Should I quit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like your making the progression.

I think that’s what it is. After getting rid of my Hasbro collection this was almost 10 years ago now. I stopped collecting for a few years. I started up again when SSC released the Friday the 13th Figures. I used to buy a lot of figures from NECA back then. After SSC released SW that was when I got hooked big time in the 1:6 Scale figure. I wasn't until a little under two years ago that I got my First PF which was Jason. Now I'm hooked up to 6 PF's now and 5 on preorder. Not all SW though.

On the other hand it’s not like I will quit 1:6 altogether. I still have all the Buffy and Angel, X-files, Friday the 13th and a few others. A lot from Hot toys (Mainly Batman & Pred & Alien) and some stuff from Medicom that I wouldn’t part with.

But it's not like he's been announced. And also realistically, the Fetts are show announcements, same with Chewie and the droids. So they will either come in Feb or July.

My passion for this line & Sideshow in general has dwindled, i think it's been due to the pretty poor "back ground" characters that get released far to often in my opinion.
Just ask yourself the question - would you have missed these if they'd never been released when fans have been crying out for some more mainstream characters for ages ?.
The price hike/release schedule has also hit me, i pre-orderd Smuggler Han,Luke & the H/T Cannibal Jack because their releases were quite well spaced out originally, but in the end they all got charged within a couple of weeks of each other & it almost wiped me out (boy was my Wife Pi**ed with me !).
At the moment it seems that we wait ages for 1 good figure to come out & then Sideshow release 2 or 3 at the same time & i for one can't afford them all + the fact that living in the UK i just get totally fed up waiting for the bloody things to come out over here.:(

I'm so disenchanted that in the end i couldn't even be bothered to pre-order Vader or the Stormie ( 2 damn nice looking figure too!) & have cancelled my C/W Obi wan & my S/S Indiana jones - I'll try & pick them up at sometime in the future if i see them in a shop window at a decent price.:monkey2

Whilst I hate the thought of someone suffering from a bout of collecting indecision (Horrible affliction!) I am sort of glad to read your post. I am having the same feelings about Sideshow 1/6th stuff. With the current economic climate here in the UK I am starting question what I spend and if I do spend on stuff I want it to be really worth it. Sideshow are not giving me that buzz at the moment. Personally I like background characters but I want some more aliens from the OT not human background characters. I am also not that impressed by the quality or some of the likenesses. I am having real negative feelings about this line. The thought of the Rebel Fleet Trooper, Cpt. Antilles and ANH Vader and a Stormtrooper on my shelves is what I am focussing on to keep me in it but I have this feeling that something will occur that will let me down. (A breakage etc)

Personally I'd say have a couple of days not thinking about it and then decide if you can. I also sold a lot of stuff lately to play financial catch up and it is amazing what you can live without. I was pretty glad to be rid of some of the stuff I had gotten over the years.

Good luck with it!

I quit collecting - wisest decision I've made yet. And that was before the all the economic ^^^^^ the US is going through now, and will be going through for some time to come it seems.

No. Definitely not! YOu should buy more in fact. Really you can start with mine that I am selling in the FS forum. :lecture :devil

I'm also thinking on selling all of my 12". As stated a few PFs are looking waaaay better than 100 12" figures. and the 12" are taking precious room (which is also a reason) which could be occupied with other, more noble, collectibles

I sold all of mine. Some of the choices they are making character wise is just horrible. The 1:1 and PF line is good though.

I also have become more selective in just the PF and other higer end items, to me the 12in line seems kinda cheesy. Yes some 12 in lines are really cool but there a 12 in doll still. I like having a larger more collectable piece to display than 20+ or more 12 in in cases that looks like a toy store display with the more you get.

Then you need to do what your heart tells you ( or your wife ) and you will know what is the right thing to do.

at this point you're never going to get excited about them again so sell em

ummmmmm I just have.

I love the Utapau trooper. I think I will keep them after all :lol

Like a few others have said I will just be a bit more selective. Unfortunately I would be happy with most characters from the movie. The only ones I have passed on or don't have so far was Asajj and Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armour.

Last edited:
I have quit SS SW. I sold off my remaining figures this past week.(even the newly acquired clonobi) Reason? Just didn't think they were all that good. I mean why stay in a line when you only think a small handful of them are worthy? (Ben/sids/ and a few others)

Thing is, i'll probably come back.(cause i love SW) Which irritates me cause i want to stop SS SW. I would collect medicom SW figs as i like them a tad more but the price is crazy. I have left Vader on order though, i can't seem to cancel him. But for now i'm done, i want to focus more on Superheros and other misc. -figs. If i can bring myself to cancel Vader i'll know i will have done it. I know a lot of you don't agree, but i'm either hoping HT gets the license someday or SS gets rollin in some upper quality figures in the SW line. (in fact the only SS figures i have left are the Hobbits and GTG, and they aint going anywhere :))

Now watch, SS will roll out a awesome Tyranus and Ep1 obi that i can't ignore!:rolleyes::lol:banghead:duh

Last edited:
Krayt I am pretty sure between you and Vehnny you guys have cornered the market on getting out and getting in. :lol

Sideshow stopped me from being a completest as they continued to raise their prices while keeping quality the same, or in some cases giving us even less value (Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla, Yavin Luke, Piett, Padme, Belloq, German Indy, etc).

But the one thing that has been the most frustrating for me is how slow these releases are. I would really like to see the droids, Yoda, Jawas, Chewie, etc. But I know it will still be many more years until we see them. More than three years have already gone by, and we are barely getting Vader...in maybe a few more months. I didn't collect the Hasbro line, but how fast were their releases? Did they release figures in waves? How many per year? I've been waiting for the droids since the line was announced. At the beginning in 2005, I really thought we would see the droids by now. Today, now that I know how Sideshow operates, who knows.

Back