Premium Format Savage Opress Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks awesome... and blows the Maul PF out of the water.

They need to do another Maul! :rock

I really think this is about as bad@-- as Sideshow gets.

Only thing better would be more dynamic poses and intricate sculpting but Sideshow usually keeps them museum and clean.

Yes flexpay is awesome I just flex pay stuff and don't even notice the deductions in my account. Then omg I got a statue delivered.

Lakhota is using his Speak and Spell

Exactly how I do it, I love the system. It's funny because sometimes the way my flex pays are set I'll get 2-3 figs/statues a month which makes it like an early xmas. I'll be getting both Prototype Boba and Wolffe next month. :rock

VERY well done statue for sure. But it's an easy pass for me because it would be so out of consistency with my movie collection. Any Clone Wars fans who have pieces to go with should definitely order it. No way for me, though.

VERY well done statue for sure. But it's an easy pass for me because it would be so out of consistency with my movie collection. Any Clone Wars fans who have pieces to go with should definitely order it. No way for me, though.

Definitely. Not a fan of the clone wars series Savage is from, in fact I wish it didn't exist, but this looks like one of, if not the, best star wars PF sideshow has made to date.

Ive never seen the animated series but I really like the look of this pf. Ive pre-ordered it, thank god for flex pay :)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

This looks awesome... and blows the Maul PF out of the water.

They need to do another Maul! :rock

I think the chicken leg maul blows this one away. But it is better than the first maul which was kind of a smaller PF. Even the storm trooper, boba fett, vader and even aurora sing a female was was much bigger than that Darth maul. The mythos maul and vader would have been a great PF! This one in my opinion is better than the first maul but not close to the chicken leg badass maul.

Unordered this as I am starting a collection of sith villains, even though I only have malgus right now. I did not order it from SSC as I wanted to avoid the NRD. I there any reason, aside from the reward points, to order directly from SSC?

The only other reason I would order through SSC is to get the EX of whatever the product is.
Otherwise I order elsewhere.

Definitely. Not a fan of the clone wars series Savage is from, in fact I wish it didn't exist, but this looks like one of, if not the, best star wars PF sideshow has made to date.

I don't know how you guys can do it. Like, just stick to the movies like that. The EU actually makes me enjoy the movies even more because I'm way more interested in all the other things out in that galaxy now. There are just so many cool characters or creatures from the EU I'd be too tempted to buy. I'd cave. Even if I just had Mauls, Vaders, and Fetts, I'd see this Savage and probably be unable to resist putting it next to my Maul. Or Asajj Ventress (she's incredibly hard to resist as well). If SS ever did a dynamic looking Embo on the level of this Savage, forget it. Or a badass Starkiller with his dual lightsabers? I'd be in heaven. So many other characters have really grown on me.

So let me ask you guys this question. If you stick to mostly movie PF's or statues, which EU character has been your biggest temptation to fall off the wagon?

I don't know how you guys can do it. Like, just stick to the movies like that. The EU actually makes me enjoy the movies even more because I'm way more interested in all the other things out in that galaxy now. There are just so many cool characters or creatures from the EU I'd be too tempted to buy. I'd cave. Even if I just had Mauls, Vaders, and Fetts, I'd see this Savage and probably be unable to resist putting it next to my Maul. Or Asajj Ventress (she's incredibly hard to resist as well). If SS ever did a dynamic looking Embo on the level of this Savage, forget it. Or a badass Starkiller with his dual lightsabers? I'd be in heaven. So many other characters have really grown on me.

So let me ask you guys this question. If you stick to mostly movie PF's or statues, which EU character has been your biggest temptation to fall off the wagon?

