Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still my sandtrooper gold standard! (altho this helmet is pretty bad too...look at those lenses haha)

Still my sandtrooper gold standard! (altho this helmet is pretty bad too...look at those lenses haha)

Attakus wasn't good at accuracy either: Stormtrooper and Santrooper helmets are fugly, Emperor looks like Pizza the Hutt, TIE Pilot chestbox is huuugee. But Attakus has some superb museum stances that make up for the weird sculpts (Vader 1, Stormie, TIE Pilot, the Sandie above etc.). Still they also had some weird poses: Fett shooting for birds, the (other) dancing Sandie etc. But I like the ones I own. :)

And that's the problem... The Stormtrooper PF itself had its issues with the long faced Hero helmet (not to mention the short leg and weird pose), but the Sandtrooper should be a Stunt helmet.

Oh I know this would have been an instant purchase had they nailed the helmet. I'm crossing my fingers Hot Toys does a 1/4 scale figure.

Might have bought this if it had a high brow trim like a couple of the sandtroopers in the film, as it would match my RS Props lid.

Won't buy this though. Now we know why the first preview had his back turned :lol

I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about(hero vs stunt helmet) Lol. This preview looks like a Sandtrooper to me. :) I can't believe how detailed you guys are about this stuff!

I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about(hero vs stunt helmet) Lol. This preview looks like a Sandtrooper to me. :) I can't believe how detailed you guys are about this stuff!

This could help:

Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper Comparisons

Sandtrooper - Stormtrooper differences.jpg

Hi Alex, is this something that will ever change or is it clear that the EU is off limits for good?

Although it's off limits now doesn't necessarily mean it's for good. Licensors restrict and un-restrict things within their licenses from time to time.

-SideshowAlex

Although it's off limits now doesn't necessarily mean it's for good. Licensors restrict and un-restrict things within their licenses from time to time.

-SideshowAlex

in other words.. if from now on characters won't be used in future films, comics, novels...etc... those characters are not happening. in other other words.. those characters has to have a future appearance to pop up in any kind of format BEFORE there are chances they will see the light of day as a statue, correct ?

in other words.. if from now on characters won't be used in future films, comics, novels...etc... those characters are not happening. in other other words.. those characters has to have a future appearance to pop up in any kind of format BEFORE there are chances they will see the light of day as a statue, correct ?

That's moreso how it currently works. That doesn't mean that at some point down the road it changes though. Characters, etc. restrictions as they are today could always be lifted in the future. It's up to the licensor and whatever they ultimately choose to do with their universe and how it's represented in the product world.

-SideshowALex

-SideshowAlex

Alex, is that crazy rumor true that Sideshow is supposedly not allowed to make solo versions of some 1:4 scale small characters like Yoda, Ewoks, and Jawas because of certain licensing restrictions? I keep hearing it from other collectors but I don't think I've ever seen a confirmation from sideshow. I could be wrong of course since I did absolutely no research prior to asking this just now lol.

It must be true to some degree since a 1:4 scale Yoda is like printing money for sideshow. It's one one there most popular characters out there and is quite shocking that he hasn't been reproduced in 1:4 scale yet.

I know more people like the lower (angrier) brow, but EVERYONE does it. I hope the SE is a swappable helmet with a raised brow. That would be an instant purchase if there was.

looking forward to the reveal.. its today right ?

Back