Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400130-sentinel-012.jpg
400130-sentinel-013.jpg

Looks great. I can't bring myself to spend almost a G on a Sentinel statue though. Congrats to those peeps picking one up. No doubt, this'll look fantastic in any collection.

Wow... Pretty sweet.
For that price though, I wish the Energy openings were made of a translucent resin or something. Similar to the light up part on Gambit Koto piece.

Looks great. I can't bring myself to spend almost a G on a Sentinel statue though. Congrats to those peeps picking one up. No doubt, this'll look fantastic in any collection.

Yeah same for me $600 is pushing my limit. I got the Lobo. which I think has a great sculpt. If was even going to spend $800 it would be on The Devourer of Worlds. That one blew me away. I like this guy but it doesn't have the same presence. Maybe throw in some scared mutant kids and I'd be all over it. ;) Or a switch out hand with one of those metal tentacles.

Yeah same for me $600 is pushing my limit. I got the Lobo. which I think has a great sculpt. If was even going to spend $800 it would be on The Devourer of Worlds. That one blew me away. I like this guy but it doesn't have the same presence. Maybe throw in some scared mutant kids and I'd be all over it. ;) Or a switch out hand with one of those metal tentacles.

Sentinels are cool and all, but I always just see them as massed produced mindless robots with no personality. I agree with you. If I'm dropping the $$$, I'd much rather have the big G MAQ. Not only does he look phemonemal, he's a great character with motives and a personality. That said, the Sentinel MAQ turned out fantastic. There's no denying how great this piece looks. However, if I'm putting together an X-MEN display, there are numerous villains I'd add to my collection before I drop these kinds of $$$ on a Sentinel piece.

I think this would look relaly great with a Bowen collection

Yes. If I bought either the big G or Sentinel MAQ, it would definitely be displayed with my BD pieces. I think they would mix well together. More so than with other SSC PFs.

I like the standard head sculpt which looks very similar to the classic John Byrne style. I'm not that crazy about the alternate, more mechanical head though.

I don't think this compares very well with the Galactus Maquette. In fact I think it looks very plane and unimpressive when I compare it to the big G. Most certainly if you consider Gal was &799 and this is $899. Not worth the price hike.

Sentinels are cool and all, but I always just see them as massed produced mindless robots with no personality. I agree with you. If I'm dropping the $$$, I'd much rather have the big G MAQ. Not only does he look phemonemal, he's a great character with motives and a personality. That said, the Sentinel MAQ turned out fantastic. There's no denying how great this piece looks. However, if I'm putting together an X-MEN display, there are numerous villains I'd add to my collection before I drop these kinds of $$$ on a Sentinel piece.

I can see where you are coming from on waiting for other villians before dropping this kind of cash on a Sentinel. Once you get those villians, it might be a while before SS revists one (unless it is OE). Sure XM might come out with one but it will cost even more.

Back