Alien prequel from Ridley Scott?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I never want to learn another thing about the enigmatic Space Jockey. I like the mystery of what happened and never knowing the truth. That being said, I will see anything that Ridley decides to put up on the screen.

:D

Scott has been talking about this idea since 1999 when he mentioned his desire to do an origin of the derelict on the 1st dvd release's commentary. If he aint done it already, I doubt it'll ever happen, not with him anyway.

Personally, I never want to learn another thing about the enigmatic Space Jockey. I like the mystery of what happened and never knowing the truth. That being said, I will see anything that Ridley decides to put up on the screen.

:D

i hear you completely. and i am totally with you - Ridley Scott is the man!

And Wook, nice one on Summer Glau! She really does look like Ripley - i just think it would be nice to do an Alien film without her - and have it focus on the company and their knowledge of the alien derelict.

Scott has been talking about this idea since 1999 when he mentioned his desire to do an origin of the derelict on the 1st dvd release's commentary. If he aint done it already, I doubt it'll ever happen, not with him anyway.

he also said he was waiting for the right script. who knows, maybe there is one now...

It's going to happen with or withour Ridley, now that Robs doing Predators.

Maybe Ridley figures he may as well do it right?

I'd rather see Cameron do another Alien flick. Cameron does better with larger budgets and it'll be much easier to make an exciting Alien movie than another scary one. Not that I wouldn't be there opening weekend if Scott really does get back behind the helm.

i hope this happens...............its been way to long for a decent Alien movie

Since 1992! I can still remember skipping school (I was a senior) and watching the third film three times in one day. I nearly wept when Ripley sacrificed herself!

:eek:

There were rumors about a Cameron Ridley collaboration of some kind on the project. That would be good but it would be clash of the titans! They are so different in style and they both took Aliens in different directions. But a prequel would be nice seeing as AVP took away the fact that Aliens seem almost indestructible! We need a real Director to restore the Aliens formidable power and deadly weaponry! And some decent acid burns!

Probably true.

I would say definitely true. After what avp has turned alien into and to an extent maybe even alien ressurection its hard to imagine alien ( in a new movie ) being scary again. Not impossible but a hard task.
If anyone would be able to though it has to be Ridley Scott.

Jeeez, I really hope they do reboot these movies. Go back to the Alien or Aliens style of Alien movie and make the Alien scary again. :)

So totally second and third that. As long as they don't use ADI to design the Aliens. They took the Alien right out of them and made some tube headed beasts. I don't mind the way they look now, but they are way too far from the Giger.

How do you make a movie before the first A L I E N encounter? Unless it wasn't the first...

It couldn't have anything to do with Nostromo at all, or it would suffer from unsurmountable lameness. I was happy with Alien being the origin of human contact, but AVPs sh@t on that.

I'd rather see Cameron do another Alien flick. Cameron does better with larger budgets and it'll be much easier to make an exciting Alien movie than another scary one. Not that I wouldn't be there opening weekend if Scott really does get back behind the helm.

It all depends on the director I guess.
I mean, there are still scary ghost movies being made... it's just that directors are just lazy and don't try hard enough to make a truly scary movie. It's easier to blow up things and have lots of blood splattered everywhere.

It all depends on the director I guess.
I mean, there are still scary ghost movies being made... it's just that directors are just lazy and don't try hard enough to make a truly scary movie. It's easier to blow up things and have lots of blood splattered everywhere.

Even acid burning blood....:acme :D

Sounds good! Hope it happens...

I think I just fell in love with Summer Glau, btw. She certainly could pull off a young Sigourney Weaver, but I don't see how the idea of a young Ripley/Alien movie could work, unless they completely reboot the series... At any rate, I'd love to see her in the movie.

Personally, I never want to learn another thing about the enigmatic Space Jockey. I like the mystery of what happened and never knowing the truth.

Total agree and whatever storyline and visuals they come up with, I doubt that it would live up to mine or anyone else's expectations.

As long as it's better than alien 3 and 4 we're good to go :lol

I loved the workprint version of Alien 3 included in the Quadrilogy box set. Shows what could have been if the producers had left Fincher well alone. Hope that version makes it to Blu-ray.

You know it would be an epic movie if Cameron and Ridley did it together. There's no doubt about it.

But one thing that would have to be changed (slightly) is the whole, -monster hides in darkness and kills victims- story line.

We've seen that in all the movies including AVP and AVPR. That is the one thing that would make it a yawner like AVPR.

Now obviously the movie can't do without -monster hides in darkness and kills victims- part as that's what aliens do and that's what made the franchise a success (and Ridley and Cameron, in 2009 could make it one HELL of a terror movie). But what I'm saying is it needs something more.

No one ever played on the Gigeresque weird deformed ^^^^ sapiens sexual tinge to the whole alien world (they are humanoid, and the shapes they and their world exhibit are sexual (ly)/ disturbed) Yet the alien itself even though it is a mix of these sub psychological trends, is attractive to us in some weird way. What did the space jockeys discover in their quest to make a bioweapon? God's view on life?

Alien 5: Couple hollywood's best horror movie (Ridley+Jim) to cinematically previously unexplored aspects of jungian and freudian psychological terror/reasoning and Lovecraftian and Body horror like in some of the awesome scenes of the Erid Red Alien 3 script, and you have an Alien movie to beat the '79 original. Hell you have a screamer flick to beat all that came before it.

The script really could be anything. But like someone else said as soon as you start saying the aliens do A, B and C because of D they instantly lose the magic aswell. As the formula works because you don't know anything about them.

Then again Ridley and Cameron could circumvent that problem with a kickass story line. FOX would likely want an open ended ending anyway, seeing as the movie would have just rebooted the franchise (to include not only 13 year old boys but the rest of the planet aswell), so the script could by definition not answer all the questions.

Last edited:
However, on a different note, while watching- Terminator TSCC it occured to me, with the right hair style Summer Glau could make a good young Ripley-
SigourneySummer.jpg

And anyone who can do this gets my vote!

That's a good choice but how in the hell would a prequel involve Ripley? She didn't even knew or seen what a Xenomorph was until Alien.

Back