Sam Raimi Offered "Clash Of The Titans" Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DetroitSportsFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
ClashoftheTitans.jpg

Release The Kraken!
Krakken.jpg

Clash of the Titans needs no remake, nothing can top Harryhausen's work on that movie!! It kicks ass as is. :mad:

Man... I just watched that movie again a few months ago. At the time it came out I was 8 years old and to my mind, at the time, I thought it was better than Empire Strikes Back. Seeing it again I was stunned by how boring it is and how bad the editing and acting are (gads even the extras in the back ground are laughably bad).

I welcome any remake. :cool:

You are now dead to me Pix!!! :rotfl

I'm in the no need for a remake category... I love this movie as is. And anyway, I think the nature of the story is one that really wouldn't lend well to an update. I imagine it would end up being on par with Troy :monkey4

The original is laughably bad in retrospect. But I think a hard R version is a mistake. This could be an introduction to the Greek myths for kids and given the story, a PG-13 take on it would be preferable.

The Kraken was my favorite toy as a Kid....As a kid i've seen this kid at least a hundred times.

as bad as it is, I still enjoy watching the original to this day.

.. but whatever you do, dont watch Land of the Lost today ... :monkey1

That Kraken figure has been a want for a long time, he's just got a quintessential 80's toy look to him. And the only figure from that time of one of my all time favorite movie monsters :rock

I watched it a couple of weeks ago on DVD & still love it.

However Harryhausen's finest work was on Jason & the Argonauts, another film which I still treasure to this day.

The original is laughably bad in retrospect. But I think a hard R version is a mistake. This could be an introduction to the Greek myths for kids and given the story, a PG-13 take on it would be preferable.

The original is a classic. Looks like my childhood is about to be raped yet again by Raimi. Let's just add his name to the list now.

Back