Sad loss of a fellow member....DGTwoodward

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. I have cancelled all the Sideshow pre orders. I didn't want to as I love the figures too but my Daron would understand that money will be tight for my son and I for a time until we adjust. I had on pre order for him the 66 Batman and Robin. These were going to be a wedding anniversary present for him next year. He got me the Chris Reeve Superman, and the evil one. I got him the Thor from Thor. But until we adjust to his loss I have to avoid these wonderful figures. I will attempt in the future to buy more.

It was awful to do the cancelling. He had spent so much time in arranging the payment dates so they were manageable and spread out. I feel like I was stamping on him. But it was the right thing to do.

Thank you once again to everyone for your kind words in my time of loss....

This sucks so much. I'm truly sorry for your loss. The can't even imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. I hope things will get better.

Chris

This is so very sad ,i feel for your loss ,i didnt know him personally ,but felt i knew him from his posts ,and if i may say he illustrated your very close bond through his love of you and your shared love of collecting ,again im so very sorry for your loss ,as his favorite batman would say "rest in piece old chum

My goodness. What a heavy heart I have right now, just learning of this. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your husband.

May your family stay strong through this tragedy and may your husband rest in peace. We will miss him too. :pray:

Just read about this on Facebook, via Big Chief. I am so sorry to hear this news. We might have had the odd disagreement down the line, but Daron always conducted himself like a perfect gentleman, and was always a lot more forgiving of a company's foibles than I was. An example on how to go about things. He added warmth and humour to all the threads he contributed to. Just a really nice guy. He will be very, very much missed.

My condolences to the family. My thoughts are with you.

He was an enthusiastic poster. He was nice to me in his last reply to one of my posts. He will be missed.

Sorry to hear this very sad news ,especially around the holidays . I wish you and your Family the strength and faith to get you through these difficult times

I didn't know DGT well but was definitely familiar with him and his views on certain properties that he enjoyed (saw him mostly in the Marvel section). Like others have mentioned he did come across as a total gentleman and a mature, decent fellow. Very sorry for your loss, especially as the suddenness of it is so shocking. Thanks for being thoughtful enough to let us know.

I didn't really know DGT but everything being said is nothing but good. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I only assumed he was an older fella. Just a few years older than most of us here :(

I wish his family the best.

He was to be 49 this coming Saturday......... Still young. He was older than me but still he still had or should of had many more years in him to go.... I am 39. I planned to grow old with him. To be old fools together..... What now! I cannot see past the next hour let alone the next year..... But I have a 16 year old son with autism and he needs me now so I have to carry on...... But it is really hard.

I never knew him personally, but I have read many posts from him. Always informative, and our paths crossed through many conversations around these forums. I am so sorry for your loss, and I wish you and you're family strength during this tough holiday season.

He was to be 49 this coming Saturday......... Still young. He was older than me but still he still had or should of had many more years in him to go.... I am 39. I planned to grow old with him. To be old fools together..... What now! I cannot see past the next hour let alone the next year..... But I have a 16 year old son with autism and he needs me now so I have to carry on...... But it is really hard.

Hang in there and stay strong :(. A lot of folks on SSF respected DGT. So, if you ever need a outlet for support, look no further than this forum.

Back