Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

I have to say that your brushwork is great, Shell! :hi5:

Looks great Shell!! Stay with it! :)

Very nice. Even if it has been a while, your talent shows.
Thanks so much peeps. It means a lot to me that you sy that.

Well over the holidays I got some new gorgeous brushes and allsorts of painting stuff like glazer etc.

I've not been well over last few days (sorry I've not replied to pm's) so haven't posted here (haven't even been online) but here's where I'm at so far:

I'm thinking I might put the ice cream mountains behind Ralph and the King Candy castle over to the back right. I've got loads of glitter and things to put on the Kart and ground but it's coming together, slowly.
So, still loads to do, but it's getting there, just need to keep forcing myself out of bed to do it :(

Hope you like.
x :wave

Last edited:
Re: Shells drawings..Southpark - Simpsons - PIXAR - Disney - animals - TV - & more.

This is just all kinds of awesome. The color in the background is perfection. Love the image you chose. Great work Shell. I know it hurts but this is worth it.:clap

I've not been well over last few days (sorry I've not replied to pm's) so haven't posted here (haven't even been online) but here's where I'm at so far:

I'm thinking I might put the ice cream mountains behind Ralph and the King Candy castle over to the back right. I've got loads of glitter and things to put on the Kart and ground but it's coming together, slowly.
So, still loads to do, but it's getting there, just need to keep forcing myself out of bed to do it :(

Hope you like.

This is just all kinds of awesome. The color in the background is perfection. Love the image you chose. Great work Shell. I know it hurts but this is worth it.:clap

Thank you G :1-1:
Well, here it is - the finished piece. Thank you to my mate gryphxy for some advice towards the end of it.

It's now in a protective sleeve so my apologies for the flash glare and tape that you can see.

I must say I'm not happy with a lot of it, the scenery and road in particular. I re-did the background 4x before settling on this one. Then I started adding glitter yesterday and while it looks fab on the bonnet of V's Kart, the Gold was too much. So this morning I've been brushing most of that off as I didn't want the gold glitter to detract from the main features of the piece that are Ralph and Vanellope. Plus I dusted it down as I don't want for their house to be covered in glitter when they open this, like me and my flat were yesterday, completely covered in the stuff :lol I used 3D Fabric Paint for the pink trail on the Kart's bonnet and for the coloured beads on the hills, so it gives it more of that 3D look too.

The wee girl this is going to thinks she is Vanellope and her dad is Ralph and she will be 4 years old at the end on Jan, so this piece is for her.
My mate (the lass's mum) sais she will love it as she can't get enough WiR and it's extra special as the picture shows her and her dad (vanellope and Ralph).

Like I say, not terribly happy with a lot of it, but it's too late to start again now, I've already started from scratch twice :lol

I just hope she likes it.

So there you go. My first official painting in a very long time. I'm looking forward to trying watercolours out, I always used to love using them.
...but for now a wee rest as my wrists and hands are killing me.
x :peace

Simply put....this is spectacular. the colors pop and the characters are spot on. Great work Shell.

I can't seem to see any of your pictures? :(

I was gonna worry and then saw, this:

Nevermind. I see them now! They look great!! Really good work once again!! :rock :rock

I'm glad you can see them and thank you!.
Other than Ralph and V I'm really not happy with that painting though. .

I would have started that painting again (would have been 3rd time) but I was warned by my mate that if I did she would skewer me cos she loves it as is, and as it's for her daughter I had no choice cos she can be a scary woman - but I loves her anyway. I re-painted the background 4x as well and I'm still not happy with it - told you I was a perfectionist :lol.

So thank you, it's good to know someone else likes it. :rock
x :1-1:

Simply put....this is spectacular. the colors pop and the characters are spot on. Great work Shell.
Thank you G, for your words and encouragement. What you said is a great compliment and I really appreciate it, thank you.
I like the characters, especially V and her Kart -Ralph could have been better and you know how I feel 'bout the rest.

