Sam Raimi Offered "Clash Of The Titans" Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can respect Harryhausen for doing the best he could with the technology available at the time. However even as a small child I thought the stop motion stuff looked cheesy and fake. I'll take a Jurassic Park T-Rex over the Kraken any day.

This is why Darklord Dave sucks.:monkey3

I can respect Harryhausen for doing the best he could with the technology available at the time. However even as a small child I thought the stop motion stuff looked cheesy and fake. I'll take a Jurassic Park T-Rex over the Kraken any day.
No Dave!! Harryhausen is a pioneer and a legend, no way JP T-Rex tops the Kraken, he was decades ahead of his time in terms of his stop-motion work and it is still awesome to this day!! :rock

No Dave!! Harryhausen is a pioneer and a legend, no way JP T-Rex tops the Kraken, he was decades ahead of his time in terms of his stop-motion work and it is still awesome to this day!! :rock

Yes he was a pioneer in the 50's and 60's. But by the time CotT came out, this was old hat. I guess you can put in the same category of cool as JatA but remember, this came out the same time as Empire Strikes Back and E.T. Which makes it really quite dated IMO.

Sorry my Kurgan brothers if what I say displeases, but I just calls em like I see em. :cool:

Actually, I find a lot of modern CGI just as "fake" looking and distracting as any stop-motion.

Sure, some of the FX in "Clash of The Titans" are jarring... but no moreso than stuff like in "Ghost Rider", "Spider-Man" or you name it.

The church leadership advises its members to avoid R rated movies. There is no "rule" per se. I am a Kurgan though, so rated R is kind of required as a rule. :lol

The church leadership advises its members to avoid R rated movies. There is no "rule" per se. I am a Kurgan though, so rated R is kind of required as a rule. :lol

:lol:lol:lol
My Mother used to tell me how back when she was kid, the Catholic church frowned upon its members seeing "B rated" movies. I think you went straight to hell if you saw an X.:lol

What happens if you see uninspired remakes by hack directors that couldn't find an original movie idea even to preserve the sanctity of their virgin a**???

I wouldn't mind a R rated remake by Raimi. The original film has a fond place in my childhood, my favorite Fantasy film growing up. The original still exists so if the new one is sh#t, I can always watch the original instead and forget a remake was ever made.

You are wise beyond your posts Devilof76 :rock

:rock:rock:rock

Wait...beyond my posts?:confused:

Oh. You mean beyond what could be assumed from my grand total of 103, right?

I love Clash of the Titans. As far as I'm concerned, the story has been told. There are a thousand other Greek stories out there so there's no excuse for rehashes. Except for laziness. Or opportunism.

Hearing about this makes me think of the people who are planning to remake Star Wars in 20 years. :emperor

Back