Sauron Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldie but goodie.

Fantastic statue and in my opinion, one of a few pieces that I would never get rid of, regardless of ES.

I remember following the development of this piece, too. Wasn't it something like 2 years in development?

Here's one I took with my old camera a long time ago. Probably should take shots with my new one this summer.

Sauron1-2.jpg

What does this piece go for now? Saw a friend's today and he said it weighs over 50 lbs. It's very nice. I am contemplating getting this one day.

What does this piece go for now? Saw a friend's today and he said it weighs over 50 lbs. It's very nice. I am contemplating getting this one day.

Saw one go on the bay for around £360 the other week. Course prices in the UK are more than the states but still this is a significant leap from the £220's of several months back.

This has turned into my grail piece, but i'm still just waiting it out hoping that I can find one for a decent price one day. Why didn't I buy one when they were going for less than retail :monkey2:monkey2:banghead

This has turned into my grail piece, but i'm still just waiting it out hoping that I can find one for a decent price one day. Why didn't I buy one when they were going for less than retail :monkey2:monkey2:banghead

2 years ago I bought a sauron statue off ebay for about 220 bucks including the shipping. You'll find one for a reasonable price. THe trick is find bids that are 2-3 days not a week. Those are where you find good deals.

I would put it behind the RWOS, G/SF and the CT - but only because of the chicken legs.

Yeah but it's like someone posted on the board a while ago, if the Balrog and Sauron had switched ed. sizes and exclusivity etc, would everyone be saying Sauron is better than the Balrog? :dunno

Yeah but it's like someone posted on the board a while ago, if the Balrog and Sauron had switched ed. sizes and exclusivity etc, would everyone be saying Sauron is better than the Balrog? :dunno

I own the Balrog and owned the Sauron and I can categorically say that IMO the Balrog is the better statue :) For me the ES has nothing to do with the likebility of a statue :dunno

I own the Balrog and owned the Sauron and I can categorically say that IMO the Balrog is the better statue :) For me the ES has nothing to do with the likebility of a statue :dunno

:wave

Ok, fair enough :) I've never seen the balrog in person either, so I'll believe you. :D But i'm still set on getting Sauron though, as i'm 99% sure i'll never own the balrog, and IMO, sauron is just a bit more iconic.

Ok, fair enough :) I've never seen the balrog in person either, so I'll believe you. :D But i'm still set on getting Sauron though, as i'm 99% sure i'll never own the balrog, and IMO, sauron is just a bit more iconic.

Fair enough :) Sauron will prolly be more easy to pick up :rock But the Rog will always be my favourite...Love the ugly brute :rock :lol

The Balrog was my first SS purchase and I've got Sauron too. While ES does matter to me, I'm torn as to which one I like better. They each exude their own special brand of just plain brute evil :balrog

Back