Oh no I'm a huge EU fan. I'd argue the biggest EU fan here. I love the cohesiveness of the franchise. There are contradictions but for the most part lucasfilm has kept thousands of years of cannon together into one long flowing universe filled with amazing places and characters. How many franchises as big as Star Wars have done that? None. My Ventress PF is my favorite piece. She got me into collecting and she's my favorite Star Wars character. Her story in the Dark Horse Clone Wars series is my favorite star wars story ever told and that's the version the PF is based on. The reason I said I wish the Clone Wars didn't exist was because it disrespects the rest of the franchise and willfully changes character's stories and overrides the previous ones which were usually better because they weren't, you know, aimed at kids (They also never wrapped up her story where as the Dark Horse ending for the character was absolutely perfect for her in every way). But it looks like now that they are gutting the EU the TV show will take precedence and my favorite Star Wars story will be, or I guess it already was, retconned for an inferior one. I love some storylines in the series (Krell and the Citadel stand out in my head at the moment) but Filoni and Lucas' destroying of other's work when it could have easily avoided in a franchise known for its cohesive canon infuriates me to no end. It really hadn't been done before. It happens often throughout the series, but like I said, what they did to Ventress upsets me the most. Her appearance in the series is a complete distortion of her character in every way, even basic appearance.

And what is even more upsetting is that since the PF every Ventress piece sideshow has made has been in the appearance of the awful cartoon version. Pieces of mine that would be a dream to own were so close to existing but never did. I would have been the happiest human alive if I could have a life size Ventress bust in my collection. It would be my dream piece. But they did the so called "Ventress" I hate instead.

The worst thing is that the discarding of the original Asajj Ventress' story means that we'll likely never see it adapted into a better format. The comic format limits the depth of the storytelling, but the concept had so much potential. Her story and some other Clone Wars Novels adapted into film could make one kick *** clone wars trilogy whose story would blow the prequels out of the water and, if done right, could make some Star Wars films equal in quality to the Empire Strikes Back or better, and could compete for critical success with modern films like The Dark Knight Trilogy.

But instead Disney will gut the EU to make their life a little easier and likely do all of the fan pleasing possible. I get ignoring the later post ROTJ material to make new films with the old crew, but the rest of the EU should remain in tact.

Most likely all of the "spinoff" films that aren't part of the main trilogies will be Boba Fett, and Han, and all of the same old same old. Those characters are great and I sure as heck want to see Disney do films and what not about them, but I also want them to be brave and try new things. How about my example of using some of the clone wars stories? Main stream film goers don't know anything about it and adapting the basic story line into film would knock them out of their seats. But we probably won't see anything like that, no matter what era or stories. I doubt we'll see anything brave or innovative.

So I adore the EU. I love some of the EU more than the films. But I hate the Clone Wars because the creative people behind it were disrespectful to the franchise they were working on which is bigger than all of them. That's why I said I wish it didn't exist. I used all of the information about Ventress just to make it clear how passionate I am about the EU and the universe of Star Wars in its entirety. So I'm with you, I don't get people who ride off the EU. There's a lot of crap in there but there's also a lot of great stuff. People are so excited about the new films, and I am to, but they act like they haven't had Star Wars content available to them that whole time. If you want a good Star Wars story there's plenty out there!

Last edited:
I totally agree with you, I would love for all the old characters that we know to be seen in the first installment of the new Star Wars and then we go somewhere else with entirely different atmosphere characters creatures and start all over with a great new Story. One thing I did not like about the prequels is how everybody bumped into one another in a huge galaxy, I was waiting for a baby Han Solo to pop up. New generation new story, it might even be cool is to tell a story before the prequels and have Luke Skywalker narrating it.

Lakhota is using his Speak and Spell

Oh no I'm a huge EU fan. I'd argue the biggest EU fan here. I love the cohesiveness of the franchise. There are contradictions but for the most part lucasfilm has kept thousands of years of cannon together into one long flowing universe filled with amazing places and characters. How many franchises as big as Star Wars have done that? None. My Ventress PF is my favorite piece. She got me into collecting and she's my favorite Star Wars character. Her story in the Dark Horse Clone Wars series is my favorite star wars story ever told and that's the version the PF is based on. The reason I said I wish the Clone Wars didn't exist was because it disrespects the rest of the franchise and willfully changes character's stories and overrides the previous ones which were usually better because they weren't, you know, aimed at kids (They also never wrapped up her story where as the Dark Horse ending for the character was absolutely perfect for her in every way). But it looks like now that they are gutting the EU the TV show will take precedence and my favorite Star Wars story will be, or I guess it already was, retconned for an inferior one. I love some storylines in the series (Krell and the Citadel stand out in my head at the moment) but Filoni and Lucas' destroying of other's work when it could have easily avoided in a franchise known for its cohesive canon infuriates me to no end. It really hadn't been done before. It happens often throughout the series, but like I said, what they did to Ventress upsets me the most. Her appearance in the series is a complete distortion of her character in every way, even basic appearance.

