Sad loss of a fellow member....DGTwoodward

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read this and was really shocked. I always enjoyed reading his posts. He was always kind and friendly.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

RIP. I don't think I had many direct interactions with him, but enjoyed his posts. Considered him one of the wiser, level headed freaks.

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest thoughts and prayers to you and your family right now.

It's sad to hear of the loss of a SSF member. My deepest heartfelt condolences to the family...I will keep you in my prayers..

It's sad to hear of the loss of a SSF member. My deepest heartfelt condolences to the family...I will keep you in my prayers..

:exactly: I don't recall any specific conversations but a brother in the world of collecting taken too early. May he find the ultimate grail in the heavenly kingdom. RIP.......

I just saw this thread. Sorry about your loss. I do remember seeing his posts here.

I am probably running the collection fund for flowers etc until perhaps Sat/ Sun of this week.
I'll know more on how to work things out once we know when the funeral will be. So I'll keep you all posted as I get any info on when things are happening.
Thanks again to all those who have donated so far, very much appreciated.

My thoughts are with the Woodward's on this Christmas Day.

Shell
x :1-1:

Last edited:
I am probably running the collection fund for flowers etc until perhaps Sat/ Sun of this week.
I'll know more on how to work things out once we know when the funeral will be. So I'll keep you all posted as I get any info on when things are happening.
Thanks again to all those who have donated so far, very much appreciated.

My thoughts are with the Woodward's on this Christmas Day.

Shell

How many people have donated, roughly?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

I'm so sorry to this news :(

He commented on many of my pictures and always had something nice to say, my heart goes out to his family. This really makes you appreciate the life that you are blessed with.

R.I.P.

I just stumbled on this, had no idea. I literally gasped. Had two close family relatives pass this last week, now this. What is it with the holidays?

DGT was a friend of mine. I'm very saddened by this news. I echo the praise from my fellow freaks... Daron was a kind and soothing soul here. He touched people across the globe here. He will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sharon and his family.

Greg

I'm so sorry for your losses wor-gar :( I just don't get the holidays, why is it always around Christmas :confused:
I hope you're okay.

In relation to Sharon and the Woodwards. I received a message from Sharon this morning and there has been a delay in the releasing papers to prepare for the funeral because of the holiday season, so it can't be arranged yet. So it will probably be in the New Year now.
She is very grateful for all our help, I think she may be a little overwhelmed by us doing this but she is VERY thankful.

We have spoken about sending flowers and I am sending them to be delivered on Tuesday morning. Plus a card is being sent separately with all the names of those who kindly donated on it.

Any funds left over beyond the cost of those, will be sent straight to Sharon by cheque with a small letter from me.

So, the last day for any contributions to be made will be 9PM Sunday 29th BST, I think you guys in the US are 5-8 hours behind us so you will need to check. I need a cut off so I can gather all the funds and arrange things to be paid as well as working out what there is left over to send to the family.

Anyone has any questions please feel free to send a pm.
x :peace

Just thought you would all like to know.... Daron had his autopsy today. It was delayed due to the holidays. It wasn't a heart attack although all the signs were there and even the medics thought so. It was a Thoracic Aneurysm. These things as you know often happen in the brain. It was the weakness in his aorta that caused this. It may have been forming for years. There is often no sign at all that it is there. The only time they are discovered is by accident when one goes to the hospital for a check up for something else. But as Daron was healthy and never really had need to go to the doctors it would never have been discovered. It seems that this weakness was going to take him at any time. When these things rupture it is 99.99999% of the time fatal. As they happen so quick.
I would also like to thank you all for all your support and comments on this forum. It has been a difficult week and your support and comments have lifted me. I feel so proud to have been a part of Daron's life as he was will liked here on the forums. Thank you all so much...

R.I.P Daron from a fellow collector.
my thoughts are with you Sharon hang in there :1-1:

So sorry to hear about this. Best wishes and my condolences. I saw his name on the bottom for Birthdays.

Thank you to everyone who has kindly contributed and helped us send a token to Daron's family.

Everything is now arranged and I've sent you all a pm.

Thanks again.
Shell
x:1-1:
:wave

Back