SDCC Anakin has light-up lightsaber?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm just not looking correctly, but I cannot find any 6" CCTs on the coolerguys.com website. I purchased my CCT kits from www.vibelights.com if anyone is interested.

Now I just need to figure out what AC adapter I can use and what's the best way to make the connections to it. I've had them hooked up to my PC's power supply, but they cause my computer to lock up when I turn them on and off too many times.

Hi there. I went to my local computer market. None of them sell any 6 inches lights, only 12"....IS it safe to cut this thing in half?

Thanks!

no its not safe to cut it in half, the actual light tube is glass and will break if not too careful. its pretty easy to find the 6" lights on the web for about $5 so buy a couple if you can because they break pretty easy.you have to buy a 9volt battery lead that come in packs of 5 for about 5 or 6 bucks depending on where you get them.

LordAzrael said:
Don't those tubes normally run off a 12V PC power source - so it would actually be brighter if you got the Voltage right ?

that sounds right, but i was just following what the gentleman from the chinese forum did. they are really bright as is. i couldn't imagine them needing to be brighter, but i imagine all kinds of battery sources could be used.

melvinpelayo said:
Hi there. I went to my local computer market. None of them sell any 6 inches lights, only 12"....IS it safe to cut this thing in half?

Thanks!

sorry, but i laughed when i read this. imagine how it would be cutting a light bulb in half and trying to make it work. these things are really just long, small lightbulbs.:rotfl

be nice... for all he knew they could have been long glowing string or something (like EL wire) But now he knows they are lightbulbs :)

Ok, so I got my CCL last yesterday. I tried pulling out the lights, but then got the cube cut off and got it out. I hooked up the 9 volt, but hardly got any light. I soldered the 9 volts in place tonight and tried a light still in it's casing, and it barly lit. Did I break something? Does my battery suck? Do I leave the hair thin wire in place?

Help me Obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope!

Qrest Fourstar said:
Ok, so I got my CCL last yesterday. I tried pulling out the lights, but then got the cube cut off and got it out. I hooked up the 9 volt, but hardly got any light. I soldered the 9 volts in place tonight and tried a light still in it's casing, and it barly lit. Did I break something? Does my battery suck? Do I leave the hair thin wire in place?

Help me Obi wan kenobi, you're my only hope!

Sounds like you might have damaged your cathode. It either lights or doesn't light. If you are seeing partial lighting, I think something is damaged. Maybe you have a loose contact somewhere.

Actually, it was the battery! Bought some new energizers today and I could practically hear the SNAP HISS VMMMMMMMMM!

Dumb question, I have to leave the thin wire right? I didnt see it in any of the pictures.

bringing this thread back up, but from the pics, how do you connect the 9 volt lead to the blue cathod connector?

on this picture, how do you connect the 9 volt battery?

image0720.jpg

congerking said:
bringing this thread back up, but from the pics, how do you connect the 9 volt lead to the blue cathod connector?

on this picture, how do you connect the 9 volt battery?

I cut the wire between the connector and the inverter (i.e. not between the inverter and the cathode) and then just spliced it together. I'll get round to soldering it once I find a drill to hollow out the saber hilt.

that's a VERY well done lightsaber effect.
good job

I've seen lots of tuts but I just don't have any motivation to make one hehe
and everyone should all post pics of their lightsaber lighted up in a separate thread.
it
'd be nice to marvel at

LordAzrael said:
I cut the wire between the connector and the inverter (i.e. not between the inverter and the cathode) and then just spliced it together. I'll get round to soldering it once I find a drill to hollow out the saber hilt.

I'm going to Fry's today (Gigantic electronics store) to get a 9 volt lead....went to radio shack and they either didn't have it, or had no idea what i was talking about....so once I pick that up, I can be on my way...SO excitied.

sunohc said:
that's a VERY well done lightsaber effect.
good job

I've seen lots of tuts but I just don't have any motivation to make one hehe
and everyone should all post pics of their lightsaber lighted up in a separate thread.
it
'd be nice to marvel at

I'm looking forward to having a whole row of lit sabers! Anyone thinking of doing a Boc mod when Bib comes out. I'm thinking dual purple sabers would be cool. Unfortunately he has too many exposed joints... ;p

this is a far as ive taken it thus far, no boxes,no wires, the power cell is in his back, along with the inverter,the saber hilt has contacts on it that meet with ones in the palm of his hand, totally cordless cathode saber :D
d43b9fbd.jpg

i would sell those customs on ebay :D
or just the light saber.
you could easily crank some benjamins.
even me, as a customizer would be too lazy to construct the such . i'd just buy LOL :D

that looks almost perfect, like the 1:1 scale replicas

hurricane said:
this is a far as ive taken it thus far, no boxes,no wires, the power cell is in his back, along with the inverter,the saber hilt has contacts on it that meet with ones in the palm of his hand, totally cordless cathode saber :D
d43b9fbd.jpg

What do you use for the contacts ?

Back