Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both exclusives have sold out, so that's something. And if enough of the regulars sell we "might" at least get a Zombie Ed for SDCC. But past that I wouldn't expect much else... the rest of the cast, while great doesn't seem good action figure material.

There are some pretty memorable Zombies from SHAUN that could be made... perhaps even as part of a licensed cross-over into the popular DEAD line.

:lecture

Well, we start getting first looks at the SDCC exclusives in Late March/Early April so if there was something SotD inspired it'd already be in the works and nearing completion. If there is a Zombie Ed for example coming to SDCC I have a feeling the already low edition size of the line itself due to slow sales will mean a very limited exclusive edition size.....

There are some pretty memorable Zombies from SHAUN that could be made... perhaps even as part of a licensed cross-over into the popular DEAD line.

It's the perfect license to have to compliment the Dead line.

Shaun's zombie step-father, the zombie pub owner who they fight while Queen is being played, any one of the funky zombies who are standing outside the pub when they try and make it through by using their zombie acting skills... If these were marketed in conjunction with the Dead line (and with the same quantity) then I think this line would have long legs.

I hope that it does because I'd absolutely love a Hot Fuzz line to be announced sometime this year as well.:D

Shaun's zombie step-father, the zombie pub owner who they fight while Queen is being played, any one of the funky zombies who are standing outside the pub when they try and make it through by using their zombie acting skills... If these were marketed in conjunction with the Dead line (and with the same quantity) then I think this line would have long legs.

Yep! And don't forget about the zombies from Shaun's backyard in the beginning of the film.

Oh no arguments there, but will people be willing to pay the extra $10 for a Shaun of the Dead zombie than one from the Dead line?

Oh no arguments there, but will people be willing to pay the extra $10 for a Shaun of the Dead zombie than one from the Dead line?

It depends. If it's one of the easily identifiable ("iconic") zombies from the film I think so, yeah. But it would just be a handful anyway... probably 4-5 at most.

Well, we start getting first looks at the SDCC exclusives in Late March/Early April

No, we won't know the SDCC Exclusives until May. Sideshow said this at the end of Toy Fair:

"Join us at SideshowCollectibles.com in May for an a-may-zing month long celebration of Free Comic Book Day (May 3rd) and the unveiling of our San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives"

Huh. Either way I guarantee whatever is being planned for SDCC is already been decided and worked on.

I would think a Shaun figure would get announced. I expect a new Dead to be announced and a Dead SDCC Ex.

Yikes, I hope there isn't another Dead figure before SDCC, 3 a year is good for me... any more and I'm gonna have to get choosy. Not due to cost, but really I'm running out of room :google

As for the Dead I have a feeling we'll get an SDCC Exclusive and a Spooktacular Exclusive and that's it for this year......at least I hope.

I would have ordered these the second they went up for pre-order, but I can't stand the facial expressions. They are a real let down.

I would have ordered these the second they went up for pre-order, but I can't stand the facial expressions. They are a real let down.

I feel exactly the same, I loved SOTD and Hot Fuzz, I've been following Peggs career since Big train, I have Spaced on DVD as well, I even met him in a pub in Muswell Hill years ago, so I should sooo want this, and I have to admit Ed has really grown on me, but he's no good without Shaun and I just plain don't like the facial sculpt.
I know a lot of people seem to, and I guess we all see things differently but I have shown the picture of the figure to my wife, freinds and colleagues and universaly they dont get it either, though no Robert Redford he just isn't that ugly.

I feel exactly the same, I loved SOTD and Hot Fuzz, I've been following Peggs career since Big train, I have Spaced on DVD as well, I even met him in a pub in Muswell Hill years ago, so I should sooo want this, and I have to admit Ed has really grown on me, but he's no good without Shaun and I just plain don't like the facial sculpt.
I know a lot of people seem to, and I guess we all see things differently but I have shown the picture of the figure to my wife, freinds and colleagues and universaly they dont get it either, though no Robert Redford he just isn't that ugly.

Is Spaced available on DVD in the US ??

As for the Dead I have a feeling we'll get an SDCC Exclusive and a Spooktacular Exclusive and that's it for this year......at least I hope.

No, the line is really taking off. We will at least see a new figure at Comic-Con and Spooktacular in addition to the exclusives.

Back