Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it poetic that Star Wars fervor is at an all time high and the two major companies with the rights to make high end collectibles for the franchise (Sideshow/EFX) can't seem to get products out. I don't mean to sound like I'm whining (though, admittedly that's kind of what I'm doing) but as someone who solely collects Star Wars stuff the fun has been just about sucked out of the hobby for me. Not in the sense that I don't still love my collection (even as it sits in storage :monkey2) but in the sense that I rarely, if ever, have anything to look forward to. I miss admiring all of the beautiful new products and scrambling to put the money together so I could afford the ones I wanted. Yeah, there's older stuff I'm still after. But it's sort of comparable to the films. Yeah, the classics are great, but new experiences are what get us all really excited again.

:goodpost:I am totally with you on this! The lack of new releases has really taken the fun out of collecting.

Thanks for saving me money Sideshow. Happy for those who want this in their collection. What about legendary scale Vader? Pipe dream there for sure.

Without a great Vader PF I'm not dipping my toes into the Star Wars PF line. I need to dump my Stormtrooper PF eventually and focus on either the McQuarrie line and/or the 1:6 line.

I'm not 100% sold on the new Vader PF pose, but it does look better in the con videos than the Sideshow site photos. I think it'll end up being either a sleeper hit or an outright success if they work out a light up feature for the base. The McQuarrie pieces are gorgeous but the price point is pushing it, even with the switch-out options. They'll probably still sell-out and I'll regret not getting them, just like with the Mythos statues.

Keeping up with DC pf line for me is enough. I am afraid to even begin buying SW pf. If hit toys dies more 1/4 scale besides Fett, will do that line instead.

I sure do long for the days of $300 statues and a variety that supported characters like Darth Talon, Aurra Sing and Aayla Secura, among others. We're struggling to even get a Vader and Fett within a calendar year (or two) from announcement. At the price point, it is probably best as I couldn't support the volume Sideshow once produced if it were at today's prices...

I would like to thank sideshow for slowin down on starwars pfs.. Saved me some money for other stuffs [emoji4]

Instagram: soysith

So with only 2 more reveals to go, does anyone think we'll see anything Star Wars PF related or are they still too far away from "solicitation"?

So with only 2 more reveals to go, does anyone think we'll see anything Star Wars PF related or are they still too far away from "solicitation"?

No chance... its Star Wars .. the biggest two words in the last 2 years now... so doubt Sideshow understand that and bring another Star Wars PF for a reveal ...

although I would LOVE to see another SW reveal !!!

Hmm, I really like this. Standing, museum type poses are what all of my current PFs are. Haven't gotten a stormtrooper because of his squatting knee bent action pose. Might like this instead.

Question is, how many people were clamoring for a sandtrooper PF? There can't be that many trooper completists.

Hmm, I really like this. Standing, museum type poses are what all of my current PFs are. Haven't gotten a stormtrooper because of his squatting knee bent action pose. Might like this instead.

Question is, how many people were clamoring for a sandtrooper PF? There can't be that many trooper completists.

the sandtrooper is one of the must haves for many collectors. I would take him over any clone from the prequels or any trooper from the new movie.

the sandtrooper is one of the must haves for many collectors. I would take him over any clone from the prequels or any trooper from the new movie.

THIS .. I always loved the Sandtrooper... I loved always ALL TATTOINE related tbh :D :D

The thing that kills me is they announce the figure year(s) before it is available. By the time it gets here, I've lost interest.

The thing that kills me is they announce the figure year(s) before it is available. By the time it gets here, I've lost interest.

Yeah, it`s insane that between the first mention and the final shipping (three years? :impatient: and two years from preorder to the doorstep incl. the half a year of normal SSC delays) , a woman could technically give birth to two or three babys!!! :thud:

Sandtrooper ordered as a proud bachelor and delievered to a stressed father of three kids...aka Sideshow`s marathon pregnancy!! :rotfl

For now i will go the upcoming Gentle Giant 1:6 Statue as i love the walking "on patrol" pose and GG`s Storm/Sandtrooper helmet sculpts had been always
of the best out there...

Back