Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I heard from Sideshow is that whatever they revealing is way more close to the Pre-ORder then before.. whats absolutely ok with me

What I heard from Sideshow is that whatever they revealing is way more close to the Pre-ORder then before.. whats absolutely ok with me

Totally OK with me, too, but question is why does SS have so little Star Wars PF products ready for order? Artistic delays? More approvals? Not enough dedicated resources?

well thats the question right ?? :lol

I see that the alien, dark phoenix..capt Marvel and more are going (or went) up already for PO..and all been in the 12 days of xmas .. that brings hope that we will see the Sandtrooper going up for PO very soon as well :)

Last edited:
We are now in mid-March... this guy is supposed to go up soon! Looking forward to the reveal even though I may not get him.

I asked Alex in the other forum if we were still on track for this guy... awaiting a response.

SSAlex said it should be up by end of March... Hopefully, it's on track but I agree, SS hasn't exactly been firing this line off on all cylinders...

SSAlex said it should be up by end of March... Hopefully, it's on track but I agree, SS hasn't exactly been firing this line off on all cylinders...

So strange considering that Star Wars is at the height of its popularity now.

SS hasn't exactly been firing this line off on all cylinders...

Sideshow Igo just posted this on statueforum regarding Star Wars PF's:

Anyone who thinks the lack of Star Wars PF produced by us is by design - ie, we're ignoring it, is mislead by (shocking) assuming the worst.

Design and development time cant just stop on a dime and change direction on the spot, the ship is huge, lots of components to it, and we cant just REACT like spazzes. Over the last 2 years in particular, Star Wars (Lucasfilm) has been a crazy ever changing landscape for us that's different almost day to day...

Hot Toys getting the license, specific BIG GROUPS of characters being off limits after we were already approved on designs or already in development, our contract being renewed overlapping with the new movie stuff was probably the worst timing ever (totally coincidence) and the new movie stuff being the most hard-core NDA stuff we've ever dealt with, etc, etc, etc...

So, lots of aspects to this equation. Star Wars hasnt been slow on purpose for us, a lot of it was unfortunate timing, if not most of it.

We have a slew of stuff coming out, between the Sandtrooper, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, and others I cant remember if we announced yet or not, so there's stuff coming...

Does anyone really want another Darth Maul PF? Or Jango Fett?

Jango Fett is a must have for me. I have the first maul, but will take the new one too.

Having said that, we need more OT goodness. I want characters they've never done before - Lando would top that list for me, followed by the bounty hunters and the remaining OT troopers.

Back