Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention far better and far cheaper than the medicom version.

I agree with you there!, just would love to see something that looks closer to what the Marmits look like but, obviously updated using better materials and body.

Great looking figure, like all the attention to detail.

That long rifle looks awesome!

Gonna need a new weathering job, but that will be fun.:D

Well done Sideshow!

How tight is this body?

So far every armour body I've had has been so loose the figures can't stand unaided. Or hold a gun up without the arm sagging.

I've had 5 troopers so far...

Interested to see if there is any improvement here, my benchmark is the medicom RAH body. While I don't like how fragile it is, it will hold a pose and stand unaided indefinitely.

Sideshows body needs to equal that to really compete (IMHO)

Great looking pics! Not crazy about the weathering, but overall the figure looks amazing.

I just received my second Flex-pay charge. I'm hoping to get a shipping notice by tonight. :chew

002uc.jpg

sandtrooper.jpg

I was awed, when i first saw the prototype... guess I will be cancelling as well. I just can't get pass the weathering, its pretty badly done. The prototype had soft and subtle sand weathering. Sand on helm, legs, arms were spread evenly, whereas the production had major patches of sand on him...... felt as if it was christmas and he had a snow fight on tatooine...

I guess SS would be trying to cut down on their production cost, comparing both the final and proto, it would take a longer time to paint the proto than the final.

Roy, thanks for posting the first retail images so quickly.

Last edited:
I'm such a weirdo. To be honest it pisses me off that the weathering looks nothing like the proto but at the same time it's so easy and fun to add the weathering myself.... it has me hopeful that many collectors are willing to part with theirs on the cheap.

I have to agree that I'm not too happy with the final production piece either. I still like it enough to keep it, but I ordered it 100% because of how great it looked in the original pics. I mean were not just talking about an ever so slight variation, it's pretty major. I'm hoping maybe it won't be as much of an issue once I see it in person.

OK. Not comparing it to anything else. Taking it for what it is. The paint apps suck.

I agree with the comment about not weathering it at all. At least those of us who are happy to paint it ourselves don't need to strip off the factory doo doo first!

Everyone else gets a decent looking, reasonably priced, clean trooper.

HOWEVER... Why is it so hard for Sideshow to get decent weathering effects? Since the unveiling of the piece at CC everyone has been going, "Ahh, doesn't look as good as the Proto pics..." It's not like they haven't had time to look into it and say OK let's knock it back a couple of months and get this sorted.
I'd much rather have waited a bit longer and be getting somehting like the proto figure through the post rather than ending up going, Meh. It's OK.

There not HT prices.
But they ain't cheap either.
This just looks cheap and like Sideshow said, Ha! those suckers will buy it whatever it looks like, why should we bother improving it?

Not a happy bunny!

OK. Not comparing it to anything else. Taking it for what it is. The paint apps suck.

I agree with the comment about not weathering it at all. At least those of us who are happy to paint it ourselves don't need to strip off the factory doo doo first!

Everyone else gets a decent looking, reasonably priced, clean trooper.

HOWEVER... Why is it so hard for Sideshow to get decent weathering effects? Since the unveiling of the piece at CC everyone has been going, "Ahh, doesn't look as good as the Proto pics..." It's not like they haven't had time to look into it and say OK let's knock it back a couple of months and get this sorted.
I'd much rather have waited a bit longer and be getting somehting like the proto figure through the post rather than ending up going, Meh. It's OK.

There not HT prices.
But they ain't cheap either.
This just looks cheap and like Sideshow said, Ha! those suckers will buy it whatever it looks like, why should we bother improving it?

Not a happy bunny!

I do look forward to weathering this myself, when I finally do get it....

Looks as if they only used one color of paint for the weathering. I'd bet it would look a thousand times better with a coat of an almost sand-like color and then even a lighter tone on top of that.... of course stripping it down to bare white first would be best.

just keeping the one (he'll be riding my Dewback), but I may get another one if they release 2nd version... which seems like a lock.

When mine arrives, I plan on using some paint thinner (Very LIGHT amount) to try and loosen up the dirt...All the while trying not to disturb the base paint. If all else fails, I'll just repaint the entire figure and use pastels to do the weathering. I also think the figure and weathering looks good as is and much better than Marmit or Medicom versions, but I really enjoy the modeling aspect of 1/6 collecting. I cannot wait to enhance this already awesome figure.

Back