SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics from TW

20091006_437558aa8f2b28f9eef2Kf8cXTrDqQrL.jpg

1 pic is blurry, the other is over exposed and it's not the same figure.
A bit to early to have final judgement me thinks

Then start a new thread. :wave

Anyhoo, I think he looks good. I too had to cancel mine. After paying $55 for the first flexpay too. :banghead

Pix, you should have stuck with it and sold it afterwards. Taking a $55 dollar hit was brutal. :sick

I cancelled mine as well. I may be pretty much out of the line. Pricing is just too high for me. Funds end up going to other things. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up next year for considerably less.

I'm just going to wait for the inevitable orange-pauldron version myself. More iconic, imo.

Pix, you should have stuck with it and sold it afterwards. Taking a $55 dollar hit was brutal. :sick
But if you cancel, you don't lose the $55 that you've already paid, do you? Isn't there just a cancellation fee? Or do they do things differently for figures?

Anyway, I think I may cancel as well. It's not that it looks bad, really, but for this price I'm not sure it's something I really need to be buying right now. I can always pick it up later on the secondary market for a lot less.

Comparing the Sandtroopers (Sideshow, Marmit, Medi & more(

To me, its real simple. You charge Hot Toys prices, you should have Hot Toys level of detail, paint apps, accessories....

I mean after several Stormie iterations, the helmet mics still look like giant, silver buttons...come one SS - put up or shut up!!

** off to gym to work of my negative energy***

Re: Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

To me, its real simple. You charge Hot Toys prices, you should have Hot Toys level of detail, paint apps, accessories....

I mean after several Stormie iterations, the helmet mics still look like giant, silver buttons...come one SS - put up or shut up!!

** off to gym to work of my negative energy***

But they're not charging HotToys prices. Star Wars from HT would cost around $180. :dunno

But they're not charging HotToys prices. Star Wars from HT would cost around $180. :dunno

Even a Jedi in robes would run close to 150 through HT. While we pay around 70-80 from SS. Too many people compare apples to oranges when doing the whole HT v SS thing. A Sandtrooper might run 120, close to lower end HT figs price wise, but that's an upper end SS fig and still not as much as a POTA fig, for example.

Even a Jedi in robes would run close to 150 through HT. While we pay around 70-80 from SS. Too many people compare apples to oranges when doing the whole HT v SS thing. A Sandtrooper might run 120, close to lower end HT figs price wise, but that's an upper end SS fig and still not as much as a POTA fig, for example.

That's my point. It seems people are ridiculously comparing prices when doing the gay SSC vs. HT scenario. A HT Sandtrooper would easily come in at around $180 with LFL licensing fees. Seems people are too incompetent to realize this and instead, compare it to other, less significant licenses or non-licensed HT products, or as in Justin's case, HT products he snipes off of ebaY. :duh:duh:duh Sure, they can argue away that the pieces are getting too expensive and in their own option, aren't worth the cost, but DON'T compare them to HT prices. :lol

When mine arrives, I plan on using some paint thinner (Very LIGHT amount) to try and loosen up the dirt...All the while trying not to disturb the base paint. If all else fails, I'll just repaint the entire figure and use pastels to do the weathering. I also think the figure and weathering looks good as is and much better than Marmit or Medicom versions, but I really enjoy the modeling aspect of 1/6 collecting. I cannot wait to enhance this already awesome figure.

:duh:duh:duh sorry..you need a hammer for thinking such rubbish, mod it all you want..it will never come close to looking like a Marmit(which is most accurate looking to the film). I am not looking to start a debate here..just watch the movie..look at a pic of SS's and then Marmit..or just compare movie shots to the figures..if you can't see the glaring screw job on the SS helmet then..forget it. lol!.

I will say, the Medicom is pretty crap looking..considering it has a ROTJ stylish helmet(which was never seen on screen in Sandtrooper gear) Medicom got lazy and really should have made a entirely new mold for an ANH Stunt helmet(with raised brow)..same for SS, they should have made adjustments to the helmet mold to make it look more like it does in ANH..why incorporate all these little details into the armour and such but, not see that the helmet is killing the figures look overall?, i wonder if they even had screen shots from ANH when developing their Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers.

Last edited:

The best Sandtrooper so far.
3255522277_5be1ff39b7.jpg

If you can't agree that this is the most accurate looking Sandtrooper we have got yet, then you need a full Bronson.lol!

Yea sure, the blaster is cheaper looking, blah blah its 12 years old BTW?..blah blah..it looks way better!!..that is all.

Dont like the molded belt and the armor looks cheaper on that either but its pretty nice.

Dont like the molded belt and the armor looks cheaper on that either but its pretty nice.

Take a look at the calf armor in the Marmit pic, then look at your SS Stormies huge fat ass calfs, then go dig up a screen cap of a stormtrooper..you will see that Marmit got this right, as its supposed to have a more form fit.

Haha nevermind..I take it you were strictly talking about the SS Sandtrooper...or were you? lol.

I hear ya man, no debate here. I own a Marmit. I guess I should have been more clear...The Marmit helmet is superior to all others, and my repainted Marmit will still look better than the Sideshow version side by side. I just think the design of Sideshow's armor is pretty cool, and effort was made to make it somewhat realistic and not a single-molded abdomen piece like the Marmit. Plus the factory weathering on both the Marmit and Medicom looked like they had been attacked by Mr. Hankey (The Holiday Turd) from South Park.
Also, Sideshow's version has the best weapon and pauldron IMO. This figure has great possibilities. P.S. I agree with you completely on Sideshow's shin armor.

:duh:duh:duh sorry..you need a hammer for thinking such rubbish, mod it all you want..it will never come close to looking like a Marmit(which is most accurate looking to the film). I am not looking to start a debate here..just watch the movie..look at a pic of SS's and then Marmit..or just compare movie shots to the figures..if you can't see the glaring screw job on the SS helmet then..forget it. lol!.

Last edited:

Take a look at the calf armor in the Marmit pic, then look at your SS Stormies huge fat ass calfs, then go dig up a screen cap of a stormtrooper..you will see that Marmit got this right, as its supposed to have a more form fit.

Was talking material that was used. Ive never even noticed the fat calf problem.

The best Sandtrooper so far.
3255522277_5be1ff39b7.jpg

If you can't agree that this is the most accurate looking Sandtrooper we have got yet, then you need a full Bronson.lol!

Yea sure, the blaster is cheaper looking, blah blah its 12 years old BTW?..blah blah..it looks way better!!..that is all.

That looks like crap.

I hear ya man, no debate here. I own a Marmit. I guess I should have been more clear...The Marmit helmet is superior to all others, and my repainted Marmit will still look better than the Sideshow version side by side. I just think the design of Sideshow's armor is pretty cool, and effort was made to make it somewhat realistic and not a single-molded abdomen piece like the Marmit. Plus the factory weathering on both the Marmit and Medicom looked like they had been attacked by Mr. Hankey (The Holiday Turd) from South Park.
Also, Sideshow's version has the best weapon and pauldron IMO. This figure has great possibilities.

Yes, for sure..though, i would not care so much about the armor on the abdomen being one piece..its hard to tell anyway as opposed to a really off looking face/helmet and oversized armor that in some areas of the figure were made totally new and was never seen this way on anything Stormtrooper.

Back