Should I quit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to start on Star Wars because there will ALWAYS be new better Star Wars figures coming. The Star Wars figure market is just too big, it will never stop and will only be upgrading over time

Stopping or slowing down purchases doesn't mean you need to go off and totally sell somethings you already own and are happy with. Take the excellent ANH Obi-Wan. If you sold him just because you didn't like Praji or something that would just be a bit over the top to me.

I've cut back darn near 75% of my new purchases due to the price increases, but whats that got to do with the figures I already own?

Stopping or slowing down purchases doesn't mean you need to go off and totally sell somethings you already own and are happy with. Take the excellent ANH Obi-Wan. If you sold him just because you didn't like Praji or something that would just be a bit over the top to me.

I've cut back darn near 75% of my new purchases due to the price increases, but whats that got to do with the figures I already own?

I tend to agree. No need to really sell ^^^^ that's already good cause you don't like others. In my case i jut wanted to be rid of it all cause i'm OCD like that.

I was OCD completist too, and sure there is a part of me that almost says "if you can;t have them all, why bother..." but I still like toys so I'm learning to deal with that.

I'm not a completist. I just wanted to be rid of the SW line. I still have 3 LOTR figs, and i have no intention of getting the others to go with it so go figure.

The Endor troopers stopped my completist mentality and its been pretty easy since then to resist, although I have certainly picked up several figures after the initial release. I realized that I didn't have nearly enough display space for a full line, so I decided to stick with Jedi and Sith. (Please ignore the Jabba and throne I couldn't resist).
For me, I need an irrational focus in my life and these toys provide that distraction for me. I have however quit many things over the years and later regretted it, so I would recommend putting them in storage and waiting to see if you get the urge again.

Ive cancelled alot of my SSC SW pre-orders,

Armours not keeping me with SSC

despite the price Medi armour blows SSC out the water.

Im hoping Medi do a Scout and Snowtrooper soon

Ill stick with SSC for Jabba stuff but only if its decent, and by decent I mean if I can get a decent hasblo sculpt, parted out SSC jedi gear and a professional paint job for the same or a little more than SSC's offering Ill go that route instead

SSC isnt hitting the preverbial 1/6th Gspot currently

So Im sticking to HT, my own meager customs and the odd SSC SW hit and Medi for Armour

I used to collect EVERTHING Hasbro, then Sideshow - and am currently selective with my purchases. I still get excited with SS stuff - not as often as I'd like, but with them and Hot Toys, I am a pretty satisfied collector

That said, the SS Star Wars line is NOT diverse at all. Where are the droids? Aliens? Background characters?

I do not collect everything, and being selective helps me keep the 'energy' alive!

IMO....Sell them off as you need money to buy the PF you want. Eventually you might have a few most loved figures left.
That's basically what I did. Only, I went strait from toys to PFs/1/4 pieces. Skipped the 12".

I forgot I started this thread. In the end I sold all my SW 1/6's. Only thing I kept was Jabba and plan on getting Han in Carbonite.

Don't regret it at all. Now it's freed me up to concentrate on the PF line.

Hey Simfeliz, I just realised you are down in Canberra! I'm just about to sell some of my Star Wars PF statues. You interested?

You're saying you want to save room? Getting into the PF line certainly won't help that much!

Yeh tell me about it. Just reached my 13th.

Hey Simfeliz, I just realised you are down in Canberra! I'm just about to sell some of my Star Wars PF statues. You interested?

Sure. Are you posting the the FS section? If not can you PM me with what and prices.

I've certainly slowed down due to money and a bunch of secondary (or even tertiary) characters I don't need. However, I wouldn't dream of selling off what I have already. I love my figures. I'll never understand someone selling off the figures they have because they don't have "them all." I used to collect Marvel Legends before I got into 1/6th stuff. I havn't bought a new one in over a year because of the horrible drop in quality (and the line is now dead, as well). But I still wouldn't sell off the ones I have. I love them too much.

Yeah, I still have a whole bunch of those, too. I used to be a horrible completist with those. Now I get maybe one or two a year. Mostly just the EU characters that I like that I never truly thought would get figures.

Maybe keep your ABSOLUTE favorites...but ditch the rest...but if you don't have the heart for it anymore...it's best to move on.

This is great advice. Also, talk about it with someone who knows you very well. I wanted to downsize my collection, and started getting rid of things I liked, but didn't love. Then I was thinking of selling off some of my more prized possessions as I was starting to question whether or not I really needed them anymore and I really wanted the money. I talked about it with a close friend who isn't into collecting at all, and she almost scolded me for even thinking of getting rid of them for cash. Little reminders of why we're into this can be a real boost when it comes to avoiding the dreaded 'burnout'.

Having had my interest in Batman related stuff refuelled of late I am starting to wonder if I should ditch the SS Star Wars collecting and put the funds in to things I really like when I see them. I am not that impressed with some of the SS stuff I own and not that impressed either with some of the stuff that is going to be released. Sideshow have not really delivered with this line. I know many will disagree but I am talking purely subjectively here.

It is a tough decision to make. I cannot afford to buy everything I want so something has to go. I have been looking at the Medicom DK Batman and whilst it is not something I can afford right now it would be if I ditched some of this SW stuff I am not happy with.

Back