Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anyone like SouthPark???

great south park artwork! hey, u should do one of butters! he's my favourite character... "what what, in my butt!" :lol:lol

Re: Anyone like SouthPark???..Shells drawings and stuff..

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I figured I would bring this thread back rather than start another. Hope everyone is doing good?!
I know I've been MIA for a few months but I'm slowly getting better and my brother suggested I show you these.

It was recommended to me a while back that I try drawing again (therapeutic reasons and all that)...so last week I finally ordered some pencils and today I've been sat drawing.

I can only do a bit at a time but I've managed to do quite a bit today and was surprised to find I really enjoyed it, aside from my wrists hurting like hell now, lol.
For those that don't know, I wear braces on my wrists and have arthritis among other things so trying this was a big deal for me, but I'm quite pleased with the resuilt so far. Obviously this piece isn't finished yet, but it will be.

Here is ...THE Fat Panda!! Work in Progress pics.

Final one for today..

As I say this is unfinished as my wrists now but I found it was actually fun. I'd forgotten how much I liked to draw, the day has gone so fast.

I don't think it's turned out too badly considering I've been balancing my sketchbook on my knee and drawing while wearing wrist braces, and having DVD cover in place too as that's where I got the image from.....it's been quite comical to look at actually.
Still work to do, but it's getting there.

If I decide to continue with it, I guess I need to invest in an easel and other 'arty' stuff.lol.

Hope you guys like it so far. :1-1:
Any suggestions are welcome.
Shell
xx.

Last edited:

Gurrrrl you picked a good one to start with and timely too, I've been watching KFP a lot recently. Glad that you are revisiting your artist self. Pencil work look fahBuLous!!!

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I figured I would bring this thread back rather than start another. Hope everyone is doing good?!
I know I've been MIA for a few months but I'm slowly getting better and my brother suggested I show you these.

It was recommended to me a while back that I try drawing again (therapeutic reasons and all that)...so last week I finally ordered some pencils and today I've been sat drawing.

I can only do a bit at a time but I've managed to do quite a bit today and was surprised to find I really enjoyed it, aside from my wrists hurting like hell now, lol.
For those that don't know, I wear braces on my wrists and have arthritis among other things so trying this was a big deal for me, but I'm quite pleased with the resuilt so far. Obviously this piece isn't finished yet, but it will be.

Here is ...THE Fat Panda!! Work in Progress pics.

Final one for today..

As I say this is unfinished as my wrists now but I found it was actually fun. I'd forgotten how much I liked to draw, the day has gone so fast.

I don't think it's turned out too badly considering I've been balancing my sketchbook on my knee and drawing while wearing wrist braces, and having DVD cover in place too as that's where I got the image from.....it's been quite comical to look at actually.
Still work to do, but it's getting there.

If I decide to continue with it, I guess I need to invest in an easel and other 'arty' stuff.lol.

Hope you guys like it so far. :1-1:
Any suggestions are welcome.
Shell
xx.

Daaaaayum, Shell! Your Fat Panda looks fantastic so far! :clap :rock

Thanks Snoops, I'm glad you like it :)
xx

Gurrrrl you picked a good one to start with and timely too, I've been watching KFP a lot recently. Glad that you are revisiting your artist self. Pencil work look fahBuLous!!!

Thanks G, to be honest I've not watched KFP for ages but just thought he would be a good one to practise with. Thank you for the compliments, I'm so pleased you like him.
I'm happy to be drawing again too (thanks), aside from the pain I've really enjoyed doing this.
xx

Here's some more, a couple are with flash so ruin it a little but you get the gist:

With flash:

Without flash:

I think I'm gonna leave it at that for this piece. I was gonna finish Shifu and maybe add some background but I need better sketchbooks, and would like colours before doing that. Plus I like that Shifu's just hovering there.

What do you guys think?

I'm quite pleased with it, it's not perfect but is okay for my first attempt at drawing in many years.

I need to invest in some drawing stuff, colours, better pencils, easel and stuff like that so I can do some more....now, what to draw next :dunno

Shell :1-1:
xx

Shell this looks. I totally understand how you feel about it being therapeutic through the pain. You most definitely should continue, and don't let this thread go by the wayside again. I like Shifu as an outline.

Thanks Snoops, I'm glad you like it :)
xx

Thanks G, to be honest I've not watched KFP for ages but just thought he would be a good one to practise with. Thank you for the compliments, I'm so pleased you like him.
I'm happy to be drawing again too (thanks), aside from the pain I've really enjoyed doing this.
xx

Here's some more, a couple are with flash so ruin it a little but you get the gist:

With flash:

Without flash:

I think I'm gonna leave it at that for this piece. I was gonna finish Shifu and maybe add some background but I need better sketchbooks, and would like colours before doing that. Plus I like that Shifu's just hovering there.

What do you guys think?

I'm quite pleased with it, it's not perfect but is okay for my first attempt at drawing in many years.

I need to invest in some drawing stuff, colours, better pencils, easel and stuff like that so I can do some more....now, what to draw next :dunno

Shell :1-1:
xx

Shell this looks. I totally understand how you feel about it being therapeutic through the pain. You most definitely should continue, and don't let this thread go by the wayside again. I like Shifu as an outline.

Thanks G for the compliments and encouragement :1-1:
I'll try not to let it go, guess I'm having a spurt of wanting to draw again and I gotta say I'm loving it.

As much as it hurts (my arms and wrists) to draw I'm enjoying looking at what I've done and as you say it is very thraputic for the head.
At the moment i'm kind of teaching myself to draw again, since I haven't done anything properly for 11 maybe 12 years :horror I did try draw again a few years ago but gave up too quickly as it hurt too much, now I'm trying to push through that as I actually want to draw (something I've not done for the longest time).
Still, it's good fun 'practising', learning again and getting back into it :hi5:

I've invested in some arty materials, decent pencils, colours and all that, so once they arrive I can really get excited and will be like a kid in a sweet shop :)

So....who wants to know what I'm working on right now???

Who is it, we wonders...

Thanks again
Shell.
xxx

Okay so today has been a bit of a play day.

A small number of pencils arrived so I've been testing and messing around with them, but don't have all the right ones, or the right paper etc, I SO need to stock up with supplies. They didn't even have Watercolour pencils last time I drew like this :lol

Anyway, here's progress for today. Now time to stop cos I'm in a lot of pain.

Trying out a little colour:

Today has gone so fast with me doing this :lol

It's not much I know but I'm just getting used to pencils again.

Next time I draw I'll start a new piccie, after all I'm still in practise mode to get used to drawing again but if anyone has any suggestions of what to draw, please let me know.

Thanks all.
xx :wave

SHELL!!!!!!! Glad to see you back!!!!! :rock

Never seen this thread until now! Amazing stuff. Really awesome! Keep us updated on everything and thanks for sharing.

When are you going to do some Buffy stuff?!? :panic:

These look wonderful Shell! I never knew you were an artist! :rock I too hope you continue with your artwork. Even though it is causing pain, it is so positive mentally, emotionally, etc... Looking forward to seeing more of your work! :)

Hi Shell! I'm so glad that you're drawing, again and it's good to hear that you are getting better. Panda looks great!

Okay, so at midnight last night (my time) I had this typed out, but forgot to post it, :lol.
Here goes:

SHELL!!!!!!! Glad to see you back!!!!!

Never seen this thread until now! Amazing stuff. Really awesome! Keep us updated on everything and thanks for sharing.

When are you going to do some Buffy stuff?!?
Thanks so very much Chap, I really appreciate it.
As for Buffy stuff....see further down. :monkey3
x

PS- If you have any better pics of the demon on the second pic, please let me know as I can only find a couple online. Thanks pal.
x

These look wonderful Shell! I never knew you were an artist! :rock I too hope you continue with your artwork. Even though it is causing pain, it is so positive mentally, emotionally, etc... Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Thanks Jen, that's really nice of you to say but I wouldn't call me an artist, I was many years ago, just now I'm kind of re-discovering what I can do, if that makes sense :lol.
I am definately gonna try and keep going, I'm quite enjoying myself at the mo, I hope it lasts!.
I'm happy you like them honey.
x

Hi Shell! I'm so glad that you're drawing, again and it's good to hear that you are getting better. Panda looks great!
Hi Allison :wave
Thank you, so much. This distraction of drawing is helping stopping me from cracking up completely so it's a welcome distraction.
I'm glad you like Po, he's my favourite too, those I did today were just playtime experiments, what pencils can be used on what paper etc.

I've decided though for the moment I'm gonna stick with my pencil sketches as they seem best suited for my only sketchbook and it's my favourite style anyway.
I will try the other pencils when I'm more confident in drawing again, and can buy the stuff I need.
Thanks again.
x

Thanks so very much to each and everyone of you,it really does mean a lot you encouraging me, thank you.

Ok, when first saw this message and the text from Chapter (thank you!) and I suddenly wanted to draw the Angel Puppet, I know it's not from BTVS but it's still in the verse (was my excuse) and I just had to.
Now bear in mind I've already had my sleepy tabs a little while ago so am a little woozy. ...dangerous in charge of pencils :lol - my brother would be terrified, he's scared of pencils, pencil-phobia, lol.

It took me about hour and half to sketch these minimal outlines and will suit for now but they will be fully finished soon.

wee puppet man Angel with Flash:

While I was at it, I thought of doing this too, see if you can recognise it:

Whith Flash:

Without flash:

These are just the beginnings for these two.I just had to try draw something after Chap mentioned the Verse.

So here we go, these are my next two pieces and will be finished completely by pencil.

Very woozy, need to lay down now.
I'll keep you post
xx

Wow, Shell!!
These are excellent!! You're doing a great job on these! Love the shading on the Kung Fu Panda!! Absolutely great work!! :clap :clap

Glad to hear you are enjoying drawing these! It totally shows as well, because they are awesome!! :duff

Wow, Shell!!
These are excellent!! You're doing a great job on these! Love the shading on the Kung Fu Panda!! Absolutely great work!!

Glad to hear you are enjoying drawing these! It totally shows as well, because they are awesome!!

Thanks so much my friend, I'm glad you like them, especially Po - he's my favourite too :1-1:
Thank you, I totally had forgotten how much I enjoyed drawing, I'm glad it shows cos I really do love it. If I can just get through the pain then it's fun all over again. At the moment I'm trying to do a little sketching everyday, try build my skills back up. It's taking some work as I now have the braces to wear but it is fun while I'm practising and I'm kind of proud that Po turned out so well considering he was my first piece in the longest time!

Thanks again.
xx

So here's what I've been working on the last couple days. The face is sort of okay but I've totally screwed up the Jacket/shirt so I'm stopping now cos I've ruined it.
Unfortunately I don't have the Buffy/Angel DVD's so I had to used a sized picture from Photobucket to draw it from, no excuse I know but I couldn't see the details of the shirt/jacket properly. Anyway I messed that part up so I'm stopping now before I do anymore damage :lol.

Check these out:

Last one...

Like I say I know the clothing is completely messed up (I'm kind of ashamed of that part) and the people behind him aren't very good either, I just wanted to put their presence in there as they were part of the pic, plus Puppet Angels face could be better :monkey2.
All round, not good and I'm not sure about posting this cos I'm not very happy with it.
As you can see I still need lots and lots of practise.
xx

Last edited:

As much as I love current animation, you can't beat the classics (imo).

Watership Down

Secret of Nimh

I may add another character on the right of the Nimh sketch but that's it so far.
xx

These are awesome shell. I love SP and that collage you have put together is ace! Simply have to love it :clap

These are awesome shell. I love SP and that collage you have put together is ace! Simply have to love it :clap

Thank you so much!. I really did love putting that piece together, seems so long ago now and I know it took me ages, but I still enjoyed it very much. After that I did many commissions of the charcters using the same style for people, and that was even more fun :)
Thanks again :1-1:
x

So, who loves the Hippity Hopper??

Love this little guy, I hope this turns out okay :pray:

I'm sure I'll start drawing real life things soon, I'm just enjoying the cartoons/animation and stuff a lot at the mo. Plus I only have minimal supplies to work with so am just going a bit at a time :)
xx

Seriously, this looks like professional grade work. I love to draw, but I'm nowhere near as good with the shadowing and stuff like you are.
Absolutely brilliant! :rock :rock

Seriously, this looks like professional grade work. I love to draw, but I'm nowhere near as good with the shadowing and stuff like you are.
Absolutely brilliant! :rock
Wow, what a compliment, thank you :1-1:. I'm glad you like them as I'm certainly enjoying drawing them.
Someone asked me about my shadowing once, I haven't really considered it as it's just the way I draw but at the time I told her not to be afraid to use what I call the 'big pencils' (6,7,8,9B) cos you can get some great effects when used with the lighter pencils or even none at all. She was well happy as she told me after a while of her practising she found it helped her work too.
She was a great drawer in her own right but started loving the big pencils too rather than being scared of them.
Hope that helps a little, my work is FAR from perfect, I just have always enjoyed pencil/sketch work but i'm thrilled by your comment, thanks again.
xx

Piper and Rodney are looking AMAZING, Shell! :rock :1-1: :rock

I love your Watership Down drawings! :rock

Thank you Snoops. I'm not happy with the Robots sketches myself, I am a very picky bugger when it comes to my work, but I'm happy someone likes them :1-1:
I've always loved Watership Down so those sketches aswell as Po, are my favourites so far, well maybe include mumble in that (see below)
xx

Here we have it, the finished piece and now I can't move :lol .

It was fun to do, a few things wrong with it but it's done now so will have to do.
Hope you guys like it.
Shell.
x

I just realised that he looks like he's doing the crane kick, lol. I got this image from the front of my DVD cover but just looked at it again and it reminded me of The Karate Kid, hee hee.

Back