? A Liquor container for Dan Aykroyd while he sounds like a nutjob.

Last edited:
Oh no doubt. :lol

If you like it thats your problem, but don't say its iconic, thats just laughable.

NO WAY. And CS must be considered as an alternate version of a guy that looks like Indy, even has the same name, but it is not him!!!

Indy is shown as an old man in the young Indy Chronicles. I know some folks disregard that series, but I love the idea that he becomes an old babble smith. And somehow loses his eye along the way.

Uh yea, I don't think of the Opening Scene of Raiders, the Well of Souls Scene, and then the Warehouse from CS. Thats like comparing The Big Lebowski and Ace Ventura 3 : Ace Ventura Jr. as the best comedies.

The Warehouse from Raiders is iconic, the warehouse from CS is gay, from the piss poor dialogue, incredibly slow and off pacing, introduction of aliens, Harrison's CGI legs and whip, and fake looking stunts. Set the tone for the death of the franchise. Easily one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever heard.

Nothing is CS came remotely, within 50 million miles close to the iconic imagery of the rest of the trilogy.

What i met was that it was iconic seeing a piece of the original trilogy in the new film. i thought it was pretty cool when they showed us the ark sitting there! dude have a little fun! i can say the same about any of the original movies. theres a little "FANTASY" in ALL of them! ill agree it was a little over the top with the CGI! but thats hollywood now man!

make another one but bring Sean Connerys old a__ back this time they had good chemistry

Last edited:
Yeah let Jones die, How about Harry playing a 99yr old telling the secret story of his 'greatest' yet untold adventure to his kids/grandkids. Maybe its something he never resolved fully, sort of a legacy to pass on to them. Maybe something like why he turned down a chance to 'live forever' after finding the fountain of youth?

But please Spielberg and Lucas less CGI & NO swinging through the trees with Monkeys!!

Harry, short for Harrison. Thought everyone knew that. It's what he's known by, no one calls Him Harrison. It's either Mr Ford, or Harry.

Back