SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS got a lot more right with this than I had even noticed before Ray posted that comparison link.

SS has never been very good with 'dirt deco'... but, not that you should have to, but you could touch-up their base paint to make the 'weathering' work.

That said, I cancelled this. Waiting for the orange pauldron as I only want one Sandtrooper to represent. I don't expect weathering to be improved in the future so that's not an issue for me.

Re: Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

I completely repainted figure after first removing the factory "dirt." Then I used earth tone pastels to add the weathering. It has a kind of Koto look to it. P.S. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE TO ARRIVE!!!! The Sideshow Sandtrooper just looks bad to bone...

But that's just the difference between then and now; for 10+ (?) years Marmit was the undisputed King of the Sandtrooper world, and I still think that despite the crummy articulation, the armor looks every bit as good (especially the helmet) as SS. The paint job, however, sucked big time, making SS's disapointing production apps look pretty good in comparision.

Fuzzy pics, but I'd say that he must have repainted it. It looks much more blended and subtle.

I don't really want to but i'm gonna cancel my Excl. order. I'm not really feeling the dirt paint job and like Wor-Gar, i only need one Sandtrooper, so i can wait for the Orange pauldron.

Just wishful thinking on my part. :lol

Has this been the only 12" figure Sideshow's done Flexpay for?

I think so, yes.

Re: Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

I completely repainted figure after first removing the factory "dirt." Then I used earth tone pastels to add the weathering. It has a kind of Koto look to it. P.S. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE TO ARRIVE!!!! The Sideshow Sandtrooper just looks bad to bone...

That's what I thought, and why I said there was no way yours looked like it does straight out of the box.

And you did an excellent job.

I got my processing e-mail and they're going to start processing them on the 12th.
Now I have to get the one with the orange shoulder pad.

Seemly SSC using molding technic on wheathering pattern for this white pauldron version figure, so all the wheathering pattern are the same.

Well...keep one of this and another for the Sandtrooper orange pauldron (Squad Leader).

Yeah true on the wep front. Its not that hard to make them if your determined though, and there are casts for cheap on ebay of different stormie weps, but im not sure of the quality though.

Yeah i want at least 3 or 4 black pauldron ones as well. I will just get 2 orange ones to go with the 3 white i have on order.

Yeah true on the wep front. Its not that hard to make them if your determined though, and there are casts for cheap on ebay of different stormie weps, but im not sure of the quality though.

Yeah i want at least 3 or 4 black pauldron ones as well. I will just get 2 orange ones to go with the 3 white i have on order.

No need to repaint your white pauldron troops now eh?

Back