Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anyone like SouthPark???..Shells drawings and stuff..

Shell I love Love love what you did with happy feel, the light touch of colour is fabulous. you are belting out some amazing work. Watership Down is incredible. Watched it recently, still so sad to me. you captured the expressions perfectly

Wow, what a compliment, thank you :1-1:. I'm glad you like them as I'm certainly enjoying drawing them.
Someone asked me about my shadowing once, I haven't really considered it as it's just the way I draw but at the time I told her not to be afraid to use what I call the 'big pencils' (6,7,8,9B) cos you can get some great effects when used with the lighter pencils or even none at all. She was well happy as she told me after a while of her practising she found it helped her work too.
She was a great drawer in her own right but started loving the big pencils too rather than being scared of them.
Hope that helps a little, my work is FAR from perfect, I just have always enjoyed pencil/sketch work but i'm thrilled by your comment, thanks again.
xx

Thank you Snoops. I'm not happy with the Robots sketches myself, I am a very picky bugger when it comes to my work, but I'm happy someone likes them :1-1:
I've always loved Watership Down so those sketches aswell as Po, are my favourites so far, well maybe include mumble in that (see below)
xx

Here we have it, the finished piece and now I can't move :lol .

It was fun to do, a few things wrong with it but it's done now so will have to do.
Hope you guys like it.
Shell.
x

I just realised that he looks like he's doing the crane kick, lol. I got this image from the front of my DVD cover but just looked at it again and it reminded me of The Karate Kid, hee hee.

Shell I love Love love what you did with happy feel, the light touch of colour is fabulous. you are belting out some amazing work. Watership Down is incredible. Watched it recently, still so sad to me. you captured the expressions perfectly
Thanks G :1-1:
I love Watership Down too, one of my favourite animated films ever and it really is sad but beautiful.
Thanks for the compliments pal :wave
x

Okay here's some stuff I've been working on over the last few days.

Here's one for my mate Chapter, just a quick sketch:

Next I was browsing the web and saw one of the cutest things ever, so I just had to draw it, couldn't resist.

I got it from this website:
https://www.cutestpaw.com/images/somali-kitten/

x

Is that Giles as the Demon?:) LoL I love that episode.

And you stepped into the world of AWWWWWW. The kitten is so cute. Great job Shell.

Is that Giles as the Demon?:) LoL I love that episode.

And you stepped into the world of AWWWWWW. The kitten is so cute. Great job Shell.

:lol Yeah, that's the Giles episode, I love it too :rock.
I just wanted to do a sketch from BTVS and Giles never gets any love so thought I would start with him. It's not detailed and didn't take me long cos I may do a more in depth one later as I'm practising something else at the moment.

:lol I'm glad you like the kitty. I've ALWAYS loved drawing animals/pets and stuff but unfortunately with me being housebound I rarely get to see them in the flesh anymore, so I started searching the web. That's where I found it.
I'm probably gonna do many more animal pics so will keep you posted.

Thanks as always G :1-1:
xx:wave

Re: Shells drawings..Southpark, pencil drawings - animation - animals...& more.

Needed a change of pace today, so:

...and this one was a quick sketch to test features in general rather than total likeness:

Hope you like :)
x

Wow Shell, amazing work! :clap I'm loving the cat and Happy Feet drawings!

I wish I was talented as you- I can only draw stick men :( :lol

Nice seagulls. Love that you're kicking out some of my fav pixar films and Willow looks fab! are you planning on shading her in????

Needed a change of pace today, so:

...and this one was a quick sketch to test features in general rather than total likeness:

Hope you like :)
x

Wow Shell, amazing work! :clap I'm loving the cat and Happy Feet drawings!

I wish I was talented as you- I can only draw stick men :( :lol
Thank so much pal :1-1:
Stick men can be great too but I bet you could draw if you tried, it's just getting the confidence and used to visualising the shapes that's the hard part, from my experience anyway.
It's great for a distraction, you should try.
xx

Nice seagulls. Love that you're kicking out some of my fav pixar films and Willow looks fab! are you planning on shading her in????

