S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was quite surprised with how much I liked this one upon opening. I figured after the regular and riot I wouldn't be as excited.

Weird how the helmet is now identical to the normal trooper, the promo pics (and iirc in the film) has a slightly different design with a deeper "eyebrow" area.

Edit: This promo shows it well.

15844-77371-thickbox.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't get it.

My only complaint is that the feet don't tilt forward and back. Makes it a challenge to get the perfect position.

All 3 look the same to me. I was going to get the FO troops, but, I always liked the ANH style better so I'm glad I didn't get them and will get the RO ones instead.

I'm at the Fan Expo right now and just took a look at the convention exclusive Star Wars Black Series figures. Kinda tempted since it has a sound clip of Leia. But I'm sticking with sh figuarts.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Wish they announced the Heavy Gunner instead of the Riot one. Already have two regular and the Riot but don't feel I need a fourth.

Just noticed the promo pic have black ankle joints as well, the actual figure has white ones.

Ok, so I took the plunge with both lukes and I got the jedi in the mail(toy dojo ships FAST). Gotta admit, these blow the BS away way more in person. Paint apps on the sculpt are a bit dodgy(eyes kind of look too shadowed and of course the goofy gold hair that I'm gonna try and repaint), but worth it overall. I wish the vader and stormtrooper were more accurate. Maybe they're do those over later so I can add them

Ok, so I took the plunge with both lukes and I got the jedi in the mail(toy dojo ships FAST). Gotta admit, these blow the BS away way more in person. Paint apps on the sculpt are a bit dodgy(eyes kind of look too shadowed and of course the goofy gold hair that I'm gonna try and repaint), but worth it overall. I wish the vader and stormtrooper were more accurate. Maybe they're do those over later so I can add them
I'd hate to be the one walking up to Hasbro just to tell them Sh figuarts star wars figures are better than them. Oh wait...i did do that last weekend. I loved it!

New stormtrooper:

9a3cf0387db428701903b26c273b422b.jpg

Ohhhh...when does that come out? Does it fix the problem with the original? I'm not an expert, but read the helmet was wrong

Wait, that's Rogue One. Is there any difference?

I'd hate to be the one walking up to Hasbro just to tell them Sh figuarts star wars figures are better than them. Oh wait...i did do that last weekend. I loved it!

Ice cold

Anyone thought about customizing their Luke with this look?

Luke%20Poncho_zpsaalxmsxx.jpg

If so, let me know where you source the parts :)

What's the point though? Figuarts are over double the price, of course they're going to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back