SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd take ANY Jedi over stuff like Praji or Endor Rebels every day of the week... and twice on Sunday. :lecture

I'm just glad it's a completely new figure for SDCC. I wasn't looking forward to a alternate version of Obi-Wan or Palps. I can't wait for SDCC.

Thoughts?

cc08-AaylaSecura.jpg

That's a butchy aayla. Where's the Amy Allen one? :monkey2

Head is too big and her hands are too small. I'll order but I'll probably cancel. especially if its $85.

Yeah,does not look good at all.And what's with all these obscure figures SS keeps making?? I don't know,I may have had some interest in this figure if it looked better,nice huge SS head,again.Looks like another Ilum flop!

Another thing is,I think that there are some characters SS shouldn't put into
12" format.

:google Obscure??? Aayla? I wouldn't say that! She was so striking in the comics that George Lucas decided to put her in the movies and cartoons. She also has one of the more tragic death scenes in ROTS. She has far more time on screen than Santa Claus trooper or Praji.

My only gripe with this so far is the body (which, in turn, makes the head seem big). WHY couldn't Sideshow wait until they had a better female base body to do characters who show a lot of skin? Notice how the cloak is covering up most of her costume. I love Aayla, but this figure certainly isn't wowing me yet. I'll definitely order, based on my fondness for the character, but I think she's being released too early in the line and in a weird manor.

And what's with all these obscure figures SS keeps making??

In this instance, it's a P.C. move, as this thread shows, a fair number aren't going to care about missing out on her, thus those that get her can say yay I got the con exclusive and those who miss/pass and don't care can continue on and not care.

Wow, I'm shocked at how unpopular Aayla seems to be around here. She's probably my favorite prequel Jedi. :monkey1

:google Obscure??? Aayla? I wouldn't say that! She was so striking in the comics that George Lucas decided to put her in the movies and cartoons. She also has one of the more tragic death scenes in ROTS. She has far more time on screen than Santa Claus trooper or Praji.

If your job is to only be eye candy and a red shirt, "obscure" is pretty accurate.

Wow, I'm shocked at how unpopular Aayla seems to be around here. She's probably my favorite prequel Jedi. :monkey1

For me, it's not the character, it's the figure I'm in question. Done real well I'd be all over a figure of her, but there's some questionable aspects on this one, and depending on the price tag, they may be enough to pass.

Look she is obscure,and there's just too many of these Jedi figures being made and not enough of the armoured or even droids.I got Jedi coming out my ^^^^ing ears already!SS needs to learn variety.

That said,I might have been interested but just look at that freaking thing.It's hideous!

Last edited:
I cant believe this, I will be on vacation the day this goes up in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with no internet access. Would anyone here be willing to order me one if I gave them my info the day before. I was afraid something like this would happen.

But anyway I wish she looked a bit more feminine and hot but Im happy to be getting another Jedi.

I agree with shai and maulfan and others who are taking a critical view of this one.
First thing that came to mind when I saw the pic was Hasbro.:monkey2 I'd really like to have a figure of Aayla too but not one that looks like this and not at SS's new $90 pricing.
Maybe future pics will change my mind but they'd better be some dang good pics.:monkey1

cc08-AaylaSecura.jpg

Back