And what is even more upsetting is that since the PF every Ventress piece sideshow has made has been in the appearance of the awful cartoon version. Pieces of mine that would be a dream to own were so close to existing but never did. I would have been the happiest human alive if I could have a life size Ventress bust in my collection. It would be my dream piece. But they did the so called "Ventress" I hate instead.

The worst thing is that the discarding of the original Asajj Ventress' story means that we'll likely never see it adapted into a better format. The comic format limits the depth of the storytelling, but the concept had so much potential. Her story and some other Clone Wars Novels adapted into film could make one kick *** clone wars trilogy whose story would blow the prequels out of the water and, if done right, could make some Star Wars films equal in quality to the Empire Strikes Back or better, and could compete for critical success with modern films like The Dark Knight Trilogy.

But instead Disney will gut the EU to make their life a little easier and likely do all of the fan pleasing possible. I get ignoring the later post ROTJ material to make new films with the old crew, but the rest of the EU should remain in tact.

Most likely all of the "spinoff" films that aren't part of the main trilogies will be Boba Fett, and Han, and all of the same old same old. Those characters are great and I sure as heck want to see Disney do films and what not about them, but I also want them to be brave and try new things. How about my example of using some of the clone wars stories? Main stream film goers don't know anything about it and adapting the basic story line into film would knock them out of their seats. But we probably won't see anything like that, no matter what era or stories. I doubt we'll see anything brave or innovative.

So I adore the EU. I love some of the EU more than the films. But I hate the Clone Wars because the creative people behind it were disrespectful to the franchise they were working on which is bigger than all of them. That's why I said I wish it didn't exist. I used all of the information about Ventress just to make it clear how passionate I am about the EU and the universe of Star Wars in its entirety. So I'm with you, I don't get people who ride off the EU. There's a lot of crap in there but there's also a lot of great stuff. People are so excited about the new films, and I am to, but they act like they haven't had Star Wars content available to them that whole time. If you want a good Star Wars story there's plenty out there!

Yeah, if there are people who probably are justified in feeling like theur favorite characters got hosed I'd say ventress and grevious fans have the biggest case. I never really got into the books and comics because there was just so much I didnt know a good place to jump in, but I thought Ventress was far more creepy/interesting in the micro series. The newer cgi show I felt started her off okay but than the whole witch and bounty hunter thing I just didnt really get into. At that point the less I saw of her the better.

Grevious is too cowardly in the newer clone wars but was overpowered in the old ones in my opinion. The movie made you look weaker too so I dont know where the happy medium is with him.

There are things that I **** and dislike about each series. I like the vision of the microseries and think it was a very ambitious cartoon and stylized for fun like an anime. But the new one I like the visuals more, the voice acting, and the real sense of battle. The clones actually can be useful rather than just get killed by anything in the 2003 one (unless you are an ARC).

Not sure how I feel about Durge. As a bounty hunter he makes Boba Fett look so powerless.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This looks ok, but to me it does not seem to be enough for a 400.00 price tag. I just do t see much added parts to this statue. It looks really simple. At these high prices I will wait until release to buy one. With no ex I'm sure this one I can find later on for around 325.00 to 350.00 shipped.

CBG strikes again -brain explodes-. Come on brother CBG, 400 is a fair price for this. Badass light up saber and base lights up too!

Don't low ball the awesomeness of this.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I hope this Bi%ch sells OUT SOON.

As usual, Sideshow will let this gather as much preorders as possible, then as those preorders start slowing down significantly or as the release date draws near, they'll announce the ES to boost preorder sales again. This seems to be the business formula they use for their in-house projects.

I love the EU, in some ways more than the movies. They're more adult and have much more interesting characters. Plus, Lucas isn't as involved so that's always a plus. Bring on more EU!!!

This statue is looking very nice. Not a big fan of the clone wars cartoon and don't really know much about the character, so I am going to give this one a pass. Nevertheless, this piece has a good pose, killer base and awesome finish on the metallic armour ascents. Congrats on those who are getting it, and condolences on the delay :(

Back