SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flex Pay people don't get the notices, I know they can ship differently because of payment schedules, but especially for ones that don't come here, I'd think it'd be a nice thing to know it's coming.

Re: Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

Guys, similarly, this thread wasn't created by Roy to start a comparison between the various sandies available, but to discuss and have a first up close look at the actual SS sandtrooper, available now in Taiwan/HK.

I did had thoughts about modifying the weathering on my own, but like most suggestions so far, the brown patches could be broken up by thinner/isop. But then again it might not work and I would have to end up weathering the entire trooper.

Another way is to grab the backpack, rifle and other accessories of the sandie online.. most likely from HK ebayers and upgrade a current stormie -> sandie. Though not sure if it's going to cost more than the sandie or noticabily cheaper.

Because this is a great figure, which you're just using as a springboard for your Marmit worship that we've all heard more times than we need to. You can't simply let appreciation for a Sideshow trooper to pass without your dismissal of it. It's gotten old, and it serves no purpose other than puff up your self-inflated pretentiousness.

If I think the Marmit looks like crap, that is my prerogative. I don't care if one particular aspect of it is screen accurate. The figure is weaker than Sideshow's without extensive modification, it costs more, and it's 12 years old.

Join the rest of us and get over yourself. Or go elsewhere. You're rude and obnoxious and have shown no capacity to control your temper when people don't agree with you. Grow up.

Punk. :monkey1

:lecture Seriously...if you don't like the Sideshow one, fine, we really don't care.

Just quit. telling. us. over. and .over. again. :banghead

Go play with your Marmits and leave everyone else alone. Can we see more pictures now? :joy

...but there's no way it looked like that out of the box.

Actually, it looks exactly like that out of the box. I've got three, and they're terrific.

Having said that, of course I modded them extensively; but now I would far rather have a squad of SS ones (with decent articulation and amazingly detailed weapons) that I could re-paint.

Actually, it looks exactly like that out of the box. I've got three, and they're terrific.

Having said that, of course I modded them extensively; but now I would far rather have a squad of SS ones (with decent articulation and amazingly detailed weapons) that I could re-paint.

And there it is. :clap:clap:clap

Re: Comparing the Sandtroopers (Sideshow, Marmit, Medi & more(

keeping track of 3 sandtrooper threads=no fun

seems like our sandtroopers are already raising a massive sand storm even before they arrive at our doorsteps!

i have 2 sandtroopers on pre-order and i can't wait to add them to my trooper collection.

An example of how upset the wheathering paint job was done:

005jp.jpg

To me, its linear lines like wheathering method of Gundam model then wheathering of the real deal...

It is strange to see something that could be painted sloppily to have a more mechanical style to it. One of the nice things about do it yourself weathering is that you don't have to be a skilled painter to pull it off. The skilled ones get even better results, but any amateur can do it, could even do it by accident :lol

mmm. looks like this be my first major go at painting, I'll thin out the stuff in the crevices and add some to helmet & shoes. Glenn Fett what possibly could you do with 2 Exclusives :p

I might tone down the paint in the crevices too. It's the only issue I have. The subtle weathering on the helmet and feet is more in line with how the prototype looked, but I think the darkness of the body weathering is creating a contrast that makes those areas look cleaner.

Can't tell until it's in hand though. There could be some variation in the browns from figure to figure.

I'm sure this will be something else Val-far will whine about or if it was mentioned already then continue to whine about.

Should be in the SS warehouse anytime now! Looking forward to adding this Bad Boy to the collection. I do wonder down the road if one of the two other Sandtroopers will wind up in a set w/ a Dewback??

Last edited:
I'm sure this will be something else Val-far will whine about or if it was mentioned already then continue to whine about.

Should be in the SS warehouse anytime now! Looking forward to adding this Bad Boy to the collection. I do wonder down the road if one of the two other Sandtroopers will wind up in a set w/ a Dewback??

I'm certain MF will be on top of it if he does...

And there it is. :clap:clap:clap
But that's just the difference between then and now; for 10+ (?) years Marmit was the undisputed King of the Sandtrooper world, and I still think that despite the crummy articulation, the armor looks every bit as good (especially the helmet) as SS. The paint job, however, sucked big time, making SS's disapointing production apps look pretty good in comparision.

Why did the one Arnax posted look so much different than the other one that was posted?

Fuzzy pics, but I'd say that he must have repainted it. It looks much more blended and subtle.

Back