I know what a big fan you are of this film so I'm really happy you like it so much.
x :1-1:

I like that peeps seem to like this piece, even if I don't :lol

I know it's my first painting in such a long time but that's no excuse, I used to be so good at art - all of it (aside from portraits, they always gave me problems) but I could doodle/ paint and make it look good, fast. I had a couple exhibitions, sold lots and did dozens of private commissions. I guess I'm just still finding it hard to get back fully into the swing of it, which is disappointing me. The braces I wear, the pain, how slow I am now, think it's just getting to me.
Sorry, I'm rambling.

Thanks so much to everyone for your support, help and encouragement. I would never have continued with things had it not been for you guys when I brought this thread back from the depths back in October, you're all awesome :1-1:
xxx

I know it's my first painting in such a long time but that's no excuse, I used to be so good at art - all of it (aside from portraits, they always gave me problems) but I could doodle/ paint and make it look good, fast. I had a couple exhibitions, sold lots and did dozens of private commissions. I guess I'm just still finding it hard to get back fully into the swing of it, which is disappointing me. The braces I wear, the pain, how slow I am now, think it's just getting to me.
Sorry, I'm rambling.

Thanks so much to everyone for your support, help and encouragement. I would never have continued with things had it not been for you guys when I brought this thread back from the depths back in October, you're all awesome :1-1:
xxx

It's when I read things like the above that makes me want to continue to do art, specially since you work through it. there are times I want to just pack it the hell up and turn studio into a bedroom/reading area:) I am glad you decided to get back into it. I'm impressed, and you are an inspiration. the style you do, I cannot.

It's when I read things like the above that makes me want to continue to do art, specially since you work through it. there are times I want to just pack it the hell up and turn studio into a bedroom/reading area:) I am glad you decided to get back into it. I'm impressed, and you are an inspiration. the style you do, I cannot.
Thanks G, that's really nice of you to say :1-1:.
I've felt like that many times and am a bit at the moment. Unfortunately or fortunately I don't have a studio. I have my over the bed table that I use and rest on that, place supplies around me - usually scattered on the sofa so it would be much easier for me to quit.
I dunno, we'll see I guess. I've been trying to get pics finished that I promised people and then I'll go from there.

On that note, a little while ago my Niece (elder sister to the one I did the Simpsons piece for) asked me for a picture of her favourite band.
I was really reluctant to try this because even though I've been practising them (A LOT) since I started drawing again, I've always found portraits difficult. This is why I've not mentioned doing it in this thread before now. I told her that and she's 16 so understands but encouraged me to try but said it was okay if I couldn't. Then my 'Jackson Gene' kicked in (meaning I'm stubborn as a mule :lol ) and I wanted to try.
So I've been working on it full time again since I finished the WiR painting and think I finished it, please be nice but let me know what you think, yeah.

Showing this is scary...:lurking

^This was my test to see if I can draw portraits. I've practised so much cos I've wanted to get features and all right. So as well as doing my pictures that I've posted in here about, I was working on skulls and faces, I even bought a plastic skull to get the proportions right and all that, what can I say - I'm committed, and not in an asylum way, :lol (well maybe not :wink1:).

IF this Pic above for my Niece is okay, I may start drawing a good friends kids again and make as nice a pic as I can.
So please lemme know what you think.

...and just for fun, one of my fave characters ever, in fact one that I used to constantly draw at school, I did this as a quick sketch this afternoon:

Gotta love Roger Rabbit, Jessica may be next once/ if I complete a full Roger.

Hope you like.

Is that 30 seconds to Mars? I think the jared leto likeness is there. the shading on the clothing is fantastic. the proportions are very nice. I think she'll dig it. Roger Rabbit and baby is fantastic. i love love love that movie. I can still remember seeing it in the theatre. love it. you should definitely not quit. maybe take a not too long break, watch Despicable me and do an Agnes pic with her big fluffy unicorn:) (just a thought:))

Thanks G, that's really nice of you to say :1-1:.

