Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based upon what I know, this Sauron is going to be an Ultimate collector piece, and the pose was worked out to look as cool as possible at every angle, and is based upon the environment/scenery I put Sauron in.

JV

Hmm, i dunno, sounds a bit canon to me. Sauron didn't stand on the skulls of High Elven warriors ;)

I don't think he'll be that much I really don't. I think it will be much closer 500-600 range based just on other pieces from other lines. Now, could it be in that much higher range but I don't know.

It is true that SS's PF pricing has remained amazingly consistant over the years and perhaps I am overestimating. Since we're looking at a timeframe of at least a year away it's really anyone's guess at the moment, though we may at least get a slightly better idea later this summer with the arrival of the RWOS. :dunno

I like how you're saying this could cost 500, 600, 800, 1000, when that's what you reckon Rivendell will cost! :lol

This should be a good-looking PF, but i already have a perfectly good Sauron, so for that reason, i'm out.

It's a motto I live by, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. In my book it's better to be pleasantly surprised than to be shocked or disappointed. :lecture :lol

Based upon what I know, this Sauron is going to be an Ultimate collector piece, and the pose was worked out to look as cool as possible at every angle, and is based upon the environment/scenery I put Sauron in.

JV

I cannot help but remember the words of Gandalf when he said : "There is only one master of the ring...and he does not share power!" I know it's just speculation on my part, but perhaps Gandalf was referring to the PF. :monkey3

It is true that SS's PF pricing has remained amazingly consistant over the years and perhaps I am overestimating. Since we're looking at a timeframe of at least a year away it's really anyone's guess at the moment, though we may at least get a slightly better idea later this summer with the arrival of the RWOS. :dunno

Well, I'm just thinking compared to other pieces in that 1k price range they've made. They are really really hard to make Optimus Prime type or have that and light up features. Should be interesting to see however it plays out.

Yay! The first question i've ever had directly answered! :lol

So happy to hear it will in fact be Premium Format based and not a maquette (although i'm sure we'll see a maquette in the future).

The statue with Jerry's print behind it: centrepiece indeed! :rock:rock

Well, I would venture to guess the body/armor is gonna be highly detailed polystone with a fabric cape. Maybe metal for his mace. If they go metal all over then this thing will be priced beyond virtually all of us.

Yay! The first question i've ever had directly answered! :lol

So happy to hear it will in fact be Premium Format based and not a maquette (although i'm sure we'll see a maquette in the future).

The statue with Jerry's print behind it: centrepiece indeed! :rock:rock

Congrats Anubis! :lol At first, I actually thought it was one of the numerous questions [on the exact same subject] i'd sent to SS myself. Agreed, having Jerry's artwork attached to this project is definitely a plus.

I am both happy and sad at the same time. I promised myself I would stop spending inordinate amounts of cash on collectibles but this is going to be spectacular I think. :yess: :thud:

PS. For reference sake, the Scout Trooper on Speeder was $800 a couple years ago and this will probably be more detailed?

Cool! He was always a nifty character.

223063-35093-sauron_super.jpg

Storm is looking pretty hot there!:monkey3

Do we know what the exclusive will be (rumor)? Is it just a print of the art work by Jerry or will there be something else as well?

Do we know what the exclusive will be (rumor)? Is it just a print of the art work by Jerry or will there be something else as well?

That, we don't know....yet. Though I have to say Dino's idea of a light-up ring would make for a spectacular excl.

I'm pretty sure Sauron is gonna be a mix of maquette and PF fitting both lines.

There's no doubt Sauron will be comprised almost exclusively of polystone, just as in the cases of the Gollum and Berserker PF's, but I think the sheer size of this thing will preclude it from ever being able to 'fit' somewhere within both the maquette and PF lines. Besides, SS has already stated be will eventually see a Sauron maquette...somewhere down the road.

There's no doubt Sauron will be comprised almost exclusively of polystone, just as in the cases of the Gollum and Berserker PF's, but I think the sheer size of this thing will preclude it from ever being able to 'fit' somewhere within both the maquette and PF lines. Besides, SS has already stated be will eventually see a Sauron maquette...somewhere down the road.

Yes, the size will be bigger than the other maquettes but so was the SSW statue for that matter. I thought in the Q&A regarding Sauron that it was pretty much hinted at by SS that this would be a duel line type of piece.

Don't ____ up the pose.

That is all.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Please keep it a non-action pose. I don't want a "Battle of the Last Alliance" pose in PF...

While fantastic news (an actual cloth cape would be pretty cool), the best pose I can think of is the one that SSW already did for their polystone statue...mace in one hand, ring on the finger of the other hand extended forward.

Now find a way to have a working One Ring that switches on and I'll be ecstatic. :wink1:

That would be very cool. I always wished for the same on the SS/Weta piece.

Sounds great, as long as it is not the same people who thought the Morgul Lord pose was 'cool'.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I can easily see Sauron being comprised almost exclusively of PVC, similar to what was done with the Boba Fett PF, especially because of the huge size. The base could be the only part made of Polystone. Cloth cape and metal weapons would round out the "PF" materials. Plus having it made of hollow plastic would allow easier access to any "lighted" features, such as the ring, as well as keep shipping costs from being exhorbitant.

Back