Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping SS gets desperate and starts trying to unload these with 3X points or something. Or maybe some of the distributors will fire sale them. Ultimately I'll want to get it to go with the X-Men vs Sentinel dioramas and 1:6 Koto statues, but still not terribly impressed with the design (mostly the pose) and there was no real buzz for them at CC. Still I'll sell one of my Bowen Sentinels to partially fund this one. I'll just wait for the best deal.

You can't imagine why anybody would go after this?

You do realise that people can buy what they like, you do realise that money is no object to some (me), you do realise that people have their own tastes and likes, you do realise that people can spend their hard earned wages on what they like right? I absolutely detest and despise when people write things like that. A random person on the Internet who has 100% no intention of buying it, really tries hard to sway people's minds. Not just you but 90% of the posts that are posted on this thread. Half of it is just repetitive monotonous blah that the herds of sheep will follow when someone writes something.

I repeat, I can't wait for this and this is the one I'm looking forward to most out of all my pre orders below

You know you are totally allowed to pay whatever you want for whatever you want. What I said is "I can't imagine" buying so I figured that it was implicate that it was my opinion. By your own admission about 9 out of 10 people here don't like this piece, and they are just as entitled to post their displeasure. Now I posted ONE comment and you came down on me, and so I responded with my honest opinion. If you don't like it that is fine, and to be honest I won't be in this thread posting my opinion over and over. I don't do that with pieces I truly dislike, because I don't want to take away from the love of people who enjoy it. Heck if you had never responded to my first comment it would have probably been my last, and if you don't respond to this one then I will just be out.

You can't imagine why anybody would go after this?

You do realise that people can buy what they like, you do realise that money is no object to some (me), you do realise that people have their own tastes and likes, you do realise that people can spend their hard earned wages on what they like right? I absolutely detest and despise when people write things like that. A random person on the Internet who has 100% no intention of buying it, really tries hard to sway people's minds. Not just you but 90% of the posts that are posted on this thread. Half of it is just repetitive monotonous blah that the herds of sheep will follow when someone writes something.

Worst paint app you've ever seen? I can think of about 7 statues off the top of my head that are far worse than this

I repeat, I can't wait for this and this is the one I'm looking forward to most out of all my pre orders below

Well said....

I am curious what about the pose what people don't like. Its a robot and in the cartoon (any x men cartoon) they moved clunky/blocky I can't speak for every comic depiction but the larger sentinels that I remember always have that same robot mannerism. When I see the statue I can easily picture an x-men at his feet and him about to reach down.

I love this one just not the price. Lol maybe if the ES is very low I will pull the trigger. Otherwise pass for me. But it's an awesome statue. Love it!

I'm going to get this, it doesn't mean I think it's great. I think it needs reposing badly. I know this is an iron man picture but it would be perfect for the look I think this statue needs to get down, with the face aiming thru the hand angled downwards, a sense of movement and power.
MarkIII3.jpg

Marvel Legends Sentinel Build-A-Figure have the best representation of sentinel and you can buy it for 60$.
his pose doesnt cut out for me. but i think the biggest problem for me is how i remember the sentinel that he dont have jetpack and dont look like saw doll.
his face on xmen dio was better.

Marvel Legends Sentinel Build-A-Figure have the best representation of sentinel and you can buy it for 60$.
his pose doesnt cut out for me. but i think the biggest problem for me is how i remember the sentinel that he dont have jetpack and dont look like saw doll.

A saw doll :lol :lol :lol

Ouch, harsh critics :lol

I wanted a Sentinel really bad but this one just doesn't do it for me. Something seems really off. A shame SS couldn't take my $$$ on this one.

Well, for me its the awkard pose but the more I look at this the more I wish he had a darker paint scheme. the blue and pink they went with look kind of pastel which isn't very exciting or intimidating. Its like the Sentinel Easter Sunday version

Well, for me its the awkard pose but the more I look at this the more I wish he had a darker paint scheme. the blue and pink they went with look kind of pastel which isn't very exciting or intimidating. Its like the Sentinel Easter Sunday version

Kids friendly Sentinel

that's interesting...but still don't see myself biting on this one yet

I went and checked, seeing the pose again reminded me why I didn't order it, small ES won't change that. I will wait for XM one hopefully someday when X-Men is a go again.

Well for the price and real estate he will take in my collection im just not excited enough to place an order. Minor tweaks and this would be order. SS is constantly over reaching on their poses. If he was just standing straight looking down with arm out looking to blast this would be an easy order. Instead he is bending at the knees and has the infamous SS twist at the hips which they reserve for their male sculpts :gah:

Back