SDCC 2011 Preview Night Passes Already SOLD OUT?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
Re: SDCC 2011 Preview Night Passes Already SOLD OUT

Here some salt Jen...
salt.jpg

Can u pure a little more into my wound? I don't think there's enough in there. :mad:

:nana:

Who knew they would sell out during Con? I had a break and thought I would get them while I was there and not have to worry about it later.....

Don't mean to be pouring salt in anyone's wounds - I'm just as surprised as anyone.

I read someplace too that this may not be true but thats two articles saying so. We shall see.

Sadly, I would not be surprised if it was true. There were long lines to buy passes this year and considering all 4 day passes they were selling included preview night (there was no option to buy with or without preview night) it wouldn't take too long for them to sell 15,000.

G'damn it!!! That' friggin sucks. I knew I should have bought there.

damn, I really bummed now. I had a shot and didn't take it when I was there. Other people who didn't get to go didn't even have a shot.

Sadly, I would not be surprised if it was true. There were long lines to buy passes this year and considering all 4 day passes they were selling included preview night (there was no option to buy with or without preview night) it wouldn't take too long for them to sell 15,000.

It could be but I'm pretty sure there was more than 15k people there this year for PV night. I'll be curious to see how this effects Press Passes cause thats what I get and get into PV night.

It could be but I'm pretty sure there was more than 15k people there this year for PV night. I'll be curious to see how this effects Press Passes cause thats what I get and get into PV night.

I thought it felt like a lot more than 15K this year too. But definitely not as crowded as the year before. I doubt it will affect press passes at all.

There were long lines to buy passes this year and considering all 4 day passes they were selling included preview night (there was no option to buy with or without preview night) it wouldn't take too long for them to sell 15,000.

They should've given people the option. Now they sold tickets with preview night that might not get used and people who want them (like me) probably won't get to go to preview night. :monkey2

damn, I really bummed now. I had a shot and didn't take it when I was there. Other people who didn't get to go didn't even have a shot.

Con is selling out faster and faster every year.

Well there is nothing officially stated on the Comicon website yet....but I have seen several articles that are claiming the preview night is already sold out. I guess we will know for sure when Comicon updates their website.

not a good example to set if this is the final year and they wanna persuade them to keep it at san diego

I had a feeling I should have pre-registared for next year at the con this time. I highly doubt its only 15,000 and already sold out though. There was way more than 15,000 there this year. So unless they are really limiting it next year (and why really?) I don't think this is true. SDCC is crazy! Why reward only those that took the time to sign up for next year to get preview night? I was enjoying the con instead of standing in yet another line!

that is some bull____. I dont see why they would allow the tickets to sellout at the convention and not have some available online. I was planning on going to SDCC 2011 but I really waited a 4 day pass with preview night. SDCC just wanted the extra cash. We should contact them and complain. Open up some more spots.

I had a feeling I should have pre-registared for next year at the con this time. I highly doubt its only 15,000 and already sold out though. There was way more than 15,000 there this year. So unless they are really limiting it next year (and why really?) I don't think this is true. SDCC is crazy! Why reward only those that took the time to sign up for next year to get preview night? I was enjoying the con instead of standing in yet another line!

Well they always have them up for sale - I imagine with how quickly they sold out this year - more people wanted to be prepared and get theirs early. I know that's why I did.

This is from an interview with David Glanzer:

You guys have already announced that next year's Preview Night ticket packages are sold out for the time being. At this point, is it just a matter of knowing that all the tickets across the board are going to sell out eventually and the challenge is releasing them at a clip where people have the best chance at getting them while planning their summer?

I think so. That being said, it's possible that there may be some more Preview Night passes or packages available closer to the show. The one thing we try to do is make a lot of returned passes available to people because, not only do we want people to attend the show, but also because we don't want people buying off of internet auction sites. This year, as in the past, we saw people who bought stuff that wasn't valid. Barcodes that had been sold two or three times. If ever you hear of someone selling a "VIP Ticket," you know that doesn't exist. Tell your friends there's no such thing, because you'd be surprised at how many people sell those things. We had an issue this year with hotel rooms. There would be a company that would come out claiming they had room blocks of hotels and requesting people put a deposit down. Luckily, we were able to get on top of that. But there are challenges to putting on the show. We just ask that people check out website and get the information directly from us as opposed to somebody who's trying to sell you something.

Full article here:
https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27562

I thought it felt like a lot more than 15K this year too. But definitely not as crowded as the year before. I doubt it will affect press passes at all.

My guess is they've sold out for now but will open up more PV night items shortly.

This is from an interview with David Glanzer:

You guys have already announced that next year's Preview Night ticket packages are sold out for the time being. At this point, is it just a matter of knowing that all the tickets across the board are going to sell out eventually and the challenge is releasing them at a clip where people have the best chance at getting them while planning their summer?

I think so. That being said, it's possible that there may be some more Preview Night passes or packages available closer to the show. The one thing we try to do is make a lot of returned passes available to people because, not only do we want people to attend the show, but also because we don't want people buying off of internet auction sites. This year, as in the past, we saw people who bought stuff that wasn't valid. Barcodes that had been sold two or three times. If ever you hear of someone selling a "VIP Ticket," you know that doesn't exist. Tell your friends there's no such thing, because you'd be surprised at how many people sell those things. We had an issue this year with hotel rooms. There would be a company that would come out claiming they had room blocks of hotels and requesting people put a deposit down. Luckily, we were able to get on top of that. But there are challenges to putting on the show. We just ask that people check out website and get the information directly from us as opposed to somebody who's trying to sell you something.

Full article here:
https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27562

Yeah, like 2 weeks before the show. :slap If SDCC had nuts... I'd kick'em.

Back