Action Figure S.H.Figuarts Super Mario

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the accessories, I guess, plus the sculpt looks a little better.

I'm pretty sure he's only undersized in Smash Bros and the Mario Kart games for gameplay reasons. If he was the correct Mario Bros. size he'd take up too much of the screen in those games making them unplayable. Looks like Bandai went with this smaller version. Too small for the price.

Well in fairness to Bandai, it varies from game to game, right?

GflnRSb.jpg

That classic question, does size matter?

In this case it probably does considering the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it could go either way, but size is not consistent across the board. That said, I wouldn't use the 2D games as a bench mark since these seem to be geared toward the 3D games more.

I'm pretty sure he's only undersized in Smash Bros and the Mario Kart games for gameplay reasons. If he was the correct Mario Bros. size he'd take up too much of the screen in those games making them unplayable. Looks like Bandai went with this smaller version. Too small for the price.
Yeah, this is true. Olimar for instance is very tiny, about the size of a quarter, and yet he's about Kirby's height.

Easiest workaround is to get a super tiny Mario to make Bowser look bigger. lol

Im still getting this. Collect the line till the end. Bowser comes in different shapes and sizes so its not that bad. Price and variety matters for this line. Need more enemies throughout the Mario world.

Okay so, I'm here at NYCC and after seeing Bowser in person, I'm definitely getting him. He's fairly massive and looks perfect for Smash Bros scale. Which is what I need him for. He's not towering, but he has appropriate bulk. Definite buy.

Okay so, I'm here at NYCC and after seeing Bowser in person, I'm definitely getting him. He's fairly massive and looks perfect for Smash Bros scale. Which is what I need him for. He's not towering, but he has appropriate bulk. Definite buy.

Cool. Thanks for the close up impressions. Sounds like he will be bulky which gives it some volume. I look forward to this. For measurements he's around 130mm compared with mario at 100mm

Cool. Thanks for the close up impressions. Sounds like he will be bulky which gives it some volume. I look forward to this. For measurements he's around 130mm compared with mario at 100mm

He also has some really nice textures to him which i didn't notice initially. He has scale detailing etc. it's a very good looking Bowser

The detailing is what I would expect from SHF and for charging that price. I guess the high price is not only for the scale it is at now plus there really isnt much else use for the mold either. If they bring out another Bowser, what other iterations could they make using the same mold?

Im happy with this scale as of now, cos it would go well with a Mario Kart Bowser. lol
If they made that Gigibowser, its going to cost as much or even more than their SHF Hulk Buster and then ppl will be moaning about too big with no space to put it or too costly. blah blah blah

Dry Bowser, Paper Bowser (if a Paper Mario line ever happened, which I'd love) and maybe Giga Bowser is all I could think of, for a re-use of the Bowser mold. Compared to other characters, Bowser doesn't have that many forms similar to his base form.

^haha
They should release the main line of characters first and then play with variants. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You fool! You've forgotten the most important one! Cat Bowser!

latest
I'm a dog person, of course I forgot :lol
^haha
They should release the main line of characters first and then play with variants. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too bad they already started on variants with Fire Mario...
F4F will probably make that statue.
I hope to God not, it appeared so briefly. The fight was cool though.

Back