On that note, a little while ago my Niece (elder sister to the one I did the Simpsons piece for) asked me for a picture of her favourite band.
I was really reluctant to try this because even though I've been practising them (A LOT) since I started drawing again, I've always found portraits difficult. This is why I've not mentioned doing it in this thread before now. I told her that and she's 16 so understands but encouraged me to try but said it was okay if I couldn't. Then my 'Jackson Gene' kicked in (meaning I'm stubborn as a mule :lol ) and I wanted to try.
So I've been working on it full time again since I finished the WiR painting and think I finished it, please be nice but let me know what you think, yeah.

Showing this is scary...:lurking

^This was my test to see if I can draw portraits. I've practised so much cos I've wanted to get features and all right. So as well as doing my pictures that I've posted in here about, I was working on skulls and faces, I even bought a plastic skull to get the proportions right and all that, what can I say - I'm committed, and not in an asylum way, :lol (well maybe not :wink1:).

IF this Pic above for my Niece is okay, I may start drawing a good friends kids again and make as nice a pic as I can.
So please lemme know what you think.

...and just for fun, one of my fave characters ever, in fact one that I used to constantly draw at school, I did this as a quick sketch this afternoon:

Gotta love Roger Rabbit, Jessica may be next once/ if I complete a full Roger.

Hope you like.

Is that 30 seconds to Mars? I think the jared leto likeness is there. the shading on the clothing is fantastic. the proportions are very nice. I think she'll dig it. Roger Rabbit and baby is fantastic. i love love love that movie. I can still remember seeing it in the theatre. love it. you should definitely not quit. maybe take a not too long break, watch Despicable me and do an Agnes pic with her big fluffy unicorn:) (just a thought:))
Yep, that's them. I knew it was 30 seconds to something :lol. cool, you know who it is, that's a plus. Thanks. I'll see what she thinks about it. Which ones Jared?, her favourite is the guy on the left, but I have no idea who he is :lol. she did tell me but my memory sucks. I drew the guy on the left first, then the right and then the middle guy who gave me the most bother portrait wise, still not happy bout his eyes.

That's an idea, a break might be good now I've done all the 'scheduled' pieces' for now. Don't shout but I've not seen despicable me (I know I know :lol) but I've wanted to as I keep seeing the ads for part 2 recently. So maybe I will, I'll do what I did with Ralph and get the DVD of DM and see what it's about.

I love RR, I've actually got a screen print from when I was at school (14) and it's crap but for the longest time he's all I would draw :lol, I got many drawings of him too. I just couldn't resist today as I was looking in the Jessica PF thread the other day and wanted to draw him since then, so did that this afternoon. One of best films EVER!

Thanks as always mate :1-1:

Ooo forgot to tell you. My mate Jo got the Ralph and V painting yday and she literally burst out crying. She was blubbering to me (bless her) as she couldn't believe how good it was and was so happy that I had done that for her wee girl considering he knows how much pain I'm in. She told me I need to start selling artwork again :lol she means well but, no :lol
She's a sweetie, I'm so glad she likes it, makes it all the pain worthwhile.

Apparently my work mates people cry cos the lass she gave my Happy feet to also started crying when she saw it :lol
My work, crying material :dunno :lol
xx

Tears of Joy and appreciation. The WIR is really fabulous. and show me a little girl that doesn't like Glitter and I'll name that child Rosemary's Baby! The middle one is Jared Leto, and he has the most gorgeous eyes. Great actor. love him and I am somewhat of a popculture whore. great job on the portraits.

I knew as soon as i mentioned DM that you hadn't had a chance to see it. when you do it'll bring a tear to your eyes. Agnes is just a great li'l girl character.

Keep on doing what you like and if people want to buy it then good!

D

Ooo forgot to tell you. My mate Jo got the Ralph and V painting yday and she literally burst out crying. She was blubbering to me (bless her) as she couldn't believe how good it was and was so happy that I had done that for her wee girl considering he knows how much pain I'm in. She told me I need to start selling artwork again :lol she means well but, no :lol

Apparently my work mates people cry cos the lass she gave my Happy feet to also started crying when she saw it :lol
xx

Yeah, you can definitely tell it's 30 Seconds to Mars! Great work once again!! :rock :rock :rock

xx

What a moving compliment. Congratulations, Shell!

Shell - had no idea you were so talented! Always loved ya, though! ;)

Keep it up!

Back