Should Hot Toys re-release Preds? Yes or No? Opinions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they shouldnt do any re-releases. I had to pay top dollar for my scar, thats the way it should be because I snoozed. Your late to the game :dunno you snooze you looze
unless your 'top dollar' went directly to Hot Toys, that's not really a valid argument.

IN-BEFORE-THE-LOCK-21.jpg

Yes, but not only adjust them based on today's standards, but make it worth for collectors who have the other pieces to have enough differences. otherwise, aside from the usual critiques, there'll be some hatin' for doin' so... but lovin from those who missed out.

Even the ones that have the old ones will still buy the "re-released" ones. Guaranteed. It will sell out no matter what.

I would actually like to see this happen. Hot Toys have done redos before, they've redone Terminator (t-800) with an accurate sculpt and amazing detail but no one complained who got the original t-800 when it first came out. To be honest the older predator figures look really under detailed when placed next to the likes of Beserker and Falconer. Hell I think the whole AVP and Aliens line are in for a redo/upgrade.

Yes the older predator figures are great, in fact i have quite a few of them myself but if hot Toys were to come out with newer upgraded versions of say Scar, Celtic, Chopper, P2, Wolf, The Colonial Marines, and the Aliens Warrior I would be more than happy.

I would love to see more customs but if you guys are like me im afraid to ruin my elder or p1 for example.So i would have to say yes.Just think of all the customs that would be made if people didnt have to worry about ruining a hard to find/ very expensive figure.I love the fact that there collectables but it would be selfish to say no.No hate intended to the collector freaks.....

I would actually like to see this happen. Hot Toys have done redos before, they've redone Terminator (t-800) with an accurate sculpt and amazing detail but no one complained who got the original t-800.

Well thats not really the best example. Firstly no one in their right mind didn't want HT to make a Terminator figure with a proper arnie likeness - everyone wanted to replace that $h!tty hamburger head. Secondly the new figure isn't strictly speaking a redo of the old one - its the Tech noir look. So MMS02 hasn't in fact been revisited

However, given how dated figures like the USCMs look now I wouldn't mind seeing them done at todays standards. Don't care about the avp preds....P2 maybe.

AVP, Hicks and Rambo 2.

Just because they have aged horribly.
I would gladly blow a few hundred on hicks, but the sculpt is balls and I am not a custom head kind of guy.

Well thats not really the best example. Firstly no one in their right mind didn't want HT to make a Terminator figure with a proper arnie likeness - everyone wanted to replace that $h!tty hamburger head. Secondly the new figure isn't strictly speaking a redo of the old one - its the Tech noir look. So MMS02 hasn't in fact been revisited

Even if it was the Police Station Shootout version (which I'd love for them to do), it's still way different from MMS02. After all, that figure was battle-damaged :naughty and had some accessories that weren't even in the movie, almost like a T1/T2 combo. Also the fact that his face was never that messed-up in T1.

What Furious said period. People who want them to re-release don't own the rare preds because they are not THAT in love with them or don't feel enough need to dish out crazy prices for one nowadays. I'm not saying these people are lesser fans and I'm even going to credit them with having more sense not to spend that much on a figure. But for the love of god please don't take this little sense of "exclusiveness" that those people who do treat these rarer preds as Grail have.

I'm not unreasonable though, a classic predator on the newer predator body is fine because in a sense he is from the new movie liscense.

Didnt mean to piss some people off. But its just a dang thought. You want to get defensive. Go ahead. Its just something I was thinking and I thought it would be cool if we could get upgraded here. Didnt mean to offend anyone. And if I did, Im not sorry for speaking my thoughts. Now, I love Predator, but there are sure a lot of people who dont have hundreds of dollars to pay on ebay just for 1 figure. Its not I wouldnt pay for them, its just that I dont have that kinda money. Cause if I would, of course I would buy all of them. Geez.

I would love to see them remake some of the older Preds (P1, P2 and Wolf particularly) but I don't see it happening anytime soon. I think the most we can hope for for the time being, is a Classic Pred from Predators.

Didnt mean to piss some people off. But its just a dang thought. You want to get defensive. Go ahead. Its just something I was thinking and I thought it would be cool if we could get upgraded here. Didnt mean to offend anyone. And if I did, Im not sorry for speaking my thoughts. Now, I love Predator, but there are sure a lot of people who dont have hundreds of dollars to pay on ebay just for 1 figure. Its not I wouldnt pay for them, its just that I dont have that kinda money. Cause if I would, of course I would buy all of them. Geez.

Enjoy paying hundreds for products which you missed out on.....:hi5:

I don't think its a matter should in this case. I don't think they can without re-acquiring the licensing for the properties. I'm not certain on this but I think they are allowed to make licensed reproductions for only a limited time and then they can't do them anymore after said period. Besides, with the first preds, HT didn't even get licenses to create the figs, just likenesses in kit form.

However, given how dated figures like the USCMs look now I wouldn't mind seeing them done at todays standards. Don't care about the avp preds....P2 maybe.

True but their is alot strong talk of a possible new Police Station shootout T1 aswell.

Lol sounds like you are the one getting defensive. No one asked you to apologize or stop sharing thoughts. People just said stop bringing up old subjects. Everyone that has responded are just sharing their thoughts so go ahead and post away,

Back