Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else think that Sauron will make an 'appearance' in one or both of the Hobbit films? I think so...if by flashback once more to the Prologue...to sort of set things up as they did in FOTR. If so, that help with sales as well.

Personally, I am on the side of folks that think the SSW statue is great and probably enough for me...until I see this thing. there are alot of arguments going about what it will be made of, how tall it will be, what it will cost, etc. Suffice it to say, it will cost over $500 EASY and more likely in the $1000 range. Comparing it to the other massive PF out there (Biker Scout), you can easily see this thing retailing for close to $1000-$1200 based on production costs, inflation, and detailing.

If we all use simple logic here...and in truth...we WANT this thing to cost $500 but LOOK like it cost $1000.

I'm really excited about this though I know the price for this will be well over 1k. There's no way a 1/4 Sauron will be in the $500 range. Heck the Weta piece was $300 for it's size. But I hope Sideshow proves me wrong and makes it affordable. :(

Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper PF....$800 :lecture

I assume by real cloth you are referring to the cape....the only piece of cloth on the entire statue. :lecture

Maybe a light up base, maybe a light up ring, maybe real metal....I see alot of maybe's so far, but that's about it. Now it's my turn...maybe you're wrong and it won't feature any of these things. :lecture

Are we talkiing about the 1:2 scale Iron Man and the 1:2 scale T-800 Endoskeleton...neither of which was produced by SS? Surely you're aware the Legacy [Iron Man] usually charges a fortune for their products and HCG [T-800] isn't much better. Surely you are also aware the Iron Man statue has been available for almost two years now and the T-800 has been sitting around for over 5 years now! Considering both of these characters are more popular than Sauron just how many years do you think SS wants to have a pile of Sauron's taking up space on their warehouse? And again, why are you comparing products from different licences?....unless you are aware of the licencing agreements SS has with these individual companies any comparisons are meaningless. :slap

Speeder bike was nice...but Quality?...If I recall the biker was as light as Boba Fett...For that price Sauron would have to be same quality as Boba Fett...Many bashed the piece...I liked it..but apart from the base it's light as a feather...Bottom line we will see what happens in regards to the Sauron piece

Last edited:
Anyone else think that Sauron will make an 'appearance' in one or both of the Hobbit films? I think so...if by flashback once more to the Prologue...to sort of set things up as they did in FOTR. If so, that help with sales as well.

Personally, I am on the side of folks that think the SSW statue is great and probably enough for me...until I see this thing. there are alot of arguments going about what it will be made of, how tall it will be, what it will cost, etc. Suffice it to say, it will cost over $500 EASY and more likely in the $1000 range. Comparing it to the other massive PF out there (Biker Scout), you can easily see this thing retailing for close to $1000-$1200 based on production costs, inflation, and detailing.

If we all use simple logic here...and in truth...we WANT this thing to cost $500 but LOOK like it cost $1000.

If Sauron makes a appearance(Glimpse maybe)...It will be in spirit form...I could see the Nazgul in the Hobbit...All this takes place in Dol Guldur in Mirkwood..It's where Sauron lived before going back to Mordor...Saruman,Gandalf and the rest of the White Council(wizards) chase Sauron from Dol Guldur and back to Mordor...I would just love to see that scene in the Hobbit...I hope each film is 3 hours and that Jackson Encompasses all that he can from the book...even just the stuff that was implied...Can't wait

Last edited:

There's no doubt the SSW version is an excellent statue. If not for the 'chicken' legs and wonky head [that has caused many to despair! :gah:] it's pretty well as good as it gets....and it doesn't hurt that it's still available below retail cost either. With such a good, and inexpensive version of Sauron already available....SS is really going to have to hit this one out of the park if they expect collectors to part with the kind of money necessary to own the PF version......this should be very interesting, and I am really looking forward to seeing what SS has planned.

There's no doubt the SSW version is an excellent statue. If not for the 'chicken' legs and wonky head [that has caused many to despair! :gah:] it's pretty well as good as it gets....and it doesn't hurt that it's still available below retail cost either. With such a good, and inexpensive version of Sauron already available....SS is really going to have to hit this one out of the park if they expect collectors to part with the kind of money necessary to own the PF version......this should be very interesting, and I am really looking forward to seeing what SS has planned.

Good post...yes They must make this in my opinion a cinemaquette type quality with all the extras ...ES no more than 1000...But cost will be high IMHO for that quality...The purists like myself will grab it and it will sell out in time if this turns out to be the best Sauron made...I too have no problem with the 1/6 SSW piece...great value and impressive...es was way too high though 9500 I think...but they sold them all.....REMEMBER...THIS IS THE EMPEROR OF MIDDLE EARTH and the WITCH KING IS VADER...IMPORTANT PIECES...This piece has to be on the money...but it will cost!...This in my opinion too will include an exclusive...I have no doubt in my mind about that...I would love the Shards of Narsil or the Spear of Gil-Galad as part of that...I am getting hyped about this piece in every respect and would pay or sell my stuff to get it...But I would like Cinemaquette quality...even for a 1500 + price tag...to get Boba Fett quality for 800-1000...I would feel somewhat cheated

Last edited:
Lets stay away from cinemaquette anything to be honest with this type of piece or most of us will never be able to get it. The armor can be polystone with the mace a light piece of metal. Keep the ES in or around 1000-1500 max and that will make it great quality and affordable enough.

Good post...yes They must make this in my opinion a cinemaquette type quality with all the extras ...ES no more than 1000...But cost will be high IMHO for that quality...The purists like myself will grab it and it will sell out in time if this turns out to be the best Sauron made...I too have no problem with the 1/6 SSW piece...great value and impressive...es was way too high though 9500 I think...but they sold them all.....

Lets stay away from cinemaquette anything to be honest with this type of piece or most of us will never be able to get it. The armor can be polystone with the mace a light piece of metal. Keep the ES in or around 1000-1500 max and that will make it great quality and affordable enough.

:lol I don't mind Cinemaquette quality, at least where their 'creatures' are concerned, but I don't want to see Cinemaquette prices.....:lecture

REMEMBER...THIS IS THE EMPEROR OF MIDDLE EARTH and the WITCH KING IS VADER...IMPORTANT PIECES...This piece has to be on the money...but it will cost!...This in my opinion too will include an exclusive...I have no doubt in my mind about that...I would love the Shards of Narsil or the Spear of Gil-Galad as part of that...I am getting hyped about this piece in every respect and would pay or sell my stuff to get it...But I would like Cinemaquette quality...even for a 1500 + price tag...to get Boba Fett quality for 800-1000...I would feel somewhat cheated

You've really gone out on a limb with that prediction....considering not only do we know there will be an excl., we already know what it is.....:lol

Last edited:
Back