SDCC Cow-hand Luke Arrived!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

Man, this piece is sooooo much more impressive 'in the flesh' than in any of the pictures I've seen, no matter how good they are! The likeness is just spot on IMO!

Bring on Ex. Han!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana :banana :banana

Anyone know a good place to buy display cases in the UK? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :hat

Re: re

my replacement luke arrived. i've a couple of questions.

does the peg seem very tight and you have to really use force to push it down? is the tip of the left leg sticking out of the rock a little or is it well inside? does the whole foot rest nicely on the rock, i noticed there's some groove near the heel where it seems the feet is supposed to sit there.

The peg on my Luke went into the stand easily, and the foot is flush with the base. I have noticed, though, that 90% of the statues I have owned have the peg sticking up a bit, and some pegs fit while others are a PITA to get in. You got any pics? :)

Luke's left foot is not flush to the base (in mine). The top part is but the back part is not....oh well.

I am not risking finding another Luke with a good paint job....

OOPS! I better clarify. The left foot only rests a third on the base (on mine) and the right foot, with the peg, goes all the way in and is flush with the base. :)

I never would have noticed this if it weren't for this thread, but my Luke's left foot hovers over the base about 1/10 of a millimeter. Seems like there's a lot of range in how the legs are positioned on the different Lukes. I guess I should open my exclusive version to see how he stands...

sorry if i sound stupid, but yesterday i went to a frn's place and he had the regular luke. i noticed the binos are on his belt and i asked about it, he said it came as an accessory. but i looked at my exclusive luke and it looks like it's fixed perm on this palm? i dare not try to see if i could pull it out.

i thought the only difference was the poncho, hat and goggles. in regards to the right leg, my dad was able to use his strength and shove the peg in. now it's more or less flat on the base. and after doing this, it's no longer that tight at first. no more a virgin now... :naughty

i will get back with a pic of the left leg.

Yes, the binocs are permanently attached in the hand of the exclusive whereas they are loose on the regular version and intended to be hung from the belt.

Is there a difference in the sculpt of the right hand between the regular and the exclusive?

yes, now that i know the difference in the binos as mentioned above.

it seems the the regular luke's right hand is more like touching his thighs while the exclusive luke is holding the binos as if he's going to use it or have already used it and is resting. something like that i believe.

Got my Luke exclusive today (from wait list). Its my 1st 1/4 PF & I am well impressed. The packaging is much better than the LOTR statues - the sponge foam cut to shape is very professional & makes repacking easier.

The figure is a very good likeness & not over heavy on the makeup as some have reported. This item must not photograph that well cause it looks fantastic in person (& I am not the biggest Luke fan).

If Sideshow keep up the quality on the upcoming releases, this range will be the definitive Star Wars figure range. Expensive, but well worth it. Just put myself on the regular Han wait list & already got exclusive Vader & Ben ordered. I think I will collect the main OT figures till space / money runs out. Also got to get them in a glass / perspex case to preserve the cloth.

The figure is a very good likeness & not over heavy on the makeup as some have reported.

Like the LOTR polystones, there is a lot of variation on the paint application. I have seen three of these exclusive Lukes and two had been over painted as reported. Luckily I got one I'm VERY happy with! I guess so do you.

The only thing that bothers me about the piece is the two-tone boots... the color of the leg wrap part doesn't match as closely to the painted polystone foot part as the prototype showed. And I've yet to see one that does... including the regular version.

Aren't the leg wraps a seperate piece of clothing and shouldn't necessarily match the boots?

Aren't the leg wraps a seperate piece of clothing and shouldn't necessarily match the boots?

Gee... since BOTH the shoes from the original film AND the prototype closely matched (not EXACT, mind you but CLOSE) in color I would have hoped the final production would too.

Just cruise back to the those pre-order pix and you will see what I mean. Plus, I took TONS of pictures from the 2004 SDCC (I was VERY excited about the newly announced line)and the boots were perfect!

Besides, out of ALL the Tatooine Lukes that have EVER been made, this is the ONLY example where colors of the shoes and the wraps are SO different from each other.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this piece. I have the rest on pre-order. I just wish that this slight oversight was corrected. Has anybody done any customizing to get the boots more correctly colored?

I'm too scared to! :google

re

Has anybody done any customizing to get the boots more correctly colored?

Ohhh, blasphemy!!!! :p I raised this a while ago, and the reception I got was colder than a blast of liquid N2 on the nads!

Shouldn't be too difficult - some diluted paint....and if you mess up you can always bleach it back I guess.

Well, I just received my regular PF Luke as well. It's strange to see the original design after looking at the exclusive for the last few weeks. Am I crazy to keep them both or what? :google

His left foot rests a 1/4 inch to the left more than my exclusive, exposing the flat undetailed area in the sand where the foot is suppose to be. Oh well... I'm just happy I got another Luke with a really good paint job!

However, I have a question concerning the regular piece. (Perhaps I should start a new thread for this, but here goes...) I had a hard time putting the macrobinocs on his belt. I want to have his belt buckle in the middle but with the binocs there, I had to rotate the belt to the right to get them on the hook properly. As I was trying to do this it occured to me... it's this hook for his lightsaber? Sure at this time in the film, Kenobi had yet to give it to him. So I looked at the pictures I have of this scene and I noticed that the binocs look like they attach directly over the belt buckle. Has anybody else noticed this?

(On a side note: Now that ROTS is out, isn't it weird to think that the lightsaber that ole Ben so lovingly hands to Luke as a family heirloom is the SAME lightsaber used to slaughter innocent Jedi and younglings? "Gee thanks Ben... you could have clean the blood off before you gave it to me!")

Back