SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

So here's the end result. I think it turned out pretty good. Only thing that's slightly off is that the head is a slightly different shade of blue than the color I used for the body, but under my display lighting it isn't very noticeable. Overall I dig it, think it looks pretty awesome, and is a heck of a lot better than the body it came with.
10e95c6001030913ced0e1eec670c9b1.jpg
d6400089db7b1f5aadf1d8592204ee98.jpg
c542a137415c9a98896ee53a1e985a2a.jpg
2ff684c464568d5bbd3ca135f2b42f43.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now I may have to do this with mine. My biggest problem with this is just the body, the Og body especially the seams are just dreadful looking. And the size and proportions are just off

I don't blame them for not revisiting these characters. I wouldn't expect that they could get 2K-2.5K units sold honestly.

This is the S12D body, thanks!
c774118fbdf2ea6ff6a9143aa4de2b87.jpg

That looks so much better. The body and coloring look great! If a better proportioned head ever became available it would be perfect but just repainting that sculpt to match the body would look even better.

Body looks soo much better. I need to pull this one out and recheck the head size to see if I should try to update.

Looks way better in that light. What paint is being used?
Anyone tried liquid dye?

I often thought about cutting the lekku/headdress off and attaching it to a different head. I wonder if that would work.

I often thought about cutting the lekku/headdress off and attaching it to a different head. I wonder if that would work.
I was considering that as well, but it would definitely not be easy to do without damaging.

Looks way better in that light. What paint is being used?
Anyone tried liquid dye?
No you can't use that because it'll crack when posing. If you follow the link I posted a few posts back you'll find what to use. Oil pastels

No you can't use that because it'll crack when posing. If you follow the link I posted a few posts back you'll find what to use. Oil pastels

Obviously you need something that will permeate the silicone "pores" to deliver the pigment. I'm asking that instead of oil, could you use water and dye to submerge the body into to see if that dye will take. Not sure how the would crack, but I haven't done it, so.

Obviously you need something that will permeate the silicone "pores" to deliver the pigment. I'm asking that instead of oil, could you use water and dye to submerge the body into to see if that dye will take. Not sure how the would crack, but I haven't done it, so.
I believe it's been done becore actually but I don't think I could find any pics.

Someone suggested leather dye a while back to me and I picked some up on eBay after that conversation. I haven’t tried it yet but I will soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil pastels on a Phicen/TBleague S20 body turned out pretty good. Just get one of the larger packs of Oil Pastels so you have different ranges of blue. For me it came out a pretty good match with the head and hands. Definitely improved the Figure 10 fold.

Back