Thanks mate. I've always loved the Seagulls in Nemo, I was gonna draw Nigel but wanted something more substantial and always thought they were amusing so couldn't resist.
Willow does actually have some shading, not a great deal but some (you just can't see it cos my photo skills are beyond crap :lol)
so I'm gonna leave it as is for now. It was more a practise portrait for features anyway.

At the moment I'm practising portraits, something I could never quite get to grips with many years ago, but I've been practising for weeks and will continue to do so till I think I can do okay.
However every couple of days I have a day off practising and get back to animation as I can draw those quite quickly (thankfully).
That's alongside the days I can't draw cos of the pain or just the ability (I have a lot of off days) but I'm practising as much as I can.

Sorry for rambling G.
Thanks again.
xx

In the meantime I watched the Incredibles the other day and did these:

Sorry for quality of pics.
It still seems that I may be able to draw a little but cos my hands shake (with the meds I take) I can't take a good picture :lol.
xx

BOB and EDNA!!!! I love it. Shell you really do capture them perfectly. I love Edna. Thanks for doing these, now I have to go watch the movie again:)

BOB and EDNA!!!! I love it. Shell you really do capture them perfectly. I love Edna. Thanks for doing these, now I have to go watch the movie again:)
:lol, I know mate, that's why I wanted to draw her. Thanks, I'm relieved you like them, especially Edna.
After I watched the film I thought of you. I wanted to do the 'evil smile' as it were so it's the one where she's showing the family costumes. I'll do a full size coloured Edna just for you when I can.
x :1-1:

I've been asked by my niece (I have nieces now :thud:) for a Homer Simpson piece, so in addition to continuing practising that's what I'll be working on next. I've just ordered some paper as I'll be making Homer in the collage style like I did South Park, so I'm looking forward to starting it.

I've had a very crappy time and needed to disapear and try clear my head today so I dove into a couple of the characters that got me drawing in the first place, I don't feel any better but it made the day go fast at least :lol:

...now I seriously can't move, so sore. Think I might have a few days off.

Now, where's my painkillers :(...
xx :wave

Last edited:
Re: Shells drawings..Southpark, PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Latest creation, for one of my nieces who is 10:

I know the hair is thicker than it should be but since this is a collage, all the card has been cut to size and shaped so I could only go so thin without it ripping.

...and here's another I'm working on for her:

...obviously not finished yet.

She loves Homer so I hope she'll like it, my brother reckons she will.
I hope you guys do too.
x :wave
xx

Re: Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Great work!! Love that second Homer one!! :rock :rock

Re: Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Gorgeous work, Shell!! Keep it coming!
Thanks Flosi, glad you like them :1-1:

Great work!! Love that second Homer one!! :rock :rock

Where are you located Ent?
I only ask cos I've decided to change the collages and if you want the second one, you can have it.
With a lot of patience I managed to get the details of the first one off the black background. I think I'm gonna mount that one on a Blue background, after all, it's more like the simpsons (colourful) and you'll be able to see the detail better. So I'm just waiting for new card to arrive. I'm also gonna add something to it so my niece gets just the one piece with a few things on it. So I think I will be doing away with the second one.
So, if you want the second one and can give me time to finish it, you can have it once it's done.
Lemme know :duff
x

I've been like a kid in a sweet shop today, playing with pastel pencils for the first time.
I'll hopefully get better at using them as I get used to them. I always loved working with pastel blocks so like the medium, it's just getting used to them in a pencil, it's weird, :lol

Now I've got a right head ache, I'd forgotten how much the fixative stinks.

Last edited:

Love the Daffy Duck in the zoot suit! I'm so glad that you're doing your art. I can tell it's cathartic. Those simpsons collages are fabulous too. Haven't watched them in years.

:lol, I know mate, that's why I wanted to draw her. Thanks, I'm relieved you like them, especially Edna.
After I watched the film I thought of you. I wanted to do the 'evil smile' as it were so it's the one where she's showing the family costumes. I'll do a full size coloured Edna just for you when I can.
x :1-1:

I've been asked by my niece (I have nieces now :thud:) for a Homer Simpson piece, so in addition to continuing practising that's what I'll be working on next. I've just ordered some paper as I'll be making Homer in the collage style like I did South Park, so I'm looking forward to starting it.

