Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics from Taiwanese fan aloneliu-

7ac8ca01a7.jpg

This scope looks VERY FRAGILE!

Im sure it is, i made a custom 1 for a koto sandie and it was a bugger to get it to stay happy. Im sure its sturdy enough as long as its not bashed about. If i get 1 and its not straight i will pop it in hot water and gently reshape it.

Iso-propyl alcohol works well. I have found that it removes the top layer of paint with a few rubs without taking away the white base layer on the armor. For application of the alcohol, I recommend the cosmetic type Q-tips with the coned tips for enhanced precision.

I just try and sorry, no go here. I used 70% iso-propyl alcohol. :sick

I just try and sorry, no go here. I used 70% iso-propyl alcohol. :sick

Acetone. It's gotta be acetone. But be VERY careful, because it'll wipe the painted stripes on the helmet (and maybe the black trim and the paint on the eyes) off as well if you get too close.

Use just a little at a time, on a Q-tip, and wipe off the loose paint as you go, or it will smear around and dry right away. But acetone is the way to go for sure!

EDIT: I've done this on Marmits, where the plastic is un-painted white. I don't have any SS troopers, so for all I know it could be white paint on black plastic (or whatever) so you better try it on someplace obscure, like his back where it's hidden by the backpack.

Sorry for off topic again. I tried GUNZE paint solvent to remove weathering. It work for sand weathering but no for thick brown mark on chest and legs. And from what I've seen, SS apply weathering directly on plastic. No white base coat here.
For those who don't want to bother with whole figure repainting, just rub some weathering from his middle torso armor and it look much better.

Last edited:
I have not visited the forum for a couple of days, am surprise noone else received this figure?:)

Here are a couple pics of mine, of course it has been repainted alredy. The SSC one is on the right.

sandie1.JPG

sandie5.JPG

sandie4.JPG

Paint apps aside, its a great figure.

Excellent repaint, Chakaman. :rock

This has to be the worst proto to production paint apps change since ROTS Anakin. Too bad. Other than that he looks really nice.

Theres 3 sandies in all.

Sandtroopers wore colored pauldrons as a designation of rank. A sandtrooper sergeant's pauldron was white, while an enlisted trooper's pauldron was all black. Squad leaders, who led units of seven troopers, wore orange shoulder pauldrons.

Back