Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Sauron

I don't know, that might be the lamest Marvel villain I've ever seen. A pterodactyl.....really! :lol I've got to give Marvel an A+ when it comes to the originality of the name though.....oh wait! :monkey3 :lol

I'm expecting a price range between $800 to $1000.

The PF would have to blow me away, causing me to sell off the SS/Weta Sauron, as well as several other pieces (for me to afford it) in order for me to replace the venerable SS/Weta Sauron statue.

I do like the idea of a lighted ring and perhaps one leg stepping forward, with the shards of Narsil crushed underneath.

I prefer a more classic pose but can envision his body being very slightly bent forward and down, Mace held up by his left hand and his right arm extended as if reaching for Isildur.

Sort of like this?

sauronGAMESWORKSHOP-cb57565.gif

Heck...they could even do an Isildur accompaniment like they did with the Ringwraiths Dio and Frodo.
Geb

Holy ____. A Sauron PF! Bought! I have a feeling this will have to be Flexed but I can't wait!

interested to see how it turns out for sure. I'm more eager to see a Saruman in PF form, but hey anything LOTR related I'm totally fine with :)

I'm expecting a price range between $800 to $1000.

The PF would have to blow me away, causing me to sell off the SS/Weta Sauron, as well as several other pieces (for me to afford it) in order for me to replace the venerable SS/Weta Sauron statue.

I do like the idea of a lighted ring and perhaps one leg stepping forward, with the shards of Narsil crushed underneath.

I prefer a more classic pose but can envision his body being very slightly bent forward and down, Mace held up by his left hand and his right arm extended as if reaching for Isildur.

I can't speak for the rest of the pose, but it doesn't appear as though you're going to get you're wish concerning the positioning of the mace....at least not if Jerry's artwork is true to the actual statue.

Stease4.jpg

interested to see how it turns out for sure. I'm more eager to see a Saruman in PF form, but hey anything LOTR related I'm totally fine with :)

Considering the fact both Sauron and Saruman are scheduled for 2012 you won't have to wait long.

Pose wise not knowing what Jerry has done I wouldn't mind see him holding the Palantir. You see him doing that briefly in ROTK when Aragorn reveals himself that would be quite cool to have.

Considering the fact both Sauron and Saruman are scheduled for 2012 you won't have to wait long.
:yess:

i didn't know Saruman was already schedule! :rock

Pose wise not knowing what Jerry has done I wouldn't mind see him holding the Palantir. You see him doing that briefly in ROTK when Aragorn reveals himself that would be quite cool to have.

I think the Palantir pose may be suited better for Saruman as possibly an exclusive for alternate display like so

Saruman_holding_a_Palantir.JPG

Yes, I am very excited to see how the Saruman PF shapes up...he's one of my most-wanted...and will likely be my first baddie! :rock :rock :rock

...Oh, and I'm also curious to see how the Sauron figure shapes up, although I think it will be out of my price range I'm afraid. :monkey1

The Palantir is pretty essential to Saruman, but I think the pose where he is atop Orthanc and conjuring the storms to waylay the Fellowship from crossing Caradhras would be pretty cool, too.

:yess:

i didn't know Saruman was already schedule! :rock

I think the Palantir pose may be suited better for Saruman as possibly an exclusive for alternate display like so

Saruman_holding_a_Palantir.JPG

Here you go. :)

Monday, January 10th, 2011

Question : Is there any possibility of a Sauron Premium Format and/or a Saruman? I was unfortunate enough to miss all of your previous Sauron products because I just recently discovered Sideshow.

Answer : Yup. Saruman and Sauron have just officially graduated from the candidate list to the confirmed, planned, product line-up for 2012. We’ll be collaborating with Jerry Vanderstelt on Sauron, who may or may not end up “officially” in the PF classification, but will be BIG.

The Palantir is pretty essential to Saruman, but I think the pose where he is atop Orthanc and conjuring the storms to waylay the Fellowship from crossing Caradhras would be pretty cool, too.

Agreed. I can't imagine SS producing a Saruman PF without a light-up Palantir. :nono

Just reading through that last 'Ask Sideshow' question again about Sauron and Saruman in 2012, it begs the question as to when are we going to see some good guys again in the PF range?

So we've got the RWOS PF this year (hopefully), then Sauron and Saruman in 2012, and as much as i'm down for baddies, we're desperately in need of some more goodies (preferably fellowship members). And if those timings are right, we're tied up for another year with bad guys.

I think it was said that the initial plan with the maquette line coming in that it would start with good guys/gals and the premium formats with bad guys. Then I would expect it to flip at somepoint.

Just reading through that last 'Ask Sideshow' question again about Sauron and Saruman in 2012, it begs the question as to when are we going to see some good guys again in the PF range?
So we've got the RWOS PF this year (hopefully), then Sauron and Saruman in 2012, and as much as i'm down for baddies, we're desperately in need of some more goodies (preferably fellowship members). And if those timings are right, we're tied up for another year with bad guys.

Josh is right, this was brought up in a recent Q&A. I suspect we're going to see a 'flip' in 2013 with the PF line returning to good guys and the maquette line primarily focussing on baddies. :)

Thursday, June 10th, 2010

Question : The conceptual art for your new LOTR maquettes looks amazing, but I couldn’t help but notice there were no “bad guys” shown. Can we expect a full range of baddies as well?

Answer : We are well into sculpture or beyond for the first six or so LOTR statues already. The design and development process for that range is independent of our efforts for the Premium Format line (different coordinators, and typically different sculpture talents). Suspiciously, the statue line is currently focused on heroes, and the PF line is focused on villains – perhaps that will reverse in the next year or so.

Last edited:
Back