Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IronmanINeedit_zps7e3d32a6.gif

:goodpost:

I think it looks absolutely amazing and a whopping 32'' tall, any Sentinel fan will lap this up. Me included

Sentinels are cool and all, but I always just see them as massed produced mindless robots with no personality. I agree with you. If I'm dropping the $$$, I'd much rather have the big G MAQ. Not only does he look phemonemal, he's a great character with motives and a personality. That said, the Sentinel MAQ turned out fantastic. There's no denying how great this piece looks. However, if I'm putting together an X-MEN display, there are numerous villains I'd add to my collection before I drop these kinds of $$$ on a Sentinel piece.

It is good looking. But like you said there are other villains ahead of the Sentinel. Magento, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister (is one I'd have to jump on). I'd love to see a Reavers Diorama. I do like it and if I had tons of extra money laying around, sure why not. But it does rank somewhere with DoomBots. They look cool, but I don't think people are clamoring for them. That said if this was done as a diorama. Classic or 90's X-Men fighting a Sentinel. This thing could be 1K and I'd find a way to get it.

I don't think this compares very well with the Galactus Maquette. In fact I think it looks very plane and unimpressive when I compare it to the big G. Most certainly if you consider Gal was &799 and this is $899. Not worth the price hike.

Yep, and he came with some Heralds too. Granted can't expect that with a Sentinel. Course I'm confused as to their actual size. I've seen images where they look gigantic. People standing in it's palm. While or images show the palm about the width of a human torso. Point is Sentinel feels like it need a little something extra to me.

I can see where you are coming from on waiting for other villians before dropping this kind of cash on a Sentinel. Once you get those villians, it might be a while before SS revists one (unless it is OE). Sure XM might come out with one but it will cost even more.

I think the Sentinel MAQ has an open ES. Not 100% sure about that though. The thing is, I'm OK without having a Sentinel piece in my collection. I don't care enough about Sentinels in general to drop $900 on a statue of one. Even if the piece was $600 I wouldn't buy one. Not because it doesn't look good (I think it looks great) but because there are A LOT of other X-Villains I'd rather have than a Sentinel. I'd rather drop the $$$ on the upcoming XM Mags. It works out better for me and my collection that way.

Wow this is so good looking! Love it but is this more expensive than galactus? This is amazingly sculpted and love the COH. Looks like the 90s image silvestri art style. I love this but the thing is do I want a sentinel for 1000.00 which is most likely the price after shipping. Not so sure yet. If I order from a lcs will it be cheaper than SS? Or is it better to order from SS and get the reward points? Is the points 5% and lcs 10%?

New CBG tactics...
Will it be cheaper later :lol NO, This one is TBD.

Thanks so no rush then, don't want to get carried away right now on PO. Remember there will be coupons and other retailers offering this maybe on sale. I will put this one to the side for now. Great looking statue.

Back