SDCC Cobra Commander?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it for the SDCC Ex. It puts a figure out there that some will buy, like myself, but at the same time its not a figure that you have to have. Would I have rather seen a black CC? Of course, but I'm glad it is not a new figure at the same time. I also think people should look at the positive for this figure and not the negitive, and that is if you don't like it, you now have more money for ones you do like.

review.jpg

+
1993-02-13-7.jpg
=
cc09-reveal-26142_thumb.jpg

Any guess's at price idea? 89.99$??

Isn't Cobra Commander himself $99.99? I don't see the Con Exclusive being any cheaper....might even go $109 for Attendees and $119 for NAs depending on the "extras" Dusty was referring to.

I'm sure many of the people that will buy this don't know that it's a "lame" exclusive. I know nothing about the Joe mythos, I just buy them if they look cool. So I have no problem with Crimson Commander, especially if he has a different look to the standard CC other than just a color change.

Isn't Cobra Commander himself $99.99? I don't see the Con Exclusive being any cheaper....might even go $109 for Attendees and $119 for NAs depending on the "extras" Dusty was referring to.

I think it will be $99.99 for Attendees and $104.99 - $109.99 for NA.

I'm sure many of the people that will buy this don't know that it's a "lame" exclusive. I know nothing about the Joe mythos, I just buy them if they look cool. So I have no problem with Crimson Commander, especially if he has a different look to the standard CC other than just a color change.
Based on the one thumbnail, I think Sideshow CC he might actually look "better" in the red over the blue. But I am a big GI Joe fan, and collect the figures based on that. Not just because they look cool.

Ummmm, I think a feel a 'storm' brewing... what is it with forum boards and twisting info around? ;) It's like that game where you whisper into someone's ear and by the time it gets around 10 or so people, the entire meaning has changed :horror

My exact words were: "Crimson Commander is not ONLY a repaint, there's another goodie included that is quite cool" - singular ;)

Last edited:

That is exactly what it is. With another "goodie" included.

Ummmm, I think a feel a 'storm' brewing... what is it with forum boards and twisting info around? ;) It's like that game where you whisper into someone's ear and by the time it gets around 10 or so people, the entire meaning has changed :horror

My exact words were: "Crimson Commander is not ONLY a repaint, there's another goodie included that is quite cool" - singular ;)

If it's not a Blue helmeted head, theres no need for me order this.

Dusty whats kind of dumb about this situation is that CC is not even out. You'll get rare whores who will cancel the blue just to get the red in hopes of a lower ES. I really don't understand that as a good business move? Plus you're gonna have people dump this line cause of all the color variants so early on. Did Hasbro have a say on what you guys could do with the SDCC EX?

Dusty whats kind of dumb about this situation is that CC is not even out. You'll get rare whores who will cancel the blue just to get the red in hopes of a lower ES. I really don't understand that as a good business move? Plus you're gonna have people dump this line cause of all the color variants so early on. Did Hasbro have a say on what you guys could do with the SDCC EX?

Apologies, but as I posted in another thread: "I am not privy to reasoning behind why Sideshow releases characters and why in that order, etc, so please don't ask because I don't know!"

Sounds like a good question to submit to the Ask Sideshow thread that Dave is going to submit to the Powers That Be at Sideshow for Fantacular: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53746 (just a heads-up though, some questions can't be answered for various reasons, and questions are usually more likely to get answered if they don't have the words 'dumb' or 'whore' in them ;))

Did my post get deleted? FOR REAL?
If tampon jokes are wrong, I don't wanna be right.
I think that's about it for me........ :wave

So you are saying the throne is one sculpted piece. ;)

No offense but a blue helmeted head on a red body would look ridiculous. Not to mention including a change-o-head in a Con Exclusive that would be used on a standard release would be weak sauce.

Back