SDCC Anakin has light-up lightsaber?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hairlesswookiee said:
can you post some pictures of you taking apart the lightsaber please?? i plan on doing this to my anakin and luke once i see how its done from start to finish. and before i start this project i want to see how its done so i dont ruin any sabers.

look at the photos on page one by the chinese guy. it shows good photos of how he modded his sideshow anakin saber.

personally, i'd use hasbro sabers if i were you, or at least untill you are confident you can do this. just drill the saber out. if you can get the hole wide enough, the wires will just slide thru, just be careful, cause if you use a drill speed too high, the saber will start to melt.:chew

captain sack said:
just be careful, cause if you use a drill speed too high, the saber will start to melt.:chew

ouch now im starting to get scared. i would shoot myself if i melted my lightsaber.

:emperor :emperor

~~~so anyone got any extra Hasbro lightsabers sitting around??

@[email protected] guy!!!
post some photo to shown how to do it!
image1014.jpg

image1015.jpg

image1022.jpg

image1023.jpg

that looks great!

I guess you're in trouble if you want to display him without his saber though.

captain sack said:
look at the photos on page one by the chinese guy. it shows good photos of how he modded his sideshow anakin saber.

personally, i'd use hasbro sabers if i were you, or at least untill you are confident you can do this. just drill the saber out. if you can get the hole wide enough, the wires will just slide thru, just be careful, cause if you use a drill speed too high, the saber will start to melt.:chew

So when you say the wires slide right through are you also sliding the glass blade throught the saber as well? or do you take the plulg off the wires and then slide the wires through and then put them back into the plug?

bronco1855 said:
So when you say the wires slide right through are you also sliding the glass blade throught the saber as well? or do you take the plug off the wires and then slide the wires through and then put them back into the plug?

everything slides thru the bottom of the saber. you may or may not have to remove the rubber parts covering the wires. it just depends how much you hollowed out the hilt.

when you say "plug", i'm assuming you mean the part that plugs into the blue box? if so, i did not remove that.

thanks capt. hey what brand are yours? i got mine yesterday and they work great! however they don't seem as bright as yours

bronco1855 said:
thanks capt. hey what brand are yours? i got mine yesterday and they work great! however they don't seem as bright as yours

they are made by a company called "vastech". www.vastechinc.com

i get different degrees of brightness. they aren't all the same. i don't know why, but i fiddle around with different sockets and reposition the little wire running up the tube and that helps.

hi, heres my attempt thus far,the blades EL, and fitted to the sideshow hilt,it will be cordless,fully removable from the hand,just contacts on the hilt,and the hand, power source is in his chest .
48210e26.jpg

02f1fec7.jpg

nice job hurricane!!! man i hope mine turns out as good as some of these. i ordered my lights from newegg and they should be here on tuesday. anyone got any extra lightsaber hilts??

here are some more shots of my figures they are still fuzzy so i need to work on my photo skills!

anakinday2.jpg
[/IMG]
jediday.jpg
[/IMG]
anakindaywires.jpg
[/IMG]
duel.jpg
[/IMG]

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 did you use your sideshow lightsaber??? im still waiting for my lights to arrive in the mail. should be here on wed. or thurs. this weekend im gonna take a crack on this project.

Back