SDCC Anakin has light-up lightsaber?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, after breaking two perfectly good cathodes I think I have this down. First of all, I highly recommend the Vastech CCFL's because they are easier to remove from the acrylic tubes. I bought a generic brand that had sealer around the tube itself and I destroyed it trying to remove it. To remove the Vastech bulbs, I used a dremel with a cutting disc to cut through the acrylic cube and the bulb easily slid right out. I sheathed the bulb with clear styrene tubing which helps protect the bulb and wire but I cannot stress enough how delicate these tubes are and can easily be broken so use extreme care with working with them or displaying them. I broke my second bulb trying to insert it into the hilt and it snapped like a toothpick. I used the Hasbro hilts because the emitters necks were wider to hollow out then with an exacto cut along the back seam of the flexible plastic and inserted the cathode with the wires coming out of the backside and then ran the wires up the sleeve and out of the backside of the kimono. I absolutely LOVE these cathode sabers and it makes displaying these figures 100 times more awesome! :lsvader

Battle1.jpg
Anakin1.jpg
Anakin2.jpg
Obi-Wan2.jpg
Qui-Gon3.jpg

I broke my cathone within 5 minutes of having it out of the box! I should've read this whole thread first.

I thought the tube was plastic! Didn't realize its glass. Pliers don't work very well trying to seperate the ends!:lol

Back