Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that hat is just a massive eyesore and looks cheap as hell. And also not sure why they have it sitting up so high. I'm going to have to do some major modding in order to get the thing fitting more like it should on him. And probably reshape the brim as well. Ugh.

MV5BODY3OTM3ODE0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQzMTM0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Yeah that hat is just a massive eyesore and looks cheap as hell. And also not sure why they have it sitting up so high. I'm going to have to do some major modding in order to get the thing fitting more like it should on him. And probably reshape the brim as well. Ugh.

View attachment 647424
Agreed. Why wouldn't the sculptor get a hot themselves and see it normally sits lower with less hair showing at the front ??

Just looks wrong to me.

Seems to be a common trend with hot toys cheaping out. They don't care about IP's that aren't Disney.

The hands look like the cheap hands you get with knock off bodies.
Yeah, it does feel like Hot Toys has a “B Squad” or whatever term you want to use who work on figures that aren’t Marvel, Star Wars, or sometimes DC.

View attachment 647424
I agree with you regarding the hat. Why did they sculpt it sitting so high? Also, a quick spray of Dullcoat would have helped remove some of that "plasticy" look.

It looks like they were going for the Hill Valley Festival scene. Which is probably why it looks better without the poncho.

I can see the complaints about the hat sitting too high. It doesn’t bother me super badly but ideally it would sit lower. Not sure if I would risk modding it myself and risk damaging the sculpt.

I do think it would probably help the likeness a bit, and also hide that weird flat hair on his forehead. Although if I'm going to mod mine I'd rather just find another Part 2 sculpt to use instead, as the likeness on that is far better.

Well, seems they’re great at charging for the shipping. Not so much at the actual shipping.

Also charged (from TGTBTR) but no Doc yet (which is probably a good thing after pre-ordering Blitzway's MJ).

These are coming FAR sooner than I expected (which for once, is rather annoying).

Marty’s status is now “preparing to ship”. Fingers crossed he goes out this evening. :pray:

Edit: “Shipped” :rock

Last edited:
Tried to follow their weird directions on how to use the magnets. Not entirely satisfied with how it looks. The poncho doesn’t have any real world weight to it so hangs a bit oddly. I think some people spray clothes like this with water to get them to hang properly?

Attachments

• IMG_8369.jpeg
    IMG_8369.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, the water treatment. However, it only really works to set it in one pose. You lay the material in the pose you want and let it dry. If the material is as awkward as you imply then you'll have to re-wet it and pose it again

It’s actually a pretty thin fabric but still a bit unwieldy. Perhaps it’ll be easier for those who have more experience with figure posing.

My firsthand impressions of this guy are actually much better than I had anticipated after seeing videos and previous images. I don't love how he looks in the jacket for some reason but I think he looks really great with the poncho on. I would have loved a different expression on this guy and it's a shame Hot Toys keeps marty looking sad/shocked in every iteration but this is a great addition.
361148643_816815813086389_8055072931817893513_n.png

Last edited:
Back