SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, at what time does the con officially open? Going for my second time this year (first was in 2010) and I can't remember if it's 10AM or earlier. Badge pick-up starts at 8:30AM according to the e-mail I received, so does that mean the con starts then too?

The con officially opens on Preview Night (Wed. July 11) which has been 6-9pm in the past. I believe the exhibit hall doors opened at 9:30am last year Thurs.-Sun. but someone can correct me if this information is wrong.

I'm already here !! :D

"Waiting on you now. Let's go. Come on."
tony-stark.jpg

Only a waste if you're not looking forward to it.

True, but if you want to see other panels or do other things at cc, in such a small time span...you do have to waste time in line, just to compete for a seat.

Hope ya get front row.

I had an opportunity to get back into the con dropped in my lap today. I received a call from the organization telling me that an artist alley spot had opened up and if I wanted it. Unfortunately I had to decline, I've already spent a lot of money for the Chicago Con in Aug and the NY Con in Oct. Plus, trying to get a hotel this late in the game would be nearly impossible.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Is anyone able to pick up one of the Hasbro My Little Pony "Derpy Hooves" SDCC exclusive for my wife?

I was unable to get tickets this year (I live near San Bernardino) and would hate for her to miss it or have to pay scalper prices for it.

Screen-Shot-2012-06-01-at-4.27.08-PM.png

Last edited:
Firefly I am interested in knowing that as well.

Kibishii I'd be happy to grab her one, just pm your address and I will send my paypal info once it's acquired, packed and ready to go. I am hoping to do Hasbro on Thursday.

I need someone to snag the batman hallmark ornament for me

Maybe start a help thread =]

I only got a Friday ticket sadly, but by then a lot of the "sought after" stuff is bought out by the hoarders and flippers. Not sure if I can help?

Maybe start a help thread =]
I only got a Friday ticket sadly, but by then a lot of the "sought after" stuff is bought out by the hoarders and flippers. Not sure if I can help?
We usually go on Saturday and most of the EX are sold out by then. This year we were unable to get weekend tickets and I have to attend a core curriculum training during the week. It sucks to live two hours away and not be able to attend. :(

If you are going on Friday, you will most likely be able to get a lot of the stuff...the only thing that will probably be gone will be the Jinxx variant or other "chase" type exclusives. I usually pick up several of the GI Joe con exclusive figures for board members, but have never been able to get the variant.

Hasbro usually saves some to be released every day, though you probably have to wait in line to get a ticket to wait in line earlier.

Hasbro usually saves some to be released every day, though you probably have to wait in line to get a ticket to wait in line earlier.

Yeah, you have to wait in line to get a ticket for a line.

But I don't think vendors have to wait in any lines, thus the slim chance for any sought after item(s) you may want. Usually late in the cc hours, you can just walk up to the counter and get stuff.

Kibishii, I gotta go get my day badge first, by then my chances become null. Also, if there's a panel starting early that day and you want a seat....

Back