Sad loss of a fellow member....DGTwoodward

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. While I don't remember any specific chats with him its always sad to hear when somebody goes way too young.

He was to be 49 this coming Saturday......... Still young. He was older than me but still he still had or should of had many more years in him to go.... I am 39. I planned to grow old with him. To be old fools together..... What now! I cannot see past the next hour let alone the next year..... But I have a 16 year old son with autism and he needs me now so I have to carry on...... But it is really hard.

Tough, tough times. Deepest sympathies.

We have a son who suffers from Autism so I know how hard it can be on a day to day basis never mind coping with the loss of a partner and father of your child.

Time is a great healer which is easy to say but I'm sure you will keep strong for your son. Take it day by day and I wish you all the best for the future.

Stay strong my friend! :1-1:

Hi all,

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) the starter of this thread, she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

So sorry to hear about this. I grew up in Warwick and it always pleased me to see a fellow boardie from the same area.

Remember DGT from his posts in the BC Sherlock thread, though I never had any personal interactions with him.

Really sorry for your loss.

Just hearing about this now, what a terrible loss. DGT was a great member, I didn't talk to him much but I saw that he was a better man then I. very calm and collected, and a sense of humor. RIP fellow Freak

My condolences at this time, i'm absolutely shocked after reading the news in the Doctor Who thread. We've had some great discussions over the past months and will be greatly missed.

RIP DGT

I think its amazing the amount of people that were positively affected by DGT, even when they, myself included, never personally met him. That is a testament to how good of a man he was.

There are not enough people like that in the world.

These are very sad news. :(

My condolences to you Sharon and all members of Daron's family and friends.

Though I only had the chance to get to know Daron a little within a few pms I remember him as friendly and funny.

Life can be over from one second to another, once more shows that one shouldn't take everything much too serious.
I'm sure collecting and beeing part of this community was a part of the fun in his life.

RIP DGTwoodward, thanks you came around here!

Last edited:
:(

This really breaks my heart... I like many others only knew DGT through his posts here- But his were always ones I looked forward to reading, and his presence in a thread always helped to give it a friendly, warm vibe. He just seemed like a guy you'd want to talk to.

If all that came through in just a few typed lines, I can only imagine how good of a guy he was in real life.... and just how much this loss would affect those close to him. Like I said... I only knew him through his posts here, but I am tearing up as I type this.

My heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to his family. He will surely be missed by all of us here.

-James

Not sure what the etiquette is here, as this is truly the first time the passing of someone I only knew through the internet has affected me... But I was thinking a nice way to show our respects as having known DGT through here might be to change our avatars over to DGT's for the rest of December? Show the unity that he tried to keep in whatever threads he participated in...

Just an idea. Feels like we should do something... :(

Sallah

Have you heard about the small donations the board is collecting for some flowers,Salla?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I did and I sent a Pm over.. But thanks for the head's up!

I was just thinking of something we could do to show that his presence will be missed here....

Sallah

My deepest condolences...this board has lost a great member and friend.

Hi all,

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) the starter of this thread, she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:
Just wanted to say thank you to those who have donated so far, it's very much appreciated.
As soon as I find out more information about Daron, I'll let you know.

x :wave

Back