Premium Format Shaak Ti Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of an odd viewpoint, why worry about an unlikely random problem like that? Worst case you just buy another statue so the markup could not be that much. I fully expect the spares to fetch $50-75 from SS if they ever made them so that would be high already, no room for much markup.

Don't really know what to tell you. I'm not worried. I'm just raising a point for discussion. I wouldn't call it an unlikely random problem. With the flippers that we as collectors deal with on a daily basis I don't see how the issue that I propose is unlikely - on the contrary.

And the worst case scenario that you present only goes to show what a complely horrid situation we would face, were it the case that people bought several pieces for the parts only, thereby preventing other collectors from having the joy of owning said piece.

The absurdity of the whole scenario makes it relevant to discuss, so I don't see why it is an odd viewpoint.

Don't really know what to tell you. I'm not worried. I'm just raising a point for discussion. I wouldn't call it an unlikely random problem. With the flippers that we as collectors deal with on a daily basis I don't see how the issue that I propose is unlikely - on the contrary.

And the worst case scenario that you present only goes to show what a complely horrid situation we would face, were it the case that people bought several pieces for the parts only, thereby preventing other collectors from having the joy of owning said piece.

The absurdity of the whole scenario makes it relevant to discuss, so I don't see why it is an odd viewpoint.

It is just odd to me that you would rather them not produce the part and make everyone suffer in the off chance that a flipper will make $20 a pop. Might as well stop making the statues themselves with that logic. Why punish the people who need the part, make them and everyone is happy.

And my worst case is not that bad, buy a good statue and sell your non working to someone who does not care about the light for a slight loss. Not a big deal, but the value of everyone's would increase with spare parts available. The worry factor would be eliminated of them ever going out so we could enjoy them even more than we do now. Plus I know plenty of people who avoid light up statues just for that very fact.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make extra parts. That's kind of what they are doing now. If they are making too few parts, though, is whole different discussion. People shouldn't have to pay for something that they already paid for.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make extra parts. That's kind of what they are doing now. If they are making too few parts, though, is whole different discussion. People shouldn't have to pay for something that they already paid for.

Yea, I am sure they make extra parts, but that is only reserved for 30 day return period people, not when we would need a replacement from regular use. Nothing lasts forever, don't look at it like paying for something we already paid for, all lights need replacing at some point or another. You don't get mad at the hardware store when your lamp burns out, you just buy a new one and continue enjoying the lamp like we should be able to do with these.

I believe that Sideshow would have replaced the defective part for me without charge if they had it. I don't want a market of buying spare parts when the original should have worked. Instead, I just wish there was better quality control for the part. Getting a replacement would still leave me with the concern that it would burn out just as quickly as the original.

That said, they offered a credit on a future purchase and I accepted, so I'm not looking for anything else now. I just leave the light off.

But who would then be eligible to purchase those spares? Someone could potentially buy them all and then force desperate people to pay outrageous prices.

Any spares could be limited to one per account at Sideshow. If someone purchased a statue at a B&M store then they'd have to register with SSC to buy.

It wouldn't be perfect but it may discourage filthy flippers.

I believe that Sideshow would have replaced the defective part for me without charge if they had it. I don't want a market of buying spare parts when the original should have worked. Instead, I just wish there was better quality control for the part.

Two different things surely?
Yes, I agree that Sideshow should provide adequate and working parts without expecting you to then have to pay for replacement parts.

The flip side to that is that 3 years down the line, the dog fails to heed the tissue paper warnings and knocks one of your statues over. Faced with the possibility of purchasing a replacement arm, head, whatever, I'd be grateful for that service if they provided it. The alternative is too painful to think about.

Just signed up because the site was suggested to me as I got this figure and it works thank god after reading some of your posts. But my question is any of you know were I can pick up a display case that well fit her base and all? Any suggestions are welcome

As for lighting issues, my point of view is these are statues not toys, just remove the lighting all together, it's nothing but a gimmick so a few nerds can go oooohhh and ahhhhh and then it goes poof and stops working... Just use some sort of florescent paint on the saber parts, would look better then having a clear lightsaber that doesn't work anymore.... they're just to poorly implemented and end up devaluing your statue when they stop working.

As for lighting issues, my point of view is these are statues not toys, just remove the lighting all together, it's nothing but a gimmick so a few nerds can go oooohhh and ahhhhh and then it goes poof and stops working... Just use some sort of florescent paint on the saber parts, would look better then having a clear lightsaber that doesn't work anymore.... they're just to poorly implemented and end up devaluing your statue when they stop working.
So I guess the guys who buy life size figures don't want the light up features either as it turns them into "toys"? That is just silly. Why is something that makes it more life like a "gimmick"? Going by that thinking why have the blades at all, just something to bump into and break off.

They are not poorly implemented, no less so than the rest of the statue. They also don't devalue the statue that much when they are non functioning. Enjoy them and just paint your blade if you don't like the clear tube if it should ever break. If SS made parts for these it would eliminate the only possible issue with them.

So I guess the guys who buy life size figures don't want the light up features either as it turns them into "toys"? That is just silly. Why is something that makes it more life like a "gimmick"? Going by that thinking why have the blades at all, just something to bump into and break off.

They are not poorly implemented, no less so than the rest of the statue. They also don't devalue the statue that much when they are non functioning. Enjoy them and just paint your blade if you don't like the clear tube if it should ever break. If SS made parts for these it would eliminate the only possible issue with them.

Well they don't make parts for them and they are poorly designed, if they weren't they wouldn't break so often.... Only reason I say they're a gimmick is because most of the time they only work for a month or two and then they break, both Darth Malgus and Shaak TI sabers went dead within 2 months of getting them (out of the 30 day warranty period of course)...

I'm just tired of the light up features always failing on my statues...

Last edited:
Darth Maul legendary scale

Does anyone have a fix for the light up feature of this statue. The dual saber has gone out and doesn't work any more. I have had 2 of these statues and it has happened to both. Looking for a fix or upgrade.

Thanks john

ysu9ehe2.jpg

taru8eva.jpg

6esenegu.jpg

u9ahate7.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Back