SDCC Cow-hand Luke Arrived!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

noelchiew, yeah, get a replacement. Mine slipped right in with no problems; however, Luke does swivel to the left about 2-3 inches even though the peg is all the way in. Not a big deal to me since it won't move unless I do it myself.

Gaz, thanks dood! It'll be a little expensive for you at first but totally worth it man. :D

I just got my Regular Luke today. It looks good except the hand floating over the knee is really bothering me. It's funny, because I always thought the right hand would be a problem but the left hand just looks strange floating out there. I didn't notice that on the Exclusive, but I don't have both on display at the moment to compare. Most of my stuff is packed up waiting for my impending move on Thursday.

I also got the Code 3 ANH plaque, which is pretty cool. It doesn't look good up close or compared to the regular poster art, but it should look OK hanging on the wall. The SW ones look much better than the LOTR ones. I think it's because the human likenesses aren't so prominently displayed.

I'm starting to put together a nice SW collection.

el, have you thought of tying some string/thread around the hand and leg to bring the hand down to the knee? I would think after a few months it would stay. Either that or just let gravity take care of it over time.

Congrats on your Code3 ANH sculpture aquisition too. I love these little pieces. It's a nice refreshing alternative to the regular flat posters; and, at $80, it's a steal! :)

re

Great to hear, El. :toast

From reading posts about this Luke figure, there doesn't seem to be anyone who's 100% happy with their purchase.:\ I decided to cancel mine...and may cancel the others I have on order. I have high hopes for the 12" line, and will no doubt buy a few though not all.

I am saving like crazy for the $1600 worth of Kong stuff coming later this year, on top of Code 3.:thud Thank god for the instalment plan.

I think there are lots of people 100% pleased with Luke, I know I am. My only problem is where the hell do I put him?

Luke always was the weakest of the line so far Jon.......I wouldn't cancel all based on Luke.

Yeah, I've always said that Luke is my least favorite, and right now I'm leaning towards keeping the Exclusive over the Regular. I was blown away by the Exclusive right out of the box, but not as much by the Regular. Maybe because I had seen it before? :lol

Kenobi, Vader, Han, and Grievous are all just about perfect. I would be 100% satisfied with Luke if he wasn't Jedi "floating hands."

Gaz, I think you see one of these in person before you write them off. I know they're expensive, but they're worth it, IMO. BTW, I saw your GG CW Maquettes on Ebay. I thought you loved those? I do and I can't wait for Wave 2. :rock

Mini-Rock, I just looked at your Luke pics, and yours looks much better than mine. Did you move the hands at the elbow since there is some limited movement there? I've managed to get them into a position I like, but they always move back. Maybe that combination of string/gravity is a good idea.

el:

No, I didn't have to move mine at all. When I removed the packaging around the hands, they fell right into place. I was actually very surprised when that happened. If I had gotten one that didn't though, I wouldn't mess with it at all by bending the arms using my hands. I'm too paranoid. I imagine over time that the left hand will fall into place though; and, if I got impatient, the string thing could work too. Hey! You got pics?

Well, my Luke has been sitting his is box patiently waiting to be taken out...So I finally did...

Pretty cool....I love the Microbinoculars in his hand rather than his belt! The poncho actually doesn't look that bad thrown over his right shoulder so you can see part of his belt and binocs...

I got a pretty good edition number too....

#28/500

No problems with my Luke at all. I absolutely love it. I have him displayed in an oak and glass display case my husband made, he looks awesome. His hand rests very nicely on his knee. I have taken pics but the flash makes him look garish. He does not look that way in natural light , especially in the display case. I am 100% satisfied with him.

Here's mine...I like it with the poncho thrown over...The belt is too cool not to see it!
:rock

Love the lipstick on Luke! :lol

I like the way you have that displayed, Sir T, with his poncho up. It looks like he just got done looking through his binocs. If you can, don't use the flash though. :)

Yeah, that was a quick pic on a table after I took him ou tof the box...I haven't decided where to put him yet...
I am in the midst of placing my LOTR collection (swords, etc...) and that is taking a lot longer than I thought....So my Sideshwo collection is having to wait until that stuff is finished before they get a solid place to stand for a while...

If you can, don't use the flash though.

I'm glad you knew what I was saying because after reading that part again, it seemed kinda rude. Hope I didn't offend. Anyway, great idea on displaying Luke like that, and thanks for the pic. :)

I got my regular Luke yesterday and opened him today. I was very impressed. I can't wait for more of this line to get released. I'd read some complaints about Luke's face looking like he had lipstick or eye shadow on, but mine didn't have any of those issues.

Mini Rock, what size case did you order for Luke? I still haven't decided if I want to get the same size case for each figure (excluding Grevious) or get a different size case based on the height of each figure.

re

Gaz, I think you see one of these in person before you write them off. I know they're expensive, but they're worth it, IMO. BTW, I saw your GG CW Maquettes on Ebay. I thought you loved those?

Oh, I'm not writing it off, I'm merely remarking that many collectors have received theirs with certain facial anomalies. :)

Yep, I do (did) love them...but sadly they became sacrificial lambs to fund something utterly mundane...my booklist for Year 2. :rolleyes

If like me a new semester beckons...money becomes tight. All I can say is, I relish the day I receive a paycheck again...but unfortunately that won't be anytime soon.

Sure I've bought some nice things, and will continue to buy select pieces...but I have to have a tight rein on my spending. :|

Life can be a @#%$ at times!

Back