SDCC Anakin has light-up lightsaber?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's a guy named Hurricane who's figured out how to conceal all the wires and power source. he even made a hand w/ a "plug in type outlet" so u just place the saber in the hand. no wires on the saber. i saw an Asian customiser do this same thing around Christmas but nobody could really figure out how he did it. as for saber fodder. i'd imagine u could get them on Ebay (or at least cheap hasbro figs w/ them). there's some custom 1/6 metal ones on ebay sometimes too but being metal, they may be harder to take apart. great thread!!!

JesseVader08, no worries, it's all good. I doubt anyone here is mad (and for anyone who is, CHILL!!!), but you know how stuff spreads like wildfire, and we fangirls and fanboys jump on ANYTHING that looks "cool"! :monkey5 :chew

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know. Welcome! (Oh, and welcome to Nataku, also!)

JesseVader08 said:
It was my mistake for reporting that and I'd like to apologize to you guys for the misleading info. We pride ourselves on accuracy of news at JediDefender.com and sadly I didn't live up to that this time. Once the error was discovered, we pulled the news down in hopes of preventing the spread of incorrect info. Hopefully you won't hold it against us.
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm always checking your site for SW info and you guys always seem to have cool news before a lot of other people. It's just that whenever we hear anything that has to do with Sideshow, we're all over it. They don't call us Freaks for nothing. :lol

Batty said:
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm always checking your site for SW info and you guys always seem to have cool news before a lot of other people. It's just that whenever we hear anything that has to do with Sideshow, we're all over it. They don't call us Freaks for nothing. :lol

:lol :lol
Exactly!

We can all wish it were true, though... It would be nice one day. :D

JustinLuck said:
A visible power source really takes a backseat when you see the effect of EL wire in person.

How about pics that we've been waiting for? almost as long as Dave Myatt's "water treatment" lol ;P

any luck on the tubing?

Last edited:
heres some pics of lit saber, anakin/vader (at the time these were made used high power leds,(medicom ROTJ vader i added lights/saber shown to) and the powersources were within the figures, and darth maul uses the EL method, but totally cordless,just two contacts on the hand,two on the saber....:chew .
maulebaysaber1.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

retouch6.jpg

a6e0d650.jpg

medicomfinal4.jpg

yeah, that Hurricane guy^^! hi Glenn! jeez, i'm just leading u into all the 1/6 forums.
that's my beeeautiful Maul up there!!:chew

Hurricane, it doesn't look like you are using High Brightness red wire for Maul. Nash, pics will come soon! But yes, I've had trouble finding suitable tubing. I ordered some from a special acrylics company, but the wall is still too thick at 1/16".

The maul used the high brightness stuff, but i wanted the powersouce within the figure,so it was a compramise 'tween brightness and 'in figure' power.It looks at lot better in person,my camera skills suck.:confused:

so my Maul had the brightest wire but now he doesn't?! i have some great glow in the dark paint that i've used on some sabers. it really does glow about that bright if put under a UV type bulb (natural light or florescent) and it comes in diff colors. i wonder if i painted a fine layer of red over the EL tubing, if the combined brightness of the paint and inner EL would make it brighter? probably just obscure the glow from the EL wire...

captain sack said:
please excuse the horrible photo, but these cold cathod tubes are freaking awesome!:chew

WOW....that's bright!! I wish I had the patience to make some light up sabers... I just suck hard when it comes to electronics.. I can't get anything to work.

Hell, blowing into my old NES when I was a kid was about as close to being an electronics repair guy! Funny how accomplished you felt when the thing finally worked....:lol

dont worry mookey, your maul uses the brightest EL wire.(youll be getting an email, on battery replacement etc, later)
Expect a custom Anakin with cordless EL saber within a week or so.:chew

captain sack said:
please excuse the horrible photo, but these cold cathode tubes are freaking awesome!:chew

Hey Captain so did you have to splice the wires? if so what did you use? im going to go look for some tubes today and want to know everything i need to do this. what size tube did you get and what else do i need besides the cold cathode? thanks

Back