I've had a very crappy time and needed to disapear and try clear my head today so I dove into a couple of the characters that got me drawing in the first place, I don't feel any better but it made the day go fast at least :lol:

...now I seriously can't move, so sore. Think I might have a few days off.

Now, where's my painkillers :(...

Re: Shells drawings..Southpark, PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Love the Daffy Duck in the zoot suit! I'm so glad that you're doing your art. I can tell it's cathartic. Those simpsons collages are fabulous too. Haven't watched them in years.
Thanks pal, this really is turning into my kind of therapy :lol It makes the day go so fast and I can literally just lose myself in a piece when doing it. It helps stop all the crap whirling round in me head and I can just concentrate on putting my best on the page.
I haven't watched Simpsons in years either, in fact I was sat doing more on this first collage yday and looked through the movie channels (as I like the background noise) and The Simpsons Movie was on, I've not even seen that :lol
Thanks as always my friend :1-1:
x

This is great! :clap Really like this one! Wish I could draw as good as you!!
Thank you so much. I've really enjoyed creating these and I love that others like them too. I'm a bit of a perfectionist (and critical) with my own stuff so to know that you like it too, is a great boost for me.
I've only been drawing again for about a month but my confidence is definitely coming back.
Thanks again.
Shell

As for the Simpsons collage, I've actually changed it a bit. Did a lot of work on it yday changing the colour schemes and putting more detail in it. I'm hoping that the remaining black card I need will arrive today so I can finish it and will show you guys the finished piece for my niece.

I'll keep posting as I get more done.

Thanks all :1-1: I really appreciate your comments.
Shell
x :hi5:

Last edited:

All done, yay :hi5:

Firstly I changed the colours. I thought the blue background would be better suited to not only make the characters 'pop' a little better, but it's also a more simpsonsy (just made that up :lol) colour and the blue, then black mount helps you see the details better rather than the black background (imo).

Then I took the doughnut (or Donut as you guys call it) and changed it to include a homer image & beer. So there's 4 Homer's in the piece now.

My initial idea was to create 2 pieces, one with 'Donuts' and one with Beer, after all they are really defining characteristics of Homer. I have included both of them in this one piece so I am now just sending this one finished piece.
That small bubble section with a Homer/Dunut and Duff took me as long to put together as the rest of the whole piece. It's all individually drawn/cut out and made with the right colours, it's been a task, but a most enjoyable one :)

My brother sais she will love it (she's 10) and he's suggested I send it to them and they will get it framed up for her Christmas prezzie from me.
It's a hefty size at 16x20" so will be easy enough for them to frame.

I just hope she likes it.

So here goes, the finished piece:

...and the 'Donut' was changed from, this:

...to this:

(sorry the last pics a wee bit fuzzy)

Lemme know if you guys like it. I hope you do.

Looks excellent!! :clap I like the added Homer in the doughnut! :lol - typical Homer!!! :lol - well done!!

Looks excellent!! :clap I like the added Homer in the doughnut! :lol - typical Homer!!! :lol - well done!!
Thanks again.
I've actually changed homer a little again, told you I was picky about my work, :lol. Not much though, just little things on the Duff Beer Can and the Doughnut, but he's/all Homers are effectively finished. I'm just waiting for a frame to come and then once I frame it up I'll get it sent up north to my brother.
I'm so glad you like it, thank you. :1-1:
x

Here's what I've done next....I saw an advert on telly the other night for Vodafone and since this wee guy was featured, I've wanted to draw him since I saw him.

Posting this is a bit scary for me, I've never done Star Wars before so don't know the characters very well (don't judge me :lol), so I had to get an image from the interwebz.

Let me know what you think, my first Star Wars character :)woo) and one of the only ones I know, shameless I know :lol.

Hope you like, suggestions welcome as always!
x

Last